• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Way Off Day Off! (100)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Way Off Day Off!

Deciding to take a break on a nearby Island, Ash & Co and all their Pokémon just use the time to relax and get better aquainted. However Team Rocket have other plans for the Pokémon and intend to steal them. Can they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

AmeldaS

Soul Trainer
This is the best Filler episode of all!

I love it! I can watch for ever.

Here we see the personalities of all the character's Pokemon.
I love the scene of Team Rocket and their Pokemon sunbathing, it's perfect.

I wish we get a Hoenn episode like this soon.

H

Hales

Is this the episode after Tracey caught Scyther? because I partially saw this episode and there definitely was a Scyther in it.

Probably the only Scyther that Ash made friends with :)

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
If there was ever an episode in the entire 300+ episode run of "Pokémon" that perfectly defined the word "filler", this would be it - an episode that has little or no bearing on the central underlying story of the series. And indeed, there was absolutely NO POINT to this episode in the slightest. There were no captures, no evolutions, no badges, no life lessons learned, no aspects from the video game, no new characters introduced, but worst of all, there was no plot - it's just a bunch of stuff that happens. Why, I'd almost swear that there was a Japanese writers' strike the week this episode was conceived. They couldn't have had less impact on the Orange Islands storyline if they tossed a clip show together. There's a reason I only saw this one once - no rewatchability at all.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode has one of the best Team Rocket mottos *ever* :D :

Jessie (after she and James hit a tree): Team Blocket brast off at the leed of spite tonight
James: Surrender now, or prepare to... surrender now... surrender now.
Meowth: Meowth, say the motto right!

I also like the clips to Ash's first two gym battles.

Alfonso

Derpgull
wobbanut said:
This episode has one of the best Team Rocket mottos *ever* :D :

Jessie (after she and James hit a tree): Team Blocket brast off at the leed of spite tonight
James: Surrender now, or prepare to... surrender now... surrender now.
Meowth: Meowth, say the motto right!

I also like the clips to Ash's first two gym battles.

The clips with the songs? Those were great. XD I swear, it was a Ash x Dandy music video! I don't remember the words, but seriously... maybe Misty has someone other than Gary to worry about. :D (In regards to stealing Ash away from her, I mean. I'm sure she could find some comfort with Sakura though... :p)

P

PokeFan4Ever7783

All I gotta say is why for once can't one of Ash's other Pokemon wake up for once and get the bonding moment??? Why always Pikachu??? for crying out loud I know their the stars of the show but sheesh!!! and this episode was just okay .

JONNO.FRESH

Meh an average epi. Could of been MUCH better. 4/10

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
It was good to see all the pokemon out of their balls at the same time, which didn't happen too much, but I just didn't understand the small clipshow bit. There had only been two gyms at the times so it was pretty pointless. Otherwise, not a bad filler episode.

Battra

An enjoyable filler episode, I loved the TR motto.

Raikipper

BSB Lover
If there was ever an episode in the entire 300+ episode run of "Pokémon" that perfectly defined the word "filler", this would be it - an episode that has little or no bearing on the central underlying story of the series. And indeed, there was absolutely NO POINT to this episode in the slightest. There were no captures, no evolutions, no badges, no life lessons learned, no aspects from the video game, no new characters introduced, but worst of all, there was no plot - it's just a bunch of stuff that happens. Why, I'd almost swear that there was a Japanese writers' strike the week this episode was conceived. They couldn't have had less impact on the Orange Islands storyline if they tossed a clip show together. There's a reason I only saw this one once - no rewatchability at all.

Very well-said, and I agree completely. The only remotely interesting thing about this episode was that it established the possibly of a rivallry between Charizard and Scyther, but...eh, nothing seemed to come of it. I can't remember the two characters ever appearing in close proximity again.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Another pointless episode.

Ice T. Sackboy

凸(●´―`●)凸
Teehee. Tracey's funny when he talks in his sleep. James is also funny when lying his butt off. Once again, a Pokemon conflict must be solved (this time between Charizard and Scyther) by Team Rocket causing a disturbance and having the Pokemon work together to send them blasting off again.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I used to really not like this episode, but now years later, I appreciate it more because all of these Pokemon aren't part of the show anymore.

It makes you appreciate some eps in retrospect because we all know Ash's Kanto Pokemon, in addition to Misty/Tracey's Pokemon all leave the series at some point.

So its getting to see Pokemon all interact in an episode, and none of these Pokemon will ever be altogether again for the entire rest of the series.