• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Zero With No End! Till the Day We Meet Again!! (943)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
This episode gave me a reminder of how potentially great the XY series was. I considered it to be the best series ever. Ash's maturity and competence was at its peak in this series, the writers could've had him win the League and the subsequent Champions League, had him settle down with Serena and end Ash's story on a high. But all hopes were crushed in the end! Now I will have to deal with a goofy, naive-looking Ash in the SM series which looks like a slapstick comedy. But I still have to watch it. After watching Pokemon Anime for 16 years, it's really difficult to quit.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
The kiss 100℅ happened. Please don't deny the obvious. The sparkling background during the moment suggested something very romantic, like a kiss.
I live by the "pics or it didn't happen" mentality. If the kiss wasn't shown on screen, then it didn't happen. If you have a problem with that, TOUGH, my stance isn't changing

Supersonicbro

I live by the "pics or it didn't happen" mentality. If the kiss wasn't shown on screen, then it didn't happen. If you have a problem with that, TOUGH, my stance isn't changing

How about this, if it wasn't a kiss, why wouldn't they show it on screen? Literally the only reason why they couldn't show it was because it was a kiss.

Also why else did they put focus on ashs lips after that shot?

I do feel like you're being contrary just for the sake of it though but hey i do wonder what you'll say.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
How about this, if it wasn't a kiss, why wouldn't they show it on screen? Literally the only reason why they couldn't show it was because it was a kiss.

I do feel like you're being contrary just for the sake of it though but hey i do wonder what you'll say.

I didn't see much focus on his lips. His eyes sure, but his lips didn't change much maybe she kissed his eyes.

Xuxuba

Besides, Bonnie, Clemont and Pikachu's reactions pretty much gave away that it was indeed a kiss.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Well, my brain is dead. After missing the episode due to sleeping in (college...), I woke up and went on this thread to see what had happened. And honestly, I thought everyone was punking me at first by saying Serena actually kissed Ash.

Pfft, yeah right. Like that would ever- *sees images* O_O Uh... wow. Never did I imagine that the writers would make such a bold move. Even if the kiss itself wasn't shown, it definitely was a kiss, on the cheek or lips aside. Loved everyone's reactions afterwards. Pikachu and Bonnie's faces cracked me up.

Though Amourshipping isn't my main Ash ship, it still is my main CANON Ash ship. And let me tell you, Pokémon doesn't do stuff like this. XYZ broke a lot of patterns, and this is the biggest one to date. Like holy crap! They actually let a huge ship have an astonishing moment. More importantly, I wonder how Ash is gonna react when he sees Serena again. I would say that he'd just shrug it of as usual, since the kiss didn't seem to affect him too much, but his glossy eyes afterwards tell me otherwise. When he starts remembering that moment in Sun & Moon, I can imagine Mallow or Lillie ask him what he's thinking about, and he's like: "N-Nothing!"

Regardless, good way to end the series. But there are a couple of questions I have.

One, what was Alain's reason for giving up the Mega Ring and the Charizardite? He did say it in this episode, I just wanna know WHAT he said.

Two, did anybody notice regular Greninja with the huge Water Shuriken? Is he somehow tapping into his latent power? Oh well, we might never know.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

I agree with you. He's in denial of the obvious. The kiss 100% happened. A small consolation prize after Amourshipping ultimately didn't work out, though

DatsRight

Wow they actually did it. Nice to have some pay off then. Only shame is that I find it likely Serena won't be appearing with Ash any time soon because they won't know how to continue off of it (unless they pull off something very cruel like with Meiling in Cardcaptor Sakura where she finds out he's in love with someone else).

Not a bad finale, after the previous episode I was worried but it was fairly decent and emotional. The Dedenne scene was a bit forced as expected, but it kind of worked due to him being oblivious until the very departure.

So TR avoid their usual curb stomp finale (for three straight episodes in fact) and just head straight home with their new ace scheme to get in Giovanni's graces (hilarious video too, about the one bit I can't wait to hear in the dub). I admit I watched a zoomed in video of the episode first, so I was worried that was Inkay and Gourgeist's balls Wobbuffet had dropped at the airport. That would have just been a heartless way to send them off.

The montage was nice (maybe would have been better with just the music though). Nice nearly every important character got noticed.

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
My intital reaction: Overall good episode. I liked all the flashbacks in the end and moments from each main character and the rivals. Some of my favorite moments were in the montage which was great. Battle was cut short between Ash and Clemont, but who cares lol, the ending was satisfactory enough for me personally. Then we had Serena kiss Ash!? Holy ****! Wasn't expecting that. And the scene I wanted, well kinda, of her her arriving in Hoenn. Dedenne well...ehh, but Bonnie's speech made the moment there, but seeing all the Pokemon saying goodbye was real sad actually, gave me some feels. Seeing Goodra and Greninja with Z1 and Z2 was ok. Music and animation were good. The Ash arriving back at his home.

I'd like to know what Alain was saying also about his mega ring n such.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
- Alain promises Ash to battle again. Why am I surprised?
- Good, the Dedenne runaway scene didn't last for that long.
- Why they didn't show the kiss onscreen is beyond me, but whatever. I guess they want to leave it ambiguous to keep the story flexible later on.
- Unfinished battle is unfinished.
- Gave me chills during Volt.
- As expected, the episode ends with Ash returning to Pallet. XY is the new DP

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator

I do feel like you're being contrary just for the sake of it though but hey I do wonder what you'll say.
I'm not denying it happened (because it seemingly happened), it's the "pic or it didn't happen" part of me that believes it didn't happen because it wasn't shown on screen.
(Besides it's not like he'll remember it anyway)

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Oh, Ash and Serena kissed. Can't say I'm not surprised, I kind of predicted they'd just end on a note like that.

BTW, I love how everyone is forgiving anything they didn't like about this series solely because of the kiss, lol.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
BTW, I love how everyone is forgiving anything they didn't like about this series solely because of the kiss, lol.

There were some people that watched XY(&Z) just for Amourshipping so yeah.

It's more or less bittersweet at this point IMO, especially if she makes no more appearances.

Can we talk about how pretty Kanto looks with XYZ's animation?

It looked nice. I liked the fact there was no music during night Kalos, just crickets chirping. Just wish we had more of it in the finale.