• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Venipede Stampede (681)

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Still i doubt it was in the US and European fans best interest to ban the dubs... Serebii might as well ad them to the banned episode list... Then again... wasnt a certian episode featuring Wichcash banned for similer reasons?

I realize that, I just wouldn't think it's fair to Japan to air the episodes other places when they didn't even air it there first. I still haven't given up hope though. The fishing episode aired after all, plus they said they'd air these episodes later anyways.

Well the Whiscash one was focused on Earthquakes (heck. Even Whiscash and Barboach are based off of the catfish in Japan's mythology that causes earthquakes, but I think that one with that stole Ash's badges probably was even more based off of that catfish)

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. Glad to see Ash's Pidove evolve into Tranquil.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
God, Trip acted like such a jerk in this episode, it was almost on Paul levels.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I realize that, I just wouldn't think it's fair to Japan to air the episodes other places when they didn't even air it there first. I still haven't given up hope though. The fishing episode aired after all, plus they said they'd air these episodes later anyways.

Well the Whiscash one was focused on Earthquakes (heck. Even Whiscash and Barboach are based off of the catfish in Japan's mythology that causes earthquakes, but I think that one with that stole Ash's badges probably was even more based off of that catfish)

Does it really matter if they see it first or not?

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Pidove evolved into Tranquill, nice. And yeah, Trip was like Paul, though he did help out Ash for one bit. Now we are supposed to see the Team Plasma and Team Rocket episodes, but no, we have to wait for those. Next week, we're having the Gym battle against Burgh.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I'm beginning to think that we'll never see those episodes.

Geekachu

Focusing on this episode, I thought it was fantastic. There were brilliant visuals of Castelia, features of lots of interesting Pokemon, an actual exciting storyline, and just general brilliance IMO. To see the Venepide crawling all over the city was really awesome, and it helps that Venepide is a brilliant design in the first place.

Perhaps my only minor complaint is that Ash's Pidove evolved too abruptly- however this is undoubtedly my favourite Unova episode to date. It's just a shame we won't see the ensuing story arc for a long time now- and that's presuming that we will see it.

Rowdy

I'm beginning to think that we'll never see those episodes.

As far as those two episodes go in Japan, I'm sure they'll eventually be seen on either DVD or Blu-Ray release if not on TV. The reason being is, unlike other lost episodes, those two have a plot that is central to the entire Unova Region arc.

It may take till years end or later next year, but they'll be seen eventually (even if under illegal means).

Pokefan 2000

sorry to complain and i reailzed how much japan has suffer but i truly wish they had edited out everything with junpiner watching those scenes just made me hate mother nature for that earthquake even more and why god why did they keep in the giovanni scene?!

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
So I forgot why the TR VS TP episodes revived nightmares to Japan for the earthquake. What was the reason those particular episodes frightened them again?
Unstable energy reactions. Tremors shaking a city. City getting destroyed

Dax

Legend
We should talk about an important issue too, Tranquill's horrifying new voice. I've never heard something so horrible in my life.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A nice episode I thought. An excellent story which really would have been a great lead into the episodes which actually caused the venipede to flee to the city (they said migrate in the episode). Even though I thought Pidove's evolution was unexpected one thing to note is that they have gone back to the original evolution but with the new blue aura. If you were to compare this to sandile's evolution, his back suddenly grew and the rest of the body followed unlike pidove's evolution in my opinion.

To me the edit of the episode was dealt with perfectly and all they had to do was stop the gang going with juniper (which happened in the original, as someone pointed out). All we know is that TR have found the meteonite and giovanni has made his way to the unova region and due to the TR findings professor juniper is going to investigate alone and we will find out what happens with this story later on in the series. This makes perfect sense now and we can continue how the dub is airing the series because everything makes perfect sense.

Anyway, great episode :D

Torpoleon

Pretty decent episode. I liked that the group reached Castelia City and Trip appearing was good. Him with a Lampent is something I like because I do see him with a Chandelure and I liked that his Tranquill appeared too. My favorite part was when Ash's Pidove evolved into Tranquill. It did seem a bit random, but that is sure to make her stronger now, so I like it.
8.5/10

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
We should talk about an important issue too, Tranquill's horrifying new voice. I've never heard something so horrible in my life.

It wasn't that bad. Other Pokemon voice's have been a lot worse.

And Ritchie's voice, however, was really bad.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

It's not new, it's just 'feminine'.

Burgh's voice is worse.

gliscor&yanmega

I love Lampent's voice. It sounded good for it.

The Venipede's voices where fine, it's nice how the big and small Venipede had different pitches in their voices compared to the others, makes them stand out more(Not like they need to stand out more).

I enjoyed the episode for the most part.