• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Way Off Day Off! (100)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seeing Team Rocket and their Pokemon relaxing on the beach and then freaking out when they saw Marill and Togepi was funny. I almost gagged when I saw Tracey's fruit sandwiches though; I'd never eat something so random tbh. Also, I really wish that those wild Farfetch'd had done something other than just pummel TR with their leeks.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved this episode even tho hardly anything happened because we got to see everyone relax plus Scyther and Charizard's little rivalry was cool. I was impressed by how Victreebel's Sleep Powder was used so effectively.

Gillachu

Banned
This was just an excuse to show the cast's Pokemon out of their Poke Balls lol. I didn't find it that good except for Scyther meeting Charizard. :cool:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
This was just an excuse to show the cast's Pokemon out of their Poke Balls lol.

I admit that it did sort of feel that way to me as well, but it's not necessarily a bad thing cuz we hadn't seen the group's pokemon interact as much before in this arc. So I didn't mind seeing everyone together just relaxing. :3

I liked seeing Ash's Charizard and Tracy's Scyther getting all mad at each other + when Victreebel used Sleep Powder in the nighttime scene.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Tracey was funny when he talked in his sleep. Once again, a Pokemon conflict was solved by Team Rocket causing a disturbance and having the Pokemon work together to send them blasting off again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The wild flock of Kamonegi here seemed kind of irrelevant, which made me wonder why we even saw them at all. Watching Satoshi and his friends plan a relaxing day off was pleasant. Satoshi's Lizardon and Kenji's Strike having a rivalry caught me off-guard, however. It seemed to happen way too quickly.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The wild flock of Kamonegi here seemed kind of irrelevant, which made me wonder why we even saw them at all.

I didn't like how the isle's Farfetch'd were snubbed either. It seemed pointless to even show them when they did nothing of value. :x

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode felt boring. The whole Scyther/Charizard rivalry thing didn't even seem that important to the episode.

I think that the focus on Lizardon and Strike's rivalry deserved some kind of climactic conclusion at the very least. I was disappointed that all they really did was stare at each other menacingly the whole episode.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This episode felt kind of pointless since we just saw Ash and pals relaxing on a deserted island. But I did like how James used Victreebel effectively for once.

Leonhart

Imagineer
But I did like how James used Victreebel effectively for once.

I was somewhat surprised that Kojirou's Utsubot even knew Sleep Powder, because I didn't remember seeing Utsubot utilize that technique before. Utsubot's Sleep Powder seemed to only work on weak Pokemon though since Lizardon and Strike were immune to it in this episode.

Daizy

I call you honey
It was cool how this was heavily promoted as the 100th dub episode of the series back in 2000. Team Rocket relaxing on the beach and reacting when they saw Marill and Togepi was funny.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was cool how this was heavily promoted as the 100th dub episode of the series back in 2000. Team Rocket relaxing on the beach and reacting when they saw Marill and Togepi was funny.

I don't remember this episode receiving much hype, and honestly not much happened here, so this episode didn't seem very commemorative as far as milestones go.

Daizy

I call you honey
I think this was the first time in over 40 episodes since James had Victreebel that the plant used an attack successfully on James's command like in the night scene with Sleep Powder.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I think this was the first time in over 40 episodes since James had Victreebel that the plant used an attack successfully on James's command like in the night scene with Sleep Powder.

Well in terms of Kojirou not being swallowed by it for once yes, although he had given his Utsubot commands before which he carried out eventually.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
This episode made me wonder: how come Ash's Charizard now had a hatred towards Tracey's Scyther with no explanation?

You would think that the 100th episode of the series would have had a much more special feeling to it than what we got. I don't mind episodes where everyone kind of hangs out to relax, but it seemed like the writers didn't know what to do with the episode since they involved Team Rocket's nighttime attack and it felt like a way for them to waste the last few minutes of the episode. This was just a disjointed episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
BTS_fan said:
This episode made me wonder: how come Ash's Charizard now had a hatred towards Tracey's Scyther with no explanation?

It seemed to me that Lizardon just liked to form rivalries with strong Pokemon, and since Strike was practicing its moves in front of Lizardon, it must've caught his attention.