• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A woman buys a DS and it caused her children to be crazy - Why children h8 Sharing.

Kipcha

Alright, think of it this way. 1 DS Lite + 5 kids = DISASTER! And parents need to realize that video games aren't baby sitters.

This had to be the stupidest thing I have ever read. :p

Besides, most of her kids are in the 'mine' stage. If I like it, it's mine. If I saw it, it's mine. If you like it, it's mine...

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
uhhh
50or more gams for a ds + 1 ds+ 5 children

uhhhh what? why would you buy like 10 games for the ds and have 1 ds for 5 of your children thats stupid what else do you think is going to happen? its not like they are going to politely wait in line and time there playing time
also parents please take this advise

HIT UR DAM KIDS!!

its the only way they will learn

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
Wow, common sense truly has gone the way of the dinosaur -_-' She brought one device for four kids and couldn't see this coming?

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
uhhh
50or more gams for a ds + 1 ds+ 5 children

uhhhh what? why would you buy like 10 games for the ds and have 1 ds for 5 of your children thats stupid what else do you think is going to happen? its not like they are going to politely wait in line and time there playing time
also parents please take this advise

HIT UR DAM KIDS!!

its the only way they will learn

First of all, there were 4 kids. Second, child abuse isn't a rational solution.

Katharina27

Eeveelution Breeder
... Very simple solution, with the 25 games she had bought for the system, she could have bought two or, she could have bought a bigger console with, get this, four controllers and they can play a game together. She could also regulate the time they play games every day so nobody gets crabby! (It worked when my two brothers and I were little. Even with a game system we spent a good portion of our time outside. As a result, we are not like most of America. It's amazing what playing outside will do for your kids!)

My favorite line?
"What is constructive about washing a virtual dog?"
I just love the irony, especially when it explains it in the article... hm, I dunno, here?

"And another piece from child expert Dr Tanya Byron, of all people, which, as far as I recall, actually suggested that regular use of interactive toys such as the DS helped your children to be caring and creative."

There aught to be a test before parenthood. Some people simply should never have had them.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
The mother should have had a deathmatch between the four kids, and the winner gets the game. Nintendo should have no love for the weak.

Wow. Best post ever. I may just have to sig that.

And yeah, like everyone's already said, she herself is to blame. Don't blame a game console for your shitty parenting. If you're too dumb to realize that four young kids can't share one handheld, and then even after that can't figure out how to resolve it, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Dumb broad.

Katharina27

Eeveelution Breeder
My parents didn't beat me and I turned out just fine. I have goals, I have a future, and unlike the vast majority of people on the internet, I also have the capacity to spell. About the only thing I've kept which you, may or may not approve of is my ability to see past the bull and shoot for what is important in life. Why do I say you might not approve? With that comes a very developed and sarcastic sense of humor which would be my demise in any third world country or the military. Most of them don't tend to appreciate a lady with the tongue of your average cobra. ^_^

Dattebayo

Banned
Well duh, it's because she only bought 1 DS and she only has 4 kids. She should've bought 3 more to keep them company. I hate it when people blames Nintendo on pointless events.

HyenaHaze

Serial Experiment
Imma blame nintendo for not having the money for a Wii.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Wow, control your kids lady. Nintendo isn't evil, they just make awesome games. Are these game too "awesome" for you or something?

qwerty0805

Ownage Trainer
You know whats not ironic? Even if she sees this and reads all the posts she won't beleive you because this whole site is about a nintendo franchise.

Seriusly tho 1 "nintendo"+4 kids+=gimme it *punch* x( X( X( ""i got the ds!"=)

Cobalt_Latios

... Very simple solution, with the 25 games she had bought for the system, she could have bought two or, she could have bought a bigger console with, get this, four controllers and they can play a game together.
I would have said to this: "she could have gone to EB Games and traded some of these games for another DS or so". I would have, except for the fact that this person wouldn't even know what EB Games is, let alone knows any parenting.

Yes, I do believe that mothers underestimate their own children. What do you expect? Obviously, this mother is expecting way more than she got. A DS is a rather sophisticated piece of equipement. Well, not really, but you actually got to know what it is if you really want to use it.

To be honest though, I do sort of blame Nintendo on this, mainly due to their casualness. I think the fact that they're letting casual gamers into this is a great thing, but at the same time, people who have no brains (or in this case common sense) are not prepared to buy things like this and expect it to work out all right. It's like the times when I go to a gaming store or Wal-Mart; whenever I see people talking about the DS or the Wii, either they don't know what they're really looking for, or the clerks are very misinformed.

Sometimes I actually just want to flat out tell them what they should get. Yes, it's not my place and I really shouldn't be getting involved. But, if it can lead to "sensible" purchases (or prevent idiotic ones at that), then hey I did a good service.

...Okay, I think I may have took a few too many wrong turns here.

Still, I really don't think it is wise to make assumptions. ASSUME = makes an ***** out of U (you) and ME. I remember hearing about this expression, and everytime I "assume", it really doesn't wind up being good.

~C_L~

Lord_Salamence

Puh-lease.
A game destroys family.
Hah.
Parents destroy family.
Idiots destroy family.
Bush destroy family.
In Soviet Russia family destroy you.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
No, in Soviet Russia half the family starves to death.

Strants

Marriage causes fighting, as does childbirth and children. The American family is ruining the American family!

Seriously, she had 1 game system for FOUR kids!!! She might as well have tried this stunt with one bed and four kids, and said beds make evil children.