• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Whisper in the Wind (Pokeshipping, PG to PG-13)

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Well, here we go, my second fic. Focuses mostly on Pokeshipping but may or may not include other ships.

EDIT: YES IT IS COMPLETE.

Rated PG to PG-13 to be on the safe side.

Well, the second annual Shipping Oscars of 2007-08 have come and gone, and it appears that this fic has won itself an award or two...to my shock and amazement...
[IMG139]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/MistyMix89/Shippers%20Community%20Awards/Most-Dramatic-Plot.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/MistyMix89/Shippers%20Community%20Awards/Most-Romantic-Scene.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/MistyMix89/Shippers%20Community%20Awards/Most-Unexpected-Twist.png[/IMG139]
[IMG139]http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/MistyMix89/Shippers%20Community%20Awards/Best-Fic.png[/IMG139]​

ENJOY!

A Whisper in the Wind
Prolouge

He had to get away. Get away from those humans. Those cruel humans. They had found him. The men in the black uniforms. They wanted to use his powers. Powers meant for good, powers for peace, powers to unite Pokemon and human as one. Good powers. But that man, the man in the orange suit, wanted his powers for evil. To rule the world. Well, he wasn’t gonna let this man take him. Not as long as he was alive! Never!

At that thought, a crimson streak of flames erupted from his beak, scaring the men in the black uniforms. They tried to send out Pokemon to battle him, but the Pokemon, no matter how much they were raised to be evil, could not bring themselves to harm him. Instead, they turned on their own masters, firing deadly attacks at the humans before disappearing in a flash of red light. He knew those Pokemon would be cruelly punished and even killed for blatantly disobeying their masters, but he could do nothing to help them now. Not when he was on the run. He disappeared in a flurry of golden flames.

Reappearing in a dense forest, he stopped to catch his breath. He was weak from the stun guns and force fields and the like, all failed attempts to try and gain his power. The weakness was not a problem, he could easily regain his strength. The problem was, he didn’t have the time. Even if he could recover, the man in the orange suit would not stop chasing him until he caught him.

He had to hide. Now.

With a flap of his wings, he turned towards a brightly lit city, and the only person who could help him…

*~*​

“Aaaaaand Blazekin is unable to battle, Pikachu wins! The winner, and new Pokemon Champion is Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town!”

“Yeah buddy, we did it!”

“Pika, Pikachu!” The happy little mouse jumped into its trainer’s arms, cheeks sparking happily. The raven-haired boy gave his faithful friend a hug, still not believing what had just happened. He, Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town, at the age of 17, had become the youngest Pokemon Master in history. His chocolate brown eyes swam with memories of all the steps he had taken to reach this point…

Losing to Richie and landing in the Top 16 of the Indigo League…

Defeating Drake and winning the Orange Archipelago…

Beating his all-time rival Gary in the Johto League, only to lose to Harrison and land in the Top 8...

Losing to Tyson in the Hoenn League and landing, once more, in the Top 8...

Defeating all seven Frontier Brains and completing the Battle Frontier Challenge…

Returning to the Indigo League, and winning the first place spot, allowing him to challenge a special Elite Four, a mixture of Elite members from Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn…

Defeating all four members of the Elite four, and facing up to the Pokemon Master, to find that it was his long-lost father…

And now, finally, achieving his lifelong dream…

But…what was he to do now?

*~*​

Ash Ketchum lay in his bed in the luxury suite of the finest hotel in Indigo. Mahogany furniture gleamed in the moonlight. Artifacts decorated the room. Velvet sheets covered his bed, even the pajamas he wore were made out of the best and softest silk. Nothing but the best for the Pokemon Master. Scratching the furry head of the Pikachu beside him, he whispered:

“You know, I’ve achieved my dream now, Pikapal, but what next? Is the journey over?”

Pikachu slumbered on, apparently not hearing a thing. Ash smiled, and continued the one-sided conversation.

“As great as this feeling is, there’s a part of me that wishes that I never won. The adventure is half-or more-of the fun, right?” He rubbed the rodent’s ear, making it squeal a happy, “Chaaaaa,” in response. “Will I have to leave all my friends? Will they have to leave me? I’ll miss them all so much…Brock, May, Max, Tracey, and especially Mist-” His thoughts lingered on the pretty red-haired girl, stopping the thought abruptly. It was hard to admit some things, even to himself. He smiled. Tomorrow, I’ll tell her tomorrow. Turning to Pikachu, he said, “Never mind. Good night, buddy.” Slipping under the soft velvety sheets, he fell asleep at once.

Pikachu’s eyes opened and stared at its master with a strange smile on its face before going back to sleep. It had heard Ash after all.

*~*​

“Ash…”

“W-What?”

“Ash…”

“Who’s there?”

Ash looked around him, he had woken up in a strange room filled with shadows. The darkness seemed to be endless, he felt as if he was suspended in midair. His throat went dry, it took all he had to force the words out of his mouth.

“Who’s there?” he repeated, this time with much less confidence than before.

“Someone who has been watching over you…”

“W-wha?” Ash tried to swallow, something, anything to get his throat moist…nothing came.

“I have been watching you…ever since you and Pikachu took that first step to becoming lifelong friends…” A pair of golden eyes suddenly appeared in front of him. Surprisingly, Ash felt comforted, not scared.

“You-you have? Wait…does that mean…”

“Yes, child.” A shadowy figure materialized around the golden eyes into the silhouette of a large bird.

“No way,” whispered Ash to himself. Now that he knew who it was, his fear had disappeared completely, replaced with joy. He had seen this Pokemon several times, but never thought it would actually come and speak to him. It was supposed to be hiding from humans. “What are you doing here?”

“I need your help, Ash.”

“M-me?”

“Yes, young one.”

“What can I do?”

“Help me hide.”

“Hide? From who?”

“The man you call…Giovanni.”

“Him? I thought I destroyed Team Rocket two years ago. They’re back?”

“If you mean the men in the black suits, then yes.”

“No way…but how can I help you hide?”

“You do not have to accept, but…I need to reside in a human body.”

“A human body?”

“Yes. A human body will mask my powers from view. Do not worry. You will not die or give up your body to me. I will only reside in a small corner of your mind. But…the problem is, I don’t know how your body will react. I don’t know if it can take the strain. And even if it could…I don’t know if your will is strong enough. If you decide to help me, your life will change, forever. For better or worse, I do not know. Will you help me?”

“Of course!”

“Think about it carefully, young one. This is not a simple rescue mission. You can’t jump into this like you have into so many other things.”

“I know. There could be many consequences. But if its going to help you and others stay out of danger, it will be worth it. I’m ready.”

“…Spoken like only someone with a pure heart would. I was right in choosing you, Ash.”

Ash smiled, then put his hand on the bird’s chest feathers, right over its heart. A blinding light engulfed the area, and then all went black once more.

*~*​

Ash bolted up, sitting in his velvet covered bed, beads of sweat on his forehead. Pikachu was up and alert, staring at him, worry in its face. Nobody but the two knew about their special connection. They were able to read each other’s minds and borrow energy, stamina, and even abilities from each other. Utilizing this unique ability, Pikachu spoke to its trainer in human tongue.

“Ash, I saw what happened…”

“I know…but…was that real?”

“Look at your hands.”

Ash stared at his hands, and quickly stifled a yell. Etched along his arms was a complex array of lines, laid out in an almost artistic way, drawn in the color of his namesake. That was not what had surprised him, however. What unnerved him was that just seconds ago, they had been glowing a bright gold…

“P-pikachu…I can’t believe it…”

“I know…”

“Pikachu…I can’t stay here…”

“W-what?”

“You saw the dream. Giovanni is after him. I can’t stay in one place. I can’t…”

Pikachu saw a look of pain cross his trainer’s face. “What, Ash?” he asked, dreading the answer.

“…“

“Ash?”

“…I can’t see my friends and family again.”

“But…why?”

“Think about it, Pikachu. Giovanni will be after me, and he’ll do anything to get me. If he feels our friends are in the way, he’ll…” Ash didn’t want to continue.

“Yeah, I understand…but you better not leave any of your Pokemon, especially me, behind. We’re perfectly capable of helping you, and anyways…we’d pummel you into the ground before letting you go anywhere without us.”

Ash smiled. “Alright, you win, Pikapal.”

*~*​

Ash gently eased open the door to Misty’s room to say goodbye. He had saved hers for last, because he knew it would be the hardest to do. Pikachu quickly left his shoulder and silently opened the window. Ash stood next to her bed, hoping that her eyes would open so he could see those beautiful sea-green eyes one last time, while his common sense was wishing that they would remain closed. He tried to speak, but all that came out was a hoarse whisper…and it was not what he had planned to say…but it seemed fitting somehow…

“Mist…I’m so sorry…”

Misty mumbled and turned in her sleep, making Ash freeze. Luckily, she did not awaken. Ash took a strand of her fiery red hair, fingering its softness. Why did he feel so reckless? He had to get out of here quickly. But there was one last thing he had to say…but it was so hard…

“Mist…promise me…you won’t…lose yourself…like…I will have to lose myself. Promise me…”

Misty mumbled again, making Ash smile. He then quickly moved towards the window, where Pikachu was impatiently waiting for him.

“You didn’t confess?” Pikachu asked in a hushed whisper.

“What’s the point? She won’t see me again.” Pikachu looked at Ash shrewdly, cocking its ear.

“…Maybe…maybe not.”

With that, Pikachu hopped onto Ash’s shoulder. Ash jumped out of the window, his body quickly fading into the dark abyss we call night…

A soft breeze blew, whisking leaves into the air and into the window. It passed the curtains, blowing them and making them look frail and ghostly. A soft whisper echoed through the room…

I love you, Mist…

*~*​

“ASH, NO! DON’T GO!!!”

With that cry still fresh on her lips, a pair of sea-green eyes opened abruptly in shock and fear, the girl owning them shaking as beads of sweat rolled from the crown of fiery red hair down her pale face. She shuddered as she remembered the dream, it felt so real…Ash had been fading away into darkness, when she reached out for him and cried to him to take her hand, he turned away. He said that he couldn’t drag her down with him, then disappeared completely from sight. She had cried out once more, then found herself in bed, shaking.

She couldn’t shake off how real the dream felt, it made her feel cold inside thinking about it. The breeze coming in from the open window wasn’t helping her warm up much either…wait, the window was open?

She rose out of bed, and prepared to shut the window when a small gust of wind blew through. A strange black feather drifted into the room and nestled itself comfortably in the crevice Misty’s head had imprinted in her pillow.

Ignoring the open window, Misty ran to her bed and fingered the feather, it was so strange…and yet…familiar…comforting. The feather was the exact same raven-black color that dyed the hair of one Ash Ketchum…

Stroking the feather, she was filled with a sense of calm and courage.

Tomorrow. I’ll tell him tomorrow…

*~end of prologue~*​

And that's it for now. Clocking in at slightly more than six pages and 1990 words, it's not my longest piece of work, but I take pride in it. I have the next chapter all planned out, I just gotta type it...lemme know what you guys think! :)

Last edited:

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
AWWWW THat's so sad!! Put me on the PM List!!! Omigoodness, she wants to tell him but Ash is gonna be gone!!! ='[ and who is that voice?? lol

Genkiness

CHEESE!!!
Wow! I really like this story! The plot is simply marvelous! I don't really read that many pokeshipping fics (even tho i do support it), but i'm definitely gonna read this one!

I didn't find any grammar errors, but I'll tell you which parts i liked the best!

“Help me hide.”

“Hide? From who?”

“The man you call…Giovanni.”

GASP! lolz. interesting... so giovanni's the main antagonist in this story?

“Yeah, I understand…but you better not leave any of your Pokemon, especially me, behind. We’re perfectly capable of helping you, and anyways…we’d pummel you into the ground before letting you go anywhere without us.”

lolz! sounds so pika-like! lol.

“Mist…promise me…you won’t…lose yourself…like…I will have to lose myself. Promise me…”

awwz!

“You didn’t confess?” Pikachu asked in a hushed whisper.

“What’s the point? She won’t see me again.” Pikachu looked at Ash shrewdly, cocking its ear.

CONFESS YOU SILLY IDIOT! CONFESS YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!!! lol.

I love you, Mist…

duh! now just say that through your mouth instead of in your head, dummy! lol.

Tomorrow. I’ll tell him tomorrow…

aww! but he'll be gone by then, right? T_T

anyways, your prologue was excruciatingly detailed and descriptive. very emotional and touching as well. your use of your extensive vocabulary is excellent (did that even make sense? i think i'm using big words i don't know how to use again. lolz)

anyways, if there is a PM List, PLEASE PUT ME ON IT! Thankies!

shoujoai-fangirl

Our Lady of Sorrows
Amazing! this is written so well and I want to know what happens to Ash next so if you have a PM list, add me ^_^

Ash gently eased open the door to Misty’s room to say goodbye. He had saved hers for last, because he knew it would be the hardest to do. Pikachu quickly left his shoulder and silently opened the window. Ash stood next to her bed, hoping that her eyes would open so he could see those beautiful sea-green eyes one last time, while his common sense was wishing that they would remain closed. He tried to speak, but all that came out was a hoarse whisper…and it was not what he had planned to say…but it seemed fitting somehow…

that was my favorite part, you're a great writer and I hope to see more pokeshippy fics from you ^_^

This story is written so well, i love it!!!

I cant believe ASh sacrificed his life for the bird!!

When Misty saw the black feather, and said that she would tell him tomorrow, that was truly sad. A LOSS OF LOVE. I would like to be in the PM LIST:D

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
*squeee* I'm sooo hyper! 4 reviews overnight, you guys are awesome! :) And I get to make a PM List! *squeee* Glad you guys like it! Yeah, I know its really bittersweet, I seem to like those kind of stories. *sniff* And for those ones that didn't guess:

The voice is Ash. In essence, he is "the whisper in the wind". This will be elaborated on more in later chapters.

PM List

XxM!styxX
Genkiness
shoujoai-fangirl
MistyLover

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Hey this is really good! And I hope Ho-oh doens't turn out to be ebil, someone has an ebil Ho-Oh at the moment, and it's not pretty! (Hero by XxM!styxX i think)

However I have read a fic similar to this-ish where Ash becomes a huge fire bird, but with a phoenix rather than an actual pokemon. A very good fic, I'll PM you the link if you want to make sure you don't have the same ideas...[not accusing of copying, tis just similar story lines and this one just leapt into my mind when I read this prologue. So please don't take it that way ^^]

The writing style is great and so sweet with Ash being like, I'll tell her tomorrow and Misty is like, I'll tell him tomorrow.

And could I please be on the PM listeh? Thankies! ^^

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Wait... How s Ash the voice if Ash is hearing it...???

el_toro

Superfly
More great work from you Artemis! I defintely should have been working on my fic, but when I read the first sentence of this story, I had to take a break to read it! Now I can have you to blame for why I haven't done it yet! :p Just kidding, but seriously you have an amazing writing style that I wish I could pick up! It's very artsy and poetic which is why love reading your fics! I agree with shoujaoi-fangirl that you should make more AAML fics. I can't wait for the first chapter to this story as it is already very interesting and I also want to be added to the PM List! Thanks! :D

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Actually, XxM!styxX, the voice is echoing through Misty's room after he left. Ash sends the wind to carry his voice to her.

Ok, el toro, you're on the PM List!

PM List

XxM!styxX
Genkiness
shoujoai-fangirl
MistyLover
Esperon
el toro

As of now, Chapter 1 is ready, but I want to get a little bit of Chapter 2 done first. I'll probably post Chapter 1 tonight or tomorrow. :)

qwerqwer

wow, this is so good. The writing is absolutly beatiful and your description is awesome. I like fics were it's half shipping and yet half adventure type. Can I please be added to the PM list?

Tamashi

the demonslayer
OMG! your description and the trama is excellent! I can't wait to see what will happen next and one more think, this story will have a little bit of drama? o.o and please put me in your PM list if you want.XD

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Chappie 1!!!

All righty qwerqwer and Tamashi, you're in!!!

PM List

XxM!styxX
Genkiness
shoujoai-fangirl
MistyLover
Esperon
el toro
qwerqwer
Tamashi

Here's chappie 1, unfortunatley, not much shippiness here, this chapter focuses more on the events up to the reunion.

A Whisper in the Wind
Chapter 1

This was sad. No, not sad…depressing. The whole region of Kanto…fallen. Fallen. With no Pokemon Master to guide them, and no one willing to step up to the task, no one was left. Only one person had been able to stop them…but he was gone. Gone right after he had fulfilled his dream.

And there was nothing the rest of them could do about it…

*~10 years from the end of Prolouge~*​

Pure. Simple. Untouched. A…haven, was what they would have called it.

But there was no “they” left to call it a haven. There wasn’t even a haven left. And it made his heart ache to see what was left of Viridian Forest. Just a charred skeleton, save for some low brush.

Pokemon cowered in those bushes, seeing as there was no other green for them to hide under. They shrunk away from the hooded figure that seemed to drift along like a ghost through the blackened field. But as it got closer, they felt a warmth emanating from it…a warmth they hadn’t felt in ages. Coming closer, they saw it hid the figure of a human, a kind one…they hadn’t seen a kind human in forever. All the bad men in black had either killed them or locked them in their homes.

Suddenly, the figure stopped. An arm withdrew from its cloak, bandages covering every last bit of skin. A fingerless black glove decorated the hand, now clutched tightly in a fist. Opening the fist, the arm swung round, scattering a grayish power in the wind. The breeze carried the powder before dropping it, covering the entire field in grey sand. The Pokemon crept closer, sniffing the sand, before letting out cries of joy. This was no ordinary sand…this was Sacred Ash.

From each grain of ash, a seedling sprouted, most of them grass, but some of them were saplings, baby trees. The Pokemon gathered around the figure, chattering words of thanks in their language as the figure withdrew its arm back into the dark folds of its cloak. Then it spoke, in a gentle, soothing voice.

“Now you take care of these saplings, you hear? I started the rebirth of the forest…but its up to you now to finish the job.”

The Pokemon smiled at him, knowing the figure had to keep himself hidden, and could not stay to finish the job. But really, it didn’t matter. They were content to know that they had been given a second chance in life…

*~*​

Viridian City was a depressing place these days. Then again, why wouldn’t it be depressing when an evil organization had made its headquarters in your hometown for almost 10 years now? With the increased security these days, it wasn’t very cheery. But one couldn’t help but wonder what had caused the upgrades in security, and why Team Rocket seemed to be so worried…

*~*​

“Meh, this is getting boring.”

“Hey, you heard the boss’ orders! We have to keep this front door guarded!”

“What’s the point? It’s not like there’s anybody brave enough to challenge us!”

“I guess, but we still have to do our job! Otherwise the boss will have our heads!”

The Rocket grunts were standing in front of a huge steel door, which was the entrance to a large, castle-like fortress, emblazoned with the trademark red “R”. Or they had been. Now they were just leaning against the door, mugs of coffee in their hands, empty mugs were scattered across the ground. It was pretty obvious that they desperately needed sleep.

A rustle came from the bushes.

“Huh? Whuzzat?” mumbled the first guard, who had been slouching against the door, on the very edge of sleepy land.

“I didn’t hear nothin’…” murmured the second guard, his speech beginning to slur.

Another rustle.

“There it is again!” exclaimed the first guard, now awake and alert. He whipped out a gun and pointed it at the bushes.

“I seriously don’t know what you’re talking about…” the second guard replied, awakening at the sight of the gun.

The bushes rustled again.

“See?”

“Oh, yeah, I see,” answered the second guard, pulling out his gun. “Come out, come out, whatever you are…”

A figure jumped out of the bushes and started sniffing at the ground, freezing when it saw the guns.

“It’s only a Rattata, you dumbass,” said the second guard, smacking the first guard on the head with the barrel of the gun. “Must be the coffee…”

“Yeah, the coffee, that’s it…” replied the first guard sheepishly. Neither one of them noticed the Rattata disappear into thin air, nor did they notice a hooded figure scaling the wall behind them…

*~*​

“Huh. They increase security, and all I find is a pair of caffeinated, half-awake guards at the door. Maybe the inside will be more challenging.”

A cloaked figure hid in the shadows of the fortress’ roof, trying to find an entrance. Mentally linking with the Pokemon in his backpack, he talked with it to pass the time.

“Don’t get cocky now. Remember what happened during your journey when you let yourself get overconfident?”

“Yeah buddy, I know. A humiliating defeat. By the way, Pikapal, nice illusion there.”

“Thanks, but don’t change the subject. We have an organization to stop.”

“Yep, and the first step is to free the prisoners…” The cloaked figure shuddered as it began to relive old memories of Team Rocket. He made an attempt to stop himself. No, no, no! He wasn’t supposed to feel emotion anymore! Only Pokemon could see his real self now…

Steadying himself, he lifted the opening to the ventilation shaft…

“Typical. The air vents…”

“As long as it works, Pikapal, as long as it works…”

*~*​

Crawling around through the air vents, the figure tried to get a sense of where he was, but all attempts were futile.

“Pikachu, can you get a good look at this place with your psychic vision? Take care of the north end, I’ll get the south.”

“Roger that.” A few seconds passed, the figure turning its head to see everything, before getting a message from the rodent in his backpack. “Jeez, you were right about the security being better on the inside. I can’t count all the guards!”

“Well, buddy, I just found something rather interesting. Looks like we might have to split up for a bit.”

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“Looks like Team Rocket’s captured an old friend,” the figure replied, pointing downward. Following his finger, Pikachu gasped.

“They…they have Mewtwo? Again?”

“Again,” the cloaked figure responded bitterly. “Have you located the prisoners yet?”

“Yep, on the lowest floor, section E.”

“Gotcha. I’ll rescue Mewtwo. Take care of the prisoners for me, will you, buddy?”

“Sure, no problem.” The Pikachu hopped out of his trainer’s backpack and ran past him, hiding itself in the shadows. It stopped, and looked back at its trainer with a sad look, then left. I know you’re still scared to go near people, Ash. Why can’t you be the way you used to? You were so cheerful back then…

*~*​

A woman woke up and sadly looked at her friends, all chained up beside her, all in the same cell. She blew a stray strand of flaming red hair from her face and took to staring at all her comrades, who were all still unconscious. All of their clothing, like hers, were ripped and torn, scars everywhere, some old, some new, still oozing dark red blood.

First, a dark skinned man, with slits for eyes, and brown spikes for hair…

Then a woman, with long brown hair, shaped almost like dog ears, and bright blue eyes…

Then a man, several years younger than the rest, with black hair that was smoothed back, and a pair of large glasses, whose lens were cracked.

Then next to her, someone she hoped she wouldn’t see again. A man with chestnut-colored hair and brown eyes, eyes that were almost the same chocolate color as someone else she knew…no, someone she loved…

Their names? Brock, May, Max, and Rudy.

And her? One Misterrea Waterflower, or Misty for short. And she was the one in most pain. She had been here the longest…almost a year, to be exact.

Agony. Pain. Torture. When would it all end? When could they finally be free? When could they see the light again? When could they feel the breeze playing upon their faces? The breeze…it was the only thing keeping her alive. Ever since that day 10 years before…

*~*​

Misty had woken up, energized and delighted, not even remembering the dream from last night. Clutching the strange black feather, she went over the words she wanted to say to him…but nothing sounded right. Once she had finished getting dressed, she was about to open her door, when a frenzied knocking rattled it.

“Misty! Something’s wrong!” It was Brock’s voice.

“What? What is it?” A sense of foreboding came over her.

“It’s…it’s Ash.” Suddenly, the dream from last night came to her, and she started to panic.

“What? What’s happened to him?”

“…”

“Brock?”

“He’s…disappeared.”

“WHAT?!”

“It’s true! Come to his room.”

Misty raced to his room, quickly stuffing the black feather in her pocket, where she found Max and May at the door. Misty didn’t waste any time, she opened the door. All of Ash’s things were gone. His backpack, his clothes, his Pokemon…then she saw something that chilled her very heart.

Laying neatly at the foot of his bed was Ash’s Pokedex, his Pokemon Master’s badge…and a strange, raven-black feather.

*~*

Misty thought she would never live past the next day, she probably wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for what happened after that. At first she thought she was hallucinating, but when it started happening every week…she began to listen closely. At first it was a small gust, then it grew into a waft of cool wind, then finally, a soft, caressing breeze. The wind was speaking to her. She couldn’t tell what it was saying, but it comforted her, somehow. No matter how much she strained her ears, she could never make out more than quiet whispering, almost too faint to hear. After hearing it for all those years, she could still only make out one word…

Mist…

And that was the word that stopped her. Mist. Only one person had ever called her that. Hearing that one word…that one word…it gave her hope. It told her that Ash was still alive somewhere. He would be back.

He would, he would…

Misty was shocked out of her thoughts to hear the door click open. Everybody’s eyes opened at the dreaded sound, that sound only meant one thing. Torture time…

But when the silhouette appeared, she was confused. It was way too short to be a Rocket grunt. The ears were too pointy. And it had a tail. When it stepped closer, everybody could see what it was, and they gasped.

It was a Pikachu. But, it was no ordinary Pikachu, it was unlike any Pikachu they had ever seen before.

Its cheeks were so dazzling and bright, they seemed to be made out of rubies. The tips of its ears, the brown of its eyes, the stripes on its back and the brown at the base of the tail were now a clear diamond-crystal color. When light shone on them, they glittered like the jewel their color was named after. But its fur…its fur was the most amazing thing they had ever seen. It was not the bright lemon yellow of its kind, it was the deep rich color of molten gold, mixed with sunbeams. But what amazed them the most was the fact that it began to speak to them, in human tongue. It’s voice was calm, soothing, as rich as the color of its coat.

“Calm down, I’m not going to hurt you. Me and my trainer have come to get you all out of here.”

“You…you can talk?” whispered Misty weakly.

“Yes, but its best if we keep silent. Hold still.” The Pikachu walked up to her, not believing who it was seeing. I can’t believe it’s them…Mew, Ash will freak! Standing next to the wall, it tapped it, sending a rainbow colored energy (think of Psybeam in the anime) through the wall and down the chains that bound them there, shattering them. Misty stared at the Pikachu…it looked…familiar…

“Do I…know you…or your trainer…from somewhere?” The Pikachu looked at her strangely.

“Maybe…maybe not.” Its ears began to twitch as it sent a message to Ash.

“Ash, are you there?”

“Yeah, buddy, where are you?”

“I found some of the prisoners…you wouldn’t believe who they are!”

“Not now, Pikapal. I need your help! Mewtwo’s gotten a whole lot stronger now! Escort the prisoners outside, then come back in here and find me!”

“Gotcha!”

“Pikachu? Something wrong?” May’s voice penetrated his consciousness.

“Hmm? Oh, no, nothing wrong. Just talking with my trainer.” Everybody looked around confusedly. “Psychically.” Everyone murmured ‘ohhhh’ in realization. Pikachu rolled its eyes.

*~*​

“Here’s the exit. I have to leave!”

“Why?” questioned Rudy, rubbing his heel.

“I need to get back to my trainer.” Pikachu smiled inwardly, it couldn’t help but give Rudy a rather unpleasant (but small) zap, luckily nobody else seemed to notice. Running back into the building, it didn’t notice the others’ conversation.

“We can’t let that trainer be alone after they helped us!” Misty said.

“I know, it doesn’t seem right,” agreed Brock.

“I heard the alarm sound. All the guards are probably after him or her,” commented Max.

“Yes, and it wouldn’t be fair to leave that person behind,” Rudy said, although secretly holding a grudge against Pikachu.

“And now that we have our Pokemon back, nobody can stop us!” exclaimed May.

The group quickly ushered the rest of the prisoners outside the gates and ran back in, determined to find their savior.

*~*​

Ash quickly ducked out of the way of a powerful Shadow Ball attack thrown by the large purple and white cat-faced creature in front of him.

“Mewtwo, snap out of it!”

It didn’t listen. Focusing its empty eyes on him, it fired a Psychic attack, catching the cloaked man by surprise and suspending him at midair. Lifting its hand it prepared another Shadow Ball. The sphere quickly flew towards him…to be cut off by a rainbow-colored Thunderbolt, slicing it in two. The explosion disoriented the Psychic Pokemon, causing it to release its Psychic grip on the trainer.

“Ash! Are you okay?”

“Yeah. Just got caught off-guard. Pikachu, can you locate what’s controlling him?”

Making its eyes glow that same rainbow color, it focused on Mewtwo, where it saw something out of place…

“There’s a computer chip in its brain.”

“Ah, that explains it.” Ash jumped up and fired a golden beam at Mewtwo, paralyzing it and bringing it down to its knees. Landing next to Mewtwo, he made his hand glow golden before reaching inside its head, groping around…at the same time Misty and the others came in.

“D’ya think that’s him, Misty?” questioned Max.

“Yeah, but he seems so different from his Pokemon. All I can see is black.” replied Misty. Indeed, his cloak and hood shadowed every part of his body, and as he leaned over Mewtwo, he seemed like a vampire getting ready to drink his victim’s blood.

“Stop! What are you doing to Mewtwo?” cried Brock.

“Don’t worry,” said Pikachu. “He is only searching for the computer chip controlling Mewtwo.”

“Got it!” exclaimed the hooded figure, raising up a small computer chip to the light. “Man, these things get smaller every day,” he muttered before crushing it in his hands. At that moment, Mewtwo began to awaken.

“Ugh…where am I?”

“They got you again, old friend,” Ash replied.

“Old friend?” everybody else questioned, making Ash jump, he hadn’t noticed the others there before.

“Them? No…”

“Yes, but you are now free. I hope that we may spar again soon, although I hope you won’t be mind-controlled.”

“Yes, we will spar again. It was good seeing you again, A-” Mewtwo stopped abruptly, noting the frantic mental messages from Ash and Pikachu. Looking behind them, he noticed the others and understood completely, quickly changing directions mid-word. “Aaaa...Satoshi.”

Pikachu and “Satoshi” breathed a sigh of relief. “You know, you should tell them. They are truly trustworthy, Ash.”

“It’s not a matter of trust, Mewtwo. You know that.”

“Whatever you say, Ash.” Levitating in the air, it blasted a hole in the ceiling and flew off into the starry sky.

“So, your name is Satoshi, isn’t it? Thanks for saving us,” said Misty, who had come face to face with him.

“Satoshi” shrugged his shoulders and answered with a “Mm-hmn,” before turning around to leave. “Pikachu, what is she doing here?” Pikachu smiled slyly, he knew things were going to get interesting really soon.

“I told you that you wouldn’t believe who it was!”

*~end of chapter 1~*

And that's the end. Depending on schoolwork, I may or may not have Chapter 2 by Wednsday, if not, probably Friday or Saturday. Byyyyyeeee! :)

Last edited:

Genkiness

CHEESE!!!
that was really an awesome chapter, Artemis!
At first, I thought you would bring in Misty as the captured one, but it was Mewtwo! well, Misty ended up being a prisoner anyways.
ASH! WHEN WILL YOU TELL MISTY?!?!?!?!
good use of their japanese names too! (I was going to use that method later on in my fic as well. I might not though)
ash's voice in the wind was really good as well. loved how misty lived on that.
and.... WHAT THE HECK IS RUDY DOING HERE?!?!?!?! THERE BETTER NOT BE SOME LITTLE THING GOING ON BETWEEN HIM AND MISTY!!!!!!!! *has a stash of poking sticks ready*
can't wait for the next chapter!
(P.S. i hope you can update on wednesday, or at least friday, cuz i'll be gone for a week! well, if you can't then, oh well. i'll read it when i get back)

Tamashi

the demonslayer
wow, that was a really fast updated however, was a awesome chapter, ^^ I can't wait to see what will happen next.

shoujoai-fangirl

Our Lady of Sorrows
Fantastic work, Artemis Ignitan! :3 this chapter was awesome, still wondering what Rudy is doing around though. He better not be trying to take our Kasumi-chan away XD

anyhoo, keep up the good work ^_~

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Yes, Rudy is ebil, isn't he? He's not all too important...yet. DUN DUN DUN! XD I'll try my best to get it out by Wednsday, but for now, here's a tasty little spoiler...

Only Pikachu could see his emotional turmoil at the moment. To everyone else, he seemed to be like a robot, not responding to anything, just going through the motions. However, everybody could see him cringe as they got closer.

“You know, Satoshi, you kinda remind me of someone I used to know…” mentioned Misty.

“Oh…r-really?” stuttered “Satoshi”. Oh crap…

And that's all for now! BAAAAIIIIII! :)

WOW!!! THIS WAS AN AMAZING CHAPTER!

I like that Ash still has part of Ho-oH, right?

It was kind of sad that the day Misty decides to tell Ash that she loves him, he escapes somewhere. Why didnt he think of Misty? And where is Ho-oh now?

Why is Rudy with them? I hate that guy.

But still, your chapter was so good, i couldnt believe it, and the hidden secrets are nice!:D OOOOOHHHHH, NICE SPOILER

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
That was a wonderful chapter!!! ACK! I was like omg omgomg !!!! lol I need Misty to find out its Ash and...they need to kiss and... Fall in love again =]!!! Loved it! lol