• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Zero With No End! Till the Day We Meet Again!! (943)

snorlax512

Even if I'm agree with you that her first and real dream is to become Kalos queen, I still think the Japanese version is still more accurate than the dub when it comes to interpretations because Japanese version is the VO so it is the more important one and the more accurate.
I don't want her to have a crap dream like that (or at least just make Kalos queen the "priority" dream) if the Japanese version said this... it mean the reality.
Directly translating different languages doesn't always work, hence the Japanese subs gave off the impression that Serena was kind of desperate. The dub confirms that what is meant by "you're my goal" is that Serena strives to become a person like Ash instead of become Ash's "waifu".

DeepSeaDragon

Wow that was actually a lame translation. I already assumed they would tweek it to make her seem more independent, but that drained the moment of emotion, despite the kiss. It was a fine episode, though. I hope we see all of them again, mainly Serena. Being the traveling companion who has known Ash the longest and his first genuine kiss would be pointless if that was the last time we ever see her. (And I mean an actual appearance, not a one-off special.)

7.5/10

DS0308

<--- Actually me
That last scene with Serena was pretty much how I interpreted the Japanese version anyway, wanting to improve herself to be more like Ash and to meet him again sometime as a better person. Unfortunately the literal translation from Japanese kind of clouded this a little with the specific words used.

The Ash recap seemed to use slightly extended instrumentals of the first two XY openings didn't it? Was pretty respectable IMO, obviously they couldn't use Volt.

Was a good episode dubbed, we move onto SM now. The first two episodes of that were quite solid in the dub so I hope the rest follow suit.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Dat Dub Edits. lol

This episode is so good.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Okay I have to be honest. The music in this episode is pretty good. Mainly whenever they don't use the standard elevator music. The piano track they used during the Bonnie speech was pretty good. Some of the handling itself is pretty off though, switching it off too soon at parts such as after Ash and Alain shaking hands, then going straight to some funny music for the double Chespin farewell.

Music at the kiss scene is pretty well done, and keeping the Ash vs. Clemont music and the first flashback music was good too.

But whoever decided to put the first and second XY theme songs in the final montage. Make them the music handler. Thank you. I know it is essentially equivalent to Volt but since they typically stray from what the Japanese version does, it was pretty surprising that they did that. Now I'm not saying that the dub should be copying the sub (but it shouldn't be doing worse so maybe copying is the best and easiest way?) but playing the theme song here was the best option for both version. Personally, I would have liked the lyrics in there too, and it would have been better for the whole 1st Pokemon Theme to be playing the whole time, but the latter is obviously affected by Volt's length so I will have to let that pass. And the nice slowed-down version of the typical travelling theme was a nice touch during the "And to our own way", and I normally don't like that theme. I actually think the dub did that final scene better than the original.

Overall, good dub handling for the music.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Speaker: Final boarding call for Dragonite airlines flight K91 to Kanto is now boarding at Gate 12.

"Hey, looks like your flight is the next one!"

Speaker: Latias airlines flight H71 to the Hoenn region will soon be boarding

OK, let's see Serena off first!

(TR runs for K91, Dedenne runs off and is found)

Let's still see Serena off!

(Serena's plane leaves before the final boarding of K91)

Now Clemont, despite pointing out Ash's flight was the next one, wants a battle!

Yes, I love it.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
My favorite parts were:

Team Rockets photoshop (edit) of them defeating Team flare
Hearing about Alains plans for the future and how he is going to start from the ground up.
Serena and the escalator, just because.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
Well that draws the curtain on an excellent series but to the episode at hand.

I'm not afraid to admit that I teared up during this episode and it all started when Bonnie realised what was happening. It then progressed to the airport and everyone saying goodbye except Dedenne and I was the same as I don't want this great series to end and I must add the music was on point here. Thankfully, the episode became a lot less emotional but the writers surprised us with a kiss (or was it hehe) and I think that shows just what one of the aims of the series was. Actually, the didn't like the battle between Ash and Clemont but I think it was overshadowed by other parts of the episode but the homage to first episode is always nice.

Also, Lunatone and Solrock keyrings, very clever,

Excellent episode and excellent series, onto Sun and Moon.

I haven't made my mind up if this was the greatest series ever but I think it has to be in the top 2 or 3 at least.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Giovanni is perhaps the biggest idiot of the team leaders if he can't blatantly tell apart what his cronies do and can be easily fooled into giving them paid vacations across the world.

Since when did Dedenne care that much about the group? He was always kind of there in every episode, and it became pretty obvious that Bonnie didn't put much attention on him when Z-1 was around.

All those handshakes between Pokemon that didn't interact that much with each other.

Bonnie, please. You will never become the Nando of Kalos. You were grasping at straws there.

Silence is when humor does well in this show, so I liked how absolutely stunned Bonnie and Clemont were when Serena leaned to Ash to do what Japanese children are not allowed to see (even though it's from the same culture that considers nakedness as being a pure thing). Ash's utter lack of expressive expression didn't sell me at all, though. Not even a blush? He's stone cold.

*loads Water Gun and shoots XYZ dead*

Phew! A strange season behind. Time for Disney XD to take the series away from CN and increase the volume of background music because children are deaf.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Giovanni is perhaps the biggest idiot of the team leaders if he can't blatantly tell apart what his cronies do and can be easily fooled into giving them paid vacations across the world.

To be honest, he has thousands of goons. Hearing a message that an opposing team was defeated from his henchmen far away is good news, regardless of what the real story is. As long as Team Flare is gone and Team Rocket didn't get caught, it's good for his business.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Man, do I miss the VA's of Delia and Oak.

I for one won't miss the series even though many herald it to be the greatest saga ever, for me it was on par with the Frontier and Sinnoh anime, both of which I don't even go back to watch anymore. Too many reasons why but won't go into it again. Don't want to upset the XYZ fans.

On to Sun and Moon

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
And so it comes to an end. The episode was alright for the most part. A pretty standard goodbye episode. Though, I did really like the memory reel played at the end as well as seeing what everyone was up to. It was a very heartwarming couple of minute. Serena kissing Ash certainly surprised me. With it, that whole subplot amounted to a whole lot more than I ever thought it would.

As for my thoughts on the series as a whole, I'm somewhat torn. I loved XYZ, and found it to be pretty much the height of the anime, at least on par with Sinnoh. However, as a whole, X and Y was the opposite. While it was an improvement coming off of Unova, it just wasn't done well until the final season. So on average, I would maybe place the series somewhere in the middle of the road.

I have yet to watch any episodes of Sun and Moon, so I'm still afraid of what this new style will bring, but I'm ready to find out.

Vipsoccermaster

Finally comes to an end of the XYZ series, will miss this series a bit. Great series. The episode is sad, but decent. Maybe we'll see them again, but I wouldn't count on it. Time to switch over to Disney XD, aside from the two specials, if we are getting them.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
I've always thought Ed Goldfarb was the composer this entire saga deserved (and is one of many reasons I prefer this show dubbed), and no episode justified that thought better than this one. And on top of that, it was written and acted great, too. The XY saga started strong, got stronger and stronger, and then had a magnificent ending.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Poor Bonnie, I have been there having to say bye to friends, same with Serena and Clemont, but hey they gotta go on a new journey. The goodbyes were sweet and kinda teary, they all had each to be sad about. It felt more sad then when May or Dawn left for some reason, not sure why maybe it's the music.
Aliain's mega evolution stone is explained as well, evidence made sense. In a modern world you couldn't do that Dedenne, you probably have the TSA agents after you, then again it would be forced into a pokeball.
So Bonnie will do both gyms and contests? That would be interesting, especially if she reunites with Squishy. I am glad for a change no one was surprised about another character crying, I noted some of them act as if it's shocking someone would cry when they are saying goodbye to someone they won't see for a while.
Really? They made Serena kiss Ash offscreen? (Obvious she did with the way Clemont and Bonnie were reacting), like I don't understand this, does the people who do the sub think children are so fragile that the idea of two people kissing, something they would likely see a lot, would shock them into little heart attacks?. It was really sweet though, it's a shame Ash didn't beg her to come with her, or go to Hoenn with her. I think that's the only time Ash actually understood a girl liked him!
Team Rocket taking the credit, but wouldn't Giovanni have seen the real video already? You think it would have been anywhere.
Clemont VS Ash, it's happened three times, so I dunno if it was really needed, but oh well not bad. The montage was really cool though, I don't think they did that with the others who weren't Misty or Brock.

Overall I think the XYZ series was good, there were flaws of course but what show doesn't, don't get why I have heard some people complain about (Aside from the League -.-), but I liked the series. It's going to take me some time to get used to Ash in S&M as I don't like how drastically they changed his animation, Jessie looks kinda weird as well, but I am probably going to get used to it once I watch that series more. I am the one who likes the way Ash and the others looked this series, the animation was nice most of the time.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Poor Bonnie, I have been there having to say bye to friends, same with Serena and Clemont, but hey they gotta go on a new journey. The goodbyes were sweet and kinda teary, they all had each to be sad about. It felt more sad then when May or Dawn left for some reason, not sure why maybe it's the music.
Aliain's mega evolution stone is explained as well, evidence made sense. In a modern world you couldn't do that Dedenne, you probably have the TSA agents after you, then again it would be forced into a pokeball.
So Bonnie will do both gyms and contests? That would be interesting, especially if she reunites with Squishy. I am glad for a change no one was surprised about another character crying, I noted some of them act as if it's shocking someone would cry when they are saying goodbye to someone they won't see for a while.
Really? They made Serena kiss Ash offscreen? (Obvious she did with the way Clemont and Bonnie were reacting), like I don't understand this, does the people who do the sub think children are so fragile that the idea of two people kissing, something they would likely see a lot, would shock them into little heart attacks?. It was really sweet though, it's a shame Ash didn't beg her to come with her, or go to Hoenn with her. I think that's the only time Ash actually understood a girl liked him!
Team Rocket taking the credit, but wouldn't Giovanni have seen the real video already? You think it would have been anywhere.
Clemont VS Ash, it's happened three times, so I dunno if it was really needed, but oh well not bad. The montage was really cool though, I don't think they did that with the others who weren't Misty or Brock.

Overall I think the XYZ series was good, there were flaws of course but what show doesn't, don't get why I have heard some people complain about (Aside from the League -.-), but I liked the series. It's going to take me some time to get used to Ash in S&M as I don't like how drastically they changed his animation, Jessie looks kinda weird as well, but I am probably going to get used to it once I watch that series more. I am the one who likes the way Ash and the others looked this series, the animation was nice most of the time.

Actually, I believe the writers said they weren't allowed to show it onscreen so that was there way of getting around the TV laws.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Actually, I believe the writers said they weren't allowed to show it onscreen so that was there way of getting around the TV laws.

Really? Guess I need to brush up on that, seems so silly though like the TV laws think children are gonna be so scared or something. Well the dub anyways, never seen the raw version and it sounds like it gets away with more stuff (It is Japan after all, they know their children don't care if someone kisses,)