• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Zero With No End! Till the Day We Meet Again!! (943)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
For the people whining about the flashbacks, those largely played into the time that would normally be spent on the ending-theme, which was absent. NO TIME WAS LOST.

Lmfao, well even though it still ended up one-sided and never get to see Ash's proper reaction, at least they had her "confess". Topu Koku.

Or how we say at the end of it all.. Tapu FINI.. xD

Xuxuba

Greninja used the Ash-Greninja Shuriken. Okay? It's not like he carries it around on his back, so he pulls it out of nowhere, like his powered shurikens during the League?

I'm confused. Didn't he just use water shuriken? It didn't look like the "Ash-Greninja Shuriken" to me, it just looked like the normal one.
I'm pretty sure it's not an actual shuriken that he has to carry. Greninja is able to create water that takes the form of a shuriken, he can create water whenever he wants like any water pokemon.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
For the people whining about the flashbacks, those largely played into the time that would normally be spent on the ending-theme, which was absent. NO TIME WAS LOST.
To be fair, I didn't gauge how long the flashback was (I'll have to wait till the episode is uploaded to double check).

I just wanna say, how old is Ash in XYZ at least, it was definetly a kiss on the lips cause of the way Ash's eyes glazed, over the reaction of Bonnie, Clemont, and Pikachu, how Serena stood straight instead of like turning her head or something. So it was definetly a kiss on the lips.

It begs the question, is Ash really 10 in XYZ?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I just wanna say, how old is Ash in XYZ at least, it was definetly a kiss on the lips cause of the way Ash's eyes glazed, over the reaction of Bonnie, Clemont, and Pikachu, how Serena stood straight instead of like turning her head or something. So it was definetly a kiss on the lips.

Ash is always ten.

I think the most they have ever referenced Ash aging is spending a year travelling with Pikachu back in the OS dub but that was retconned with BW

This was a nice send off. They could have shown the kiss though instead of leaving room for ambiguity -.- i wasn't a big fan of this half assed done deal, but better than nothing

With how Sun and Moon looks, they should have just made Ash become the champion and end his story here. In Sun and Moon his character sounds and looks nothing like the current Ash, he looks more like a dumber version of his former self when he started in Kanto without all the character progression and development he has had until now, that's pretty dumb, and the art style is such a big departure from how it is now that is very hard to accept it as a proper continuation, it just feels like something radically new instead of a slow natural progression towards that art style like they did for all the past series where they have changed art style but progrssevly and not drasticly, but whatever i'm not planing on following the series so...

After so many years, I'm finally done, XYZ will be my final series of Pokémon anime, at least while they have Ash as the protagonist(the eternal 10 year old loser). I'll just pretend he won the league in Kalos and after this episode he went off to train to face the elite 4 and then became the champion and Serena came back after awhile and they lived happily ever after, with Ash as the champion and Serena persuing the Kalos Queen title and eventually getting it. Then their son/daugher can go on his/her own adventures and the cycle goes on.

I wonder what the hell that "And to own own Way" at the end of the episode meant, was that supposed to be some kind of secret message? Why use english? Seemed pretty random that phrase and in a font that resembled the Disney font. Weird, maybe i'm missing something. Anyway, it was a good episode, it was nice to see as well that they somewhat fixed the plothole of Greninja being able to mantain the Ash Greninja form without Ash, although that begs to question how the hell is Greninja being able to spot those special vines now, i was under the impression that it was the special form that granted him the power to do so, but i guess not.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Ash is always ten.

I think the most they have ever referenced Ash aging is spending a year travelling with Pikachu back in the OS dub but that was retconned with BW
I remember they retconned that because in the original version he remarked that they've been travelling for awhile.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
LOL! I love how besides Shauna, Serena's rivals get nothing. No Miette, no Nene, no Aria. Just goes to show what they thought about them and Serena's goal in general.

From what I've seen looks like a solid goodbye episode. The Pokemon's goodbyes were touching to me. Sylveon, Pancham, Bunnelby, and Chespin all had such great dynamics. I'm going to miss Clemont and Bonnie so much. Goodbye you totally awesome characters. Clemont, you almost changed the game for male sidekicks. But in the end you didn't. And I have to say I still stand to say Serena had the best entrance of any female lead before her. And now she has the best exiting entrance of any female lead. Amourshipping was one-sided to the end, but at least she did something with it. Good for Serena, give Ash your cooties.

As a whole I still wasn't impressed with XYZ, but it had it's moments of doing good stuff. This was one of them. I'm glad it ends on a note like this. Farewell Clemont, Serena, and Bonnie. May you become more popular among the fanbase with time.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Hopefully. I would hate for her to just abandon everything she's done just for Ash.

Well if she was just abandoning everything for Ash she would have gone with him instead of going to Hoenn to better her skills. I think saying that Ash was her goal was just her way of confessing since she knows that Ash atleast understands the concept of a goal.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Sweet mother of Xerneas, Serena kissed Ash! SERENA KISSED ASH! :eek: Never in the name of Arceus did I think I would see the day when a girl would kiss Ash in the series proper. Whether it was a kiss on the cheek or on the lips, it doesn't matter. It was still a kiss. My inner Amourshipper is having a party right now. Episode writers, you did well. Ash just looked so stunned at first. Oh, Ash, m'boy, you totally enjoyed that. Just admit it.

I nearly bust a gut laughing at everyone else's reactions. I don't think I have ever seen Clemont turn so red in the face. Pikachu, what was with the twisted ears? And did I see Bonnie fist-pump and wink at Serena?

I got my wish! THE EPISODE ENDED IN PALLET TOWN! Sure, it didn't include Delia welcoming Ash home, but still, XY ended where Ash's journey back and tied in wonderfully to the "start from zero" theme. I am so pleased right now. :D

Frozocrone said:
It looked nice. I liked the fact there was no music during night Kalos, just crickets chirping. Just wish we had more of it in the finale.

I really liked that, too; I think it really added to the overall mood of the scene.

Overall, I really liked this episode. I was worried that Dedenne's running away would seemingly come out of nowhere, but it didn't. In fact, it felt more like Dedenne was reacting to Bonnie's sadness. The poor girl put on a brave face and tried to hide her sadness from the others, but Dedenne noticed, and it was too much for him. And in the end, it was Bonnie who encouraged Dedenne to give everyone proper farewells. IMHO, it was done well enough that I can almost forgive the fact that I still think it should have been Bonnie who ran away and not Dedenne.

Soleli

As everyone is freaking out about SerenaXAsh i am just here eating my popcorn. Despite all the good and bad this was definitely a fun ride and one of the best Pokemon Seasons.

So is Amour canon or not? Does Serena kissing Ash and Ash liking it make it canon? I don't know, but I do no that Amour is by far the closest ship to being canon.

Hopefully, she joins Ash in Alola for a long cameo

Janovy

Banned
So is Amour canon or not? Does Serena kissing Ash and Ash liking it make it canon?
It's canon from Serena's side. Ash would have to kiss Serena back for it to be an actual canon relationship, but since he doesn't care about that stuff, it will likely never go full canon.

It's canon from Serena's side. Ash would have to kiss Serena back for it to be an actual canon relationship, but since he doesn't care about that stuff, it will likely never go full canon.

Kiss back? So Ash has to start the kiss?

Yeah that'll never happen...

Red and Blue

Assuming Serena will get a cameo in Alola, I wonder if either of them will bring up the kiss?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Kiss back? So Ash has to start the kiss?

Yeah that'll never happen...

Well not exactly. You just need confirmation that Ash has a crush on Serena, like how we've known Serena's had a crush since the start of XY.

Genaller

Silver Soul

Well yeah he's officially 10 (even the new anime says so) as far as the CURRENT writers are concerned. There's this really good website called Satoshipediaeng.org that puts his age at between 6 1/2 and 17 and gives a valid explanation for why Ash can't be 10 when considering all cannon information. That site also gives other interesting information like Ash's increase in maturity, skill and even height over the seasons. I agree with there assessment of Ash's age and I'd put Serena at around 14-16 (remember trainers only have to be atleast 10 when starting their journey not exactly 10. Serena's age was never confiermed unlike May and Dawn who were confirmed 10 at the start of their respective series).