• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

A Zero With No End! Till the Day We Meet Again!! (943)

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Assuming Serena will get a cameo in Alola, I wonder if either of them will bring up the kiss?

Ash: When she was leaving, she put her lips on me. What was that about?

So is Amour canon or not? Does Serena kissing Ash and Ash liking it make it canon? I don't know, but I do no that Amour is by far the closest ship to being canon.

Hopefully, she joins Ash in Alola for a long cameo

From how the characters were positioned it's more like she kissed the air in front of Ash's forehead. She's slightly taller than him and she lifted her feet positioning her around Ash's forehead, and she can't even kiss his forhead because of his cap xD I believe the lifting of the feet was done to signify it was a kiss but realisticaly from that positioning they couldn't have kissed -.- especially with how the escalator pushed her back, they should have just shown it instead of doing this symbologies to insinuate what happened leaving room for interpretation.

It looked half assed, but hey at least it's something, it's more than i thought they would do, which i commend them for that. It still didn't make up for the downsides of the series for me, but at least it eased the pain of the dreadfull moments in xyz that draged the series down in my eyes.

Unfortunatly i doubt she will ever appear again, and if she ever does i doubt anything else regarding amour will advance, if anything i think it would regress instead showing them moving on due to time spent apart.

Irina

ready for Gen 8
Oh well, that little scene was unexpected. Any chances Ash will get his own harem? Hah, just joking.

A great last episode and one of the better seasons from Pokémon. Not much time left until the journey starts again.
Good job on that one, producers. See ya in Sun & Moon.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Amour is one-sided canon, and probably will stay that way since Ash shows no feelings in that way towards Serena.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Still a better ending than BW's, but it was SOOOOOOOOOOO extremely forced on the Pokemon side that I didn't care since there weren't many buddy-buddy relationships beyond Chespin and Pancham.

Ha ha. Even though Serena kissed Ash on the cheek(?), we still couldn't see the moment. These writers just wanted one last gigantic tease.

noakai

Assuming Serena will get a cameo in Alola, I wonder if either of them will bring up the kiss?

Weirdly enough, I wonder if that kiss might make it harder for her to come back in the near future, considering they'd absolutely HAVE to address it if they did bring her back. She said something about being a more attractive woman when they met again supposedly, which makes me wonder if they set it up specifically so that if they ever want to send Ash off or age him up a lot, they can bring her back specifically for a romance/establish that they got married or whatever.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Weirdly enough, I wonder if that kiss might make it harder for her to come back in the near future, considering they'd absolutely HAVE to address it if they did bring her back. She said something about being a more attractive woman when they met again supposedly, which makes me wonder if they set it up specifically so that if they ever want to send Ash off or age him up a lot, they can bring her back specifically for a romance/establish that they got married or whatever.

Please give a source on that, that sounds way ooc for Serena at that point

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

When that happens in the year 200never.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Man, do I wish that Pokemopolis was still active.

My boy Hawlucha was showing his emotions.

Sylveon and Bunnelby are my other OTP.

The kiss was awesome. Part of me wishes we saw it and that the writers did more with Amourshipping over the course of the saga. They had a goldmine and only got a few nuggets. Still, I will take what I can get from this series.

Those reactions were great but at the same time, it felt like it was a gag. Just an observation.

More Alain was not needed. Just send the Gary Stu on his way. Maybe he and Tobias can journey together in Johto.

The montage was great.

Goodbye XYZ gang! You were the best!

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm too hyped atm to give a proper review. I loved this finale. It showed what everyone said they were going to do in the Serena episode. Serena kissed Ash, to channel the dear professor, "Marvelous!"

*Still internally screaming*

Oh yeah, Bonnie fist pumped!

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
When Ash is ten and he still gets a kiss on the lips....what a baller

I know. It took me forever to get my first kiss and I actually wanted romance.

This was a nice send off. They could have shown the kiss though instead of leaving room for ambiguity -.- i wasn't a big fan of this half assed done deal, but better than nothing

With how Sun and Moon looks, they should have just made Ash become the champion and end his story here. In Sun and Moon his character sounds and looks nothing like the current Ash, he looks more like a dumber version of his former self when he started in Kanto without all the character progression and development he has had until now, that's pretty dumb, and the art style is such a big departure from how it is now that is very hard to accept it as a proper continuation, it just feels like something radically new instead of a slow natural progression towards that art style like they did for all the past series where they have changed art style but progrssevly and not drasticly, but whatever i'm not planing on following the series so...

After so many years, I'm finally done, XYZ will be my final series of Pokémon anime, at least while they have Ash as the protagonist(the eternal 10 year old loser). I'll just pretend he won the league in Kalos and after this episode he went off to train to face the elite 4 and then became the champion and Serena came back after awhile and they lived happily ever after, with Ash as the champion and Serena persuing the Kalos Queen title and eventually getting it. Then their son/daugher can go on his/her own adventures and the cycle goes on.

I wonder what the hell that "And to own own Way" at the end of the episode meant, was that supposed to be some kind of secret message? Why use english? Seemed pretty random that phrase and in a font that resembled the Disney font. Weird, maybe i'm missing something. Anyway, it was a good episode, it was nice to see as well that they somewhat fixed the plothole of Greninja being able to mantain the Ash Greninja form without Ash, although that begs to question how the hell is Greninja being able to spot those special vines now, i was under the impression that it was the special form that granted him the power to do so, but i guess not.

100% agree with this.

Still a better ending than BW's, but it was SOOOOOOOOOOO extremely forced on the Pokemon side that I didn't care since there weren't many buddy-buddy relationships beyond Chespin and Pancham.

Ha ha. Even though Serena kissed Ash on the cheek(?), we still couldn't see the moment. These writers just wanted one last gigantic tease.

Sylveon/Bunnelby, Pikachu and Dedenne, Noivern and Hawlucha, Greninja and Braxien,

Oh my goodness, OMG!!!!!! Did the impossible just happen? Did a Shipping for the first time actually was something? Or was I dreaming? THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE FOR AMOURSHIPPERS!. Best Episode, Almost cried, especially when Serena kissed, man, why they made her go... Hoping to see Serena join the series after Alola, since Alola is the Circus Comedy edition. I want the Mature ASH Back! [Pre-reply to Alola]

uber gon

Accept Change
Kind of want to see a mini-episode where Sawyer gets to be Steven's assistant. Like, will he also help with the Devon Corporation? What sorts of adventures will Sawyer get into with Steven?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm not going to try and bother arguing whether or not Amour is fully canon now. Even I don't know anymore. All I feel is that a decent size chunk of the Amourshipping fanbase (not calling anyone out specifically, especially those here on Serebiiforums) will now forever be overly prideful or will attack/harass other shippers and non-supporters for years to come.

About the episode...well...it gave me the feels is all I will say. Out of all the crying Pokemon, I think Hawlucha was my favorite :D

Last edited:

Xuxuba

I'm not going to try and bother arguing whether or not Amour is fully canon now. Even I don't know anymore. All I feel is that a decent size chunk of the Amourshipping fanbase (not calling anyone out specifically, especially those here on Serebiiforums) will now forever be overly prideful or will attack/harass other shippers and non-supporters for years to come (it's already happening on youtube).

About the episode...well...it gave me the feels is all I will say. Out of all the crying Pokemon, I think Hawlucha was my favorite :D

I haven't seen a single amourshipper harassing anyone even though according to this forum they are the most rabbid and evil shippers to ever exist.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Amour is one-sided canon, and probably will stay that way since Ash shows no feelings in that way towards Serena.

Ash's sparkly eyes after the kiss tell me a different story. Ash also never denied Serena's affection so there is a possibility that they could be together at some point in the distant future and I think that's enough for most older viewers.

AndStillISpin

Ash's sparkly eyes after the kiss tell me a different story. Ash also never denied Serena's affection so there is a possibility that they could be together at some point in the distant future and I think that's enough for most older viewers.
His eyes sparkled because she thanked him, which is why it happened after that and not the kiss. If they wanted to leave it even open ended as to whether or not Ash felt the same, he would have blushed after the kiss. He didn't, and was the only one completely stone faced out of the five there.

They never denied it because they never needed to, at no point in this entire saga was it implied that Ash felt anything towards her.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I'm still blown away that Serena went for it and kissed Ash. That was something I never imagined they would do on the show.

Guess there were a few surprises leftover.

Genaller

Silver Soul
This was a nice send off. They could have shown the kiss though instead of leaving room for ambiguity -.- i wasn't a big fan of this half assed done deal, but better than nothing

With how Sun and Moon looks, they should have just made Ash become the champion and end his story here. In Sun and Moon his character sounds and looks nothing like the current Ash, he looks more like a dumber version of his former self when he started in Kanto without all the character progression and development he has had until now, that's pretty dumb, and the art style is such a big departure from how it is now that is very hard to accept it as a proper continuation, it just feels like something radically new instead of a slow natural progression towards that art style like they did for all the past series where they have changed art style but progrssevly and not drasticly, but whatever i'm not planing on following the series so...

After so many years, I'm finally done, XYZ will be my final series of Pokémon anime, at least while they have Ash as the protagonist(the eternal 10 year old loser). I'll just pretend he won the league in Kalos and after this episode he went off to train to face the elite 4 and then became the champion and Serena came back after awhile and they lived happily ever after, with Ash as the champion and Serena persuing the Kalos Queen title and eventually getting it. Then their son/daugher can go on his/her own adventures and the cycle goes on.

I wonder what the hell that "And to own own Way" at the end of the episode meant, was that supposed to be some kind of secret message? Why use english? Seemed pretty random that phrase and in a font that resembled the Disney font. Weird, maybe i'm missing something. Anyway, it was a good episode, it was nice to see as well that they somewhat fixed the plothole of Greninja being able to mantain the Ash Greninja form without Ash, although that begs to question how the hell is Greninja being able to spot those special vines now, i was under the impression that it was the special form that granted him the power to do so, but i guess not.

Man you took the thoughts right out of my brain. I think the reason they hid the kiss was because Japenease kid's shows don't allow lip kissing. In a way though we can confirm it was the lips since Pokémon has no issue with cheek kissing and I can't reasonably think of anything else garnering such a reaction. I feel as though they tried to do the best they could with the boundaries they were allowed, so I'll choose to appreciate them for it. I 100% agree with you regarding everything else and am also going to do the same thing if SM doesn't satisfy me.