1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

A Villain's Fate. Did Lysandre actually... (SPOILER ALERT!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by shoz999, Jun 28, 2018.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Master of Disguise!

Okay. So I'm going to make this VERY clear! If you have not finished the XY story arc, if you have not reached the end of the XY arc, this thread contains a MAJOR spoiler near the end of the manga in a series, that I believe, does very well at having great twists, turns, and surprises of a game series many Pokemon fans are familiar with to the point that I feel like spoilers actually matter here a lot. If you have not finished the XY arc but you do have an intention to see what's going on, I probably be more pissed at you for spoiling yourself then you making an excuse that I or someone else spoiled the surprise for you. So please, if you haven't finished reading the XY story arc at all... FINISH IT! I guarantee you the twists and turns the story arc offers is all the more satisfying and surprising, making you wonder what will happen next?

Anyways, so this is about a surprise that I don't think many Pokemon fans were expecting and is that many of the fates of the Villainous Team Leaders usually either go missing, disappear, or a few cases even die... however... Lysandre's end is really surprising compared to past Adventure villains and it's kind of questionable if...

... he actually died from a surprisingly brutal way. Edit: He didn't. According to a fellow Adventures fan below me, Yamamoto, the artist of Adventures, confirmed on Twitter that he's not dead. Still it's interesting that he had to confirm that he's not dead considering the detail put into that scene. The Pokemon Adventures manga did not shy away from the fact that Lysandre fell pretty far off into a a very sharp rocky terrain that is implied to have killed him with his last words being... "Why?". Those who are unaware of the fact that it's been confirmed through Twitter or are first-time readers of this story arc may have assumed the possibility that Lysandre really did died a horrible death. Some fans believe in an ironic twist, the man who believe in a perfect world where the strong reign, is actually seriously crippled. Whatever the case is, this was still quite unexpected in the fact of how brutal and harsh his end was compared to other characters. In the games, it's thought that the original Lysandre was possibly sent to another world (USUM) after a flash of light appeared. Instead his fate is a different one in Adventures, Lysandre laying there, bleeding, on the sharp rocks, unable to move, left in shock desperately asking what happened to the Ultimate Weapon and after that, the manga never shows what happens to him next. After that, everything else is pretty much left to fan speculation. So anyways what are your thoughts on Lysandre? Was it an unusually harsh end to a Pokemon villain? Do you think he really is crippled from such a deadly-looking fall and that it is an ironic end to the villain, considering his belief in the strong and the beautiful. Or maybe he's not crippled, he's just seriously injured, and he's going to come back somehow in the possible remake arcs?

[​IMG][​IMG]
    In the first scene, the art does not shy away from the fact of how dangerous Lysandre's end could be since he is very vulnerable, how fast he's falling and the many pointy and sharp rocks below him. Although the first image doesn't show this, some of the characters who witness this fall are worried and disturbed by what could happen. Since this is still Pokemon where even villains don't suffer such horrible fates, perhaps Malva will save him somehow and Lysandre will simply be arrested? Readers who turn to the next page later find out that Lysandre does suffer from such a brutal fate that the last artwork implied. Even though it's been confirmed through Twitter that he's not dead, those unaware of this fact or reading this for the first time saw a scene that shockingly implies that he either died a horrible death or he is horribly crippled but this is the last scene that Lysandre appears in and we, the readers, never truly know what happen to him.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

Yamamoto had said on Twitter that Lysandre was not dead W

And he said that he was worried that this would be edited, but eventually passed the editor review. ;)

3. shoz999

Ah okay. I shall edit in this information. Thank you for the correction. Before I do, is there anything else I probably missed about this scene? Pokemon Adventures isn't exactly well-informed as it's other counterparts. For example, Lysandre is confirmed not to be cripple and it's just a serious injury that will heal over time? Other than that... by the ten holy tentacles of Helix! I don't think anyone expected things to go down like that. Still pretty brutal though. Must've broken a lot of bones.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  4. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

We know nothing about what happened to Lysandre after his defeat.

Potentially more will be added in the full volumes, but until then, who knows.

All the villains in Episode RR are from worlds where their respective player characters did not exist. They're all different individuals from the original games.

Pokemon is a multiverse, so there are an infinite number of Team Rockets, Team Magmas, Team Plasmas, Societeas, etc.

5. shoz999

Okay. I've edited in the information. I bet a lot of people who aren't aware of the fact that he's still alive did assume Lysandre possibly did died from that fall. I mean the art of the fall and the sharp rocks is very detailed and focused on in one large panel, he's not moving, many of those who witness this pauses in shock, and the boss of Team Flare is left in quite a shock as well murmuring about the Ultimate Weapon and we never see what happens to him next. I really really thought he died from a brutal death until someone confirmed to me that he's still alive.