• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Zero With No End! Till the Day We Meet Again!! (943)

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Would anyone be able to recognize which episodes correlate to the Serena scenes in Ash's flashback (especially the XY ones)? I think there was the scene where she freaks out Clemont, the scene where she talks to Bonnie and forms a weird face right after, Clemont's robot attacking Serena and Fenniken, and the fishing episode? I've watched a good chunk of XYZ so I know her scenes from it, and I could recognize Clemont's scenes, so I'd appreciate the help.

The one she freaks out Clemont in is the Espurr episode, XY14
The one where the robot attacks Serena is from the Pokevision episode, XY21
The fishing episode is the episode right after, XY22

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
weird that serena arrived at an airport that looks exactly like kansai international, even though she's technically supposed to be in hoenn which is based on kyushu.....

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
weird that serena arrived at an airport that looks exactly like kansai international, even though she's technically supposed to be in hoenn which is based on kyushu.....

And technically is in a region based off of France that happens to have ninja clans. Talk about confused cultures.

TheScentedApple

So-o-o-o, she really did go to Johto? NOOOO, writers how could you! This was probably another hint that they put in this episode, it seems like this episode has been in the works for a while then if they put so much effort into it.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So-o-o-o, she really did go to Johto? NOOOO, writers how could you! This was probably another hint that they put in this episode, it seems like this episode has been in the works for a while then if they put so much effort into it.

Um...no, she went to Hoenn, not Johto. And she went there to participate in Pokémon Contests.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It would be funny if she decides to change goals again because it would be too hard. If Dawn and May had it rough, I don't image her going up against opponents that are going to be like Drew and Zoey.

Honestly she's doing contests to further her goal as trying to become the Kalos Queen. Her goal hasn't changed at all.

Poor girl isn't going to survive the battle portions.

Imagine if we got a third special with Serena and it involved her failing in a contest but then a character like Lisia or Wallace saying she has potential and then they teach her to become a good contest star.

I wish we had this. I wanted to see Lisia and I've missed Wallace.

EeveelutionTrainer

Honestly she's doing contests to further her goal as trying to become the Kalos Queen. Her goal hasn't changed at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought her main goal was to make people smile through performances (as in performances in general, including contests, not only the Kalos performances). So after performing in Lumiose in XYZ045 she decided to do something similar in other regions as well. She's only doing contests because they are a way for her to perform and make people smile. The Kalos Queen goal was simply a means to make people smile and happy, and while she may return to working for it at one point, it's not her main goal.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

So she could basically have took anything from being a trainer to a pokemon ranger and it wouldn't make any difference. She doesn't have to be a coordinator to be able to be Kalos queen. It sounds like they just wanted her to do something else cause performances were restricting her to travel.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Any idea when this dub airs? I'm ready to end XYZ now, awaiting SM!!!!!

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
LOL you guys were wrong as usual about Ash being "Serena's goal". She just wants to become like him as a person, not as in becoming his "waifu" or whatever crap like that

It was more 'you're damn well gonna like me when I return'

If I'm honest, I skipped large parts of the episode. Kiss scene was *shock* actually included and done nicely with *shock horror* appropriate music! It was a good wrap up episode overall. VAing was a little off though. I'm not sure how I felt about the music montage at the end, but considering the theme songs in English are shorter than the ones in Japanese, I can let it slide.

Heekful

LOL you guys were wrong as usual about Ash being "Serena's goal". She just wants to become like him as a person, not as in becoming his "waifu" or whatever crap like that

Even if I'm agree with you that her first and real dream is to become Kalos queen, I still think the Japanese version is still more accurate than the dub when it comes to interpretations because Japanese version is the VO so it is the more important one and the more accurate.
I don't want her to have a crap dream like that (or at least just make Kalos queen the "priority" dream) but if the Japanese version said this... it mean the reality.