• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Windswept Encounter (907)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Pikachu52

Yes. The only cannon fairy type that's ever done anything evil is the Florgess from "defending the homeland" and "beyond the rainbow." And it was only doing it because of Team Rocket and to protect Floette. Consider the fairy type Pokédex entry all tend to suggest positive things about fairy types"

Sylvan for example:
Sylveon, the Intertwining Pokémon and an evolved form of Eevee. Sylveon affectionately wraps its ribbon-like feelers around its trainer's arms as they walk together

And Xernas - a legendary fairy type:
Legends say it can share eternal life. It slept for a thousand years in the form of a tree before its revival.
That Pokémon literally gave life to everything Yveltal had destroyed in the movie including Pikachu.

By contrast one could argue the Dragon type is the better candidate for an inherently evil species of Pokémon.

Salamance:
It's uncontrollable if enraged. It flies around spouting flames and scorching fields and mountains

And Hydreigon
It responds to movement by attacking. This scary, three-headed Pokémon devours everything in its path!

Of course that wouldn't be a fair assumption because there are good Dragon types like Dragonite and Latios and even in the anime, we've never seen a dragon type that was bad or did bad things solely because it was evil. In fact it's rare for the anime to have a Pokémon act evil for the sake of being evil. The only real example of that is Malamar.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yes. The only cannon fairy type that's ever done anything evil is the Florgess from "defending the homeland" and "beyond the rainbow." And it was only doing it because of Team Rocket and to protect Floette. Consider the fairy type Pokédex entry all tend to suggest positive things about fairy types"

Have you not realized by now that I'm not being serious? I simply enjoy calling Fairy-Types pure evil because I am incredibly bias towards the Dragon-Type, as it is my favorite type (hence my "Dragon Lord" title). They are an abomination to me personally because I am obsessed with Dragon-Types.

Last edited:

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Awww I love it when the underdog wins in the end and Noibat is too cute to dislike.

I'm glad we got an episode on Noibat and it was to show it's braver side. The Breloom was very funny and as they said it just couldn't take the hint but Floette got the last word in the end. It was great to see Noibat learn Acrobatics and I hope this is a sign of things to come with Noibat's growth.

A good episode, onto the next one!

JudySpell

Banned
I was never a Breloom fan but this episode changed my mind. I thought that Noibat's rivalry with it was too kawaii. 8/10

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Not much impressed me about the episode. Glad it was Noibat focused, its well deserving of an episode.

The whole Breloom having a crush on Floette was "uggggh", but the ending was a cute way to wrap it up.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
My favorite thing about this episode is that Hawlucha still looks after Noibat. Truthfully the only thing I regret about it is that I wish they would have let Breloom and Noibat finish their battle.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The only Fairy type in the anime that's appeared to do anything evil was Florges who took over Goomy's home, and it was only doing that because Team rocket was manipulating it.

Are you sure about that? Didn't Florges attack the swamp way before TR showed up there, back when Goomy fell off the Swanna onto Ash's head?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was glad when Onbat befriended the wild Flaette since I assumed it would lead to him developing. Even though that wasn't the case, his rivalry with Kinogassa was amusing. Kinogassa was highly unpleasant, however.

Ash's Noibat accidentally ended up angering a wild Breloom. That was awesome. Breloom's tone of voice really don't fit the many facial expressions it's made in this episode. And I still really love Hawlucha's personality. Personality wise, he is by far my favorite for any of the main XY cast's Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I now wonder why the Flaette from this episode was a normal one instead of being AZ's. I can imagine how much more intriguing this episode could've been if that had been the case.