• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Windswept Encounter (907)

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
I don't see how.

Noibat is Ash's worst treated egg Pokemon. And one of the worst of all of them. It's really only better than Togepi and maybe Happiny (though Happiny had super strength, basically a female BamBam).

Phanpy was used to battle and use moves in the same episode it hatched. Same with Scraggy.

Dawn's Cyndaquil was able to hold its own very well against Ash's Grotle in the very following episode to hatch.

It took until the Terminus cave ~20 episodes before it was even used to really battle, and took a couple episodes before it got any further more important battling focus.

On top of that this is Ash's Noibat, not Clemont's Noibat. Who is Ash, what is Ash, what is Ash's current goal? He can't be wasteful of his time in training his Pokemon.

The only reason Noibat will ever be as strong as Ash's other Pokemon due to the lack of training is if that spoiler we know is going to happen happens. That's the only way Noibat can catch up. Because the way its being treated its going to be worse than Scraggy in the league, and Scraggy was pretty weak in the Unova league only ever beating a simple Darumaka in a match that had little importance to the writers/producers.

So thank God for that spoiler.

Uh... you have this entirely backwards. Noibat is being treated BETTER than the others because it is actually having a development scale. The others didn't get to have one and that's BAD.

Could this end up with Noibat being weak at the end? Possibly, but at least it's development was decently handled, unlike the others that were just randomly solid/strong, despite being supposed to be at the weakest point a mon can be.

PokeMaster366

Can't we all just appreciate the awesome Acrobatics animation?

[IMG300]http://45.media.tumblr.com/41eaac85a3f82691948e4c6bcd7325bf/tumblr_o1cx0wd59P1r2iinvo1_400.gif[/IMG300]

I'll just be glad as long as it doesn't get the Outrage treatment. I can't wait to see how it gets animated in the League if it gets used on-screen.

Brellon is insanely aggressive! After so much time I get why is dangerous to step on tall grass without a Pokémon. My God.

I found the three Beedrill acting as a group of friends that help their companion to get laid kind of hilarious. I'm glad to know that in order to make a flying type learn Acrobatics in the anime you only need to give him a contusion, sweet!

Noibat seems to have a lot of potential, I just hope he leaves behind his childlike attitude after he evolves.

dman_dustin

Uh... you have this entirely backwards. Noibat is being treated BETTER than the others because it is actually having a development scale. The others didn't get to have one and that's BAD.

Could this end up with Noibat being weak at the end? Possibly, but at least it's development was decently handled, unlike the others that were just randomly solid/strong, despite being supposed to be at the weakest point a mon can be.

I don't know what you're talking about in regards to this "development scale" but no the fact is most of the other egg Pokemon GOT focal episodes a lot sooner.

After 8 episodes, Ash used Phanpy to battle against Pryce. Nine episodes after that there was a Cottonee/Floette episode but for Phanpy in the form of Cleffa. Phanpy's only problem was

Dawn was training Cyndaquil quite a bit that in her very next contest, well okay not her NEXT contest, not the one with Lyra and Khoury but in the next one after the Mamoswine fiasco contest, she used Cyndaquil.

And Scraggy sure it took Scraggy pretty long to learn a new move. But it had a lot of battle focus before it learned a new move. The other issue is that Ash had to juggle a lot of Pokemon.

You can't argue that NO focus for 20 episodes and a semi major role, and then a major role and likely a large gap of no focus, only for to became that spoiler that a lot of people know is going to happen to say that Noibat was treated well.

It's like Snorunt, only Snorunt wasn't an egg Pokemon and was on Ash's team for very few episodes before it changed.

Noibat is barely getting an edge over Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra, and that whole line was only apart of Ash's

Slow as hell development =/= good development

I'd rather have 5 consecutive training/focus episode relatively close together than 5 focal episodes spread out over 40 episodes. Especially in regards to a baby hatched Pokemon that needs real development as soon as possible.

It makes sense that an Ash who trains a Pokemon sooner gets stronger, than a Pokemon that takes a long time.

Look at Gligar, look at how long it took before Ash took training it seriously that the only time he did, it ultimately ended up becoming Gliscor.

I'm not sure why Noibat is getting a free pass.

I'll just be glad as long as it doesn't get the Outrage treatment. I can't wait to see how it gets animated in the League if it gets used on-screen.

Not sure what you mean here. Axew using outrage was bad*** if however you meant that Iris's Axew's Outrage was entire convenience, only to beat Luke's Golett, then I agree. Don't know why they even gave it outrage if it was never/barely going to use it again.

At least that's not the case with Hawlucha's X-scissor.

Last edited:
-Insightful Japanese connotation + analysis-

I can't truly say how much I appreciate that you do these every once in a while. Even with as much as I can gather with the animations and patterns of the show, supplemented by fansubs later, I really do enjoy reading these analyses thoroughly. I'm thankful.

On topic: My memory isn't so good, but I feel like I've been seeing Breloom more often than I previously remember in Pokemon, and it really is a viciously adept Pokemon at fighting; even as a wild Pokemon. It's to be expected of course, but I really want to see this Pokemon on a gym leader's team or in the league later in this series, if not just to see the unique animations and strategies that a trainer could pull off with it.
It is a monster..

Last edited:

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Where are all of these creepy stalker pokemon coming from? Its almost like someone at the pokemon company fell into a box of after school specials and must now teach us about strangers. I am surprised that Beedrills would be friends with a Breloom.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ah, this episode had mature themes:

1) Yandere stalkers willing to hurt baby fliers.
2) The baby's trainer just helplessly watching on JUST because the baby wanted a battle and not getting in the way. What is this, Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged? It's all fine when battles are involved?
3) Adults getting drunk on orange juice, meaning their bodies AREN'T used to drinking juice. And one of them dresses up as a unambiguous Pokemon that looks odd all the time.

And how convenient. Hawlucha was not called back to his ball.

Does Luxray only know Swift?

This was a decent and fun episode compared to the past few fillers.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Nooooibat! Noinoibat!

He's so adorable. :3

Would've made more sense in the TR battle if Breloom went to headbutt Inkay and Noibat used Acrobatics on Gourgeist but it's k.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Nooooibat! Noinoibat!

He's so adorable. :3

Would've made more sense in the TR battle if Breloom went to headbutt Inkay and Noibat used Acrobatics on Gourgeist but it's k.

Hey yeah... shouldn't headbutt NOT work on Ghourgeist?

This episode was cool. About time Hawlucha had some air time as Greninja has been hogging it all up. The battles were appropriate and plot solid.

3.5 stars out of 5

Vipsoccermaster

Pretty good episode. It seemed like a filler but it's not. Noibat learned a new move, that's all. Hawlucha wasn't called back to his Poké Ball because he went on ahead to find Noibat since Hawlucha was Noibat's guardian.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
More Hawlucha, please!

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Can we talk about how the dub has replaced Team Rocket's theme for some of their crappy music for the first time in 900 episodes?

Last edited:

Pokemonfan358

Can we talk about how the dub has replaced Team Rocket's theme for some of their crappy music for the first time in 900 episodes?

michlle said they propley wont have the rights to use the volcal version even if ed picked the voical version he would have to tell tpci to ask for permation to use it. i actully liked the new backgrond for team rocket. this was a good episode yesterday. if the used the version used sine the start of xy01 that would have been aquard becaue the japense version is using a new version of the motto.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
A perfect episode.
Noibat and Hawlucha have the best relationship out of all the cast mons, and no Talonflame outside of a few seconds good the bird takes up way too much screentime the other two flying types deserve.

And a random Breloom...... and the rejection at the end. haha Hawlucha's action afterward was awesome.
9.5/10

A shame it took so many episodes for Noibat to get ONE episode to itself while Eevee got a ton seconds after being caught though.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Clemont was right, Dragons and Fairies can't and shouldn't get along. Noibat is a traitor to all dragon-kind for befriending that accursed Fairy.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It's like Luxray shouldn't be friends with Bunnelby. I found his original comment kind of racist.

Nah, Luxray and Bunnelby are fine. Fairies are just evil creatures in general that were created for the sole purpose of destroying all dragons. (Also, Bunnelby isn't a Ground-Type yet)

Pikachu52

It's a decent filler episode. Nice that Noibat got some attention. He hasn't had a episode since his two introductory ones, and I don't think he's battled or even been out his Pokéball much other than in the Team Flare episodes. It's nice to see that he's matured a little and is no longer as timid as he was when he first hatched. He was even brave enough to take on the Breloom.

Surprised they chose to showcase Floette a second time, given that Pokémon already had a central role in the two Goodra episodes.

Clemont was right, Dragons and Fairies can't and shouldn't get along. Noibat is a traitor to all dragon-kind for befriending that accursed Fairy.

I don't see why. Oshawott and Snivy were friends despite being Water and Grass types respectively. Goodra developed an affection for Dedenne despite being scared of it as a Goomy and they were both dragon and fairy type respectively. Phanpy got along with Pikachu just fine. There's nothing wrong with Noibat being friends with a Florette.

Nah, Luxray and Bunnelby are fine. Fairies are just evil creatures in general that were created for the sole purpose of destroying all dragons. (Also, Bunnelby isn't a Ground-Type yet)

There's nothing in the franchise that suggests that fairy type Pokémon are evil. The only Fairy type in the anime that's appeared to do anything evil was Florges who took over Goomy's home, and it was only doing that because Team rocket was manipulating it. I don't see anything wrong with fairy types being immune to Dragon type attacks - Ground types are immune to electric attacks and ghost is immune to both fighting and normal. Before the fairy type was introduce the dragon type was slightly over power being only weak to itself and Ice. Consider grass is weak to flying, fire, ice and bug giving the dragon type an extra weakness isn't unreasonable. And type advantages doesn't rule out friendships.

It's a decent episode. 7/10

Last edited: