• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Zero With No End! Till the Day We Meet Again!! (943)

RafaSceptile

In fact, here is a list of impossibilities all companions can't do better in offscreenland:

Misty - Keep her Psyduck from coming out.
Brock - Getting a girlfriend he's happy with.
May - Become a top coordinator.
Max - Will never be a 10-year old, thus never letting him become a trainer proper.
Dawn - Become a top coordinator.
Iris - Actually have a full team of Dragon-types.
Cilan - S-rank connoisseurs are a myth long forgotten.
Serena - Become Kalos Queen because **** not having an established fanbase. Win a battle without Ash around.
Clemont - ?
Bonnie - ?
Mallow - Actually bothering to train her Pokemon.
Lana - Catch a Kyogre.
Kiawe - (Dude actually got his wish because no one else bothers with it anyway.)
Sophocles - Same as Max.
Lillie - Win a battle without her friends.
Goh: Not be a thief and a psychopath /s Catch a Mew

Not really, especially when contests were developmented during twice the number of episodes that Showcases, and during 3 different regions
I mean the difficulty. It took May little time to sweep most contests and Serena has already shown that she can have battles, like when she caught Pancham, vs Gallade, vs Team Rocket And also she participated in the Kalos incident, her Pancham look like the protagonist of circus charlie XD Because he's elusive, so it wouldn't have much trouble dodging attacks.

Braixen knows how to jump very well and has Fire Blast, Serena would get used to it fast

RafaSceptile

I mean the difficulty. It took May little time to sweep most contests and Serena has already shown that she can have battles, like when she caught Pancham, vs Gallade, vs Team Rocket And also she participated in the Kalos incident, her Pancham look like the protagonist of circus charlie XD Because he's elusive, so it wouldn't have much trouble dodging attacks.

Braixen knows how to jump very well and has Fire Blast, Serena would get used to it fast
Contests are apparently not that difficult but you still need to be decently competent on Battles

I do think Serena would do decently in contests now, Braixen can definitely battle if pushed toward it, this isn't early XY Serena anymore.
Exactly, XYZ Serena at the end of the series, should, at the very least, have the same battle knowledge as May at the beginning of AG, Not to mention that from my point of view I am greatly underestimating Serena with that comparison. I think Serena would try very hard, but eventually she would qualify for the Grand Festival.

Well Skitty vs Jynx was fine

RafaSceptile

If you're referring to Skitty using Assist, the second contest battle with Jynx was well done. Assist takes a move from a pokemon on your party, and she knew using it over and over would eventually get Combusken's fire spin which was super affective against an ice type like Jynx. The first one against dusclops was pretty bad though.

I do think Serena would do decently in contests now, Braixen can definitely battle if pushed toward it, this isn't early XY Serena anymore.
Both early and late XY Serena weren't good in battles.

Leaguefan

Exactly, XYZ Serena at the end of the series, should, at the very least, have the same battle knowledge as May at the beginning of AG, Not to mention that from my point of view I am greatly underestimating Serena with that comparison. I think Serena would try very hard, but eventually she would qualify for the Grand Festival.

Well Skitty vs Jynx was fine
XYZ46 Serena would definitely perform better than AG001 May in a contest, not to mention that Serena would do excellent in the first round, maybe she would lose the first contest, Or even more but the Hoenn contests are pretty easy

RafaSceptile

Late XY Serena was probably where May was around 30ish eps in AG. All May had was a Torchic that couldn't battle and a barely starting Beautifly. Braixen already shown it's pretty decent in battling despite the lack of experience. Pancham/Sylveon can be trained too.

You know it's almost like people forget characters can change. I see people still say May hates pokemon too for that matter, even though she got over that at the end of her first episode...lol
The difference is that May progressed in battling during 30 episodes, meanwhile Serena during 140

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Serena could have like the best battling team ever, if it wasn't for the fact she likes calling her own battles off, that is.
I would take that over not battling at all =]