• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aaaw crap ><;

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol flamethrower alday.
Let's do a calculation real quick.

Ft: 95 power * 100% acc = 95 avg damage
Fb: 120 power * 85% acc = 102 avg damage

Fb wins.
plus you have a move that raises attack and to physical moves
That's why you need fb. Charizard is physically oriented so you need more satk power on zard which fb gives you.
oh and gba chaos master is like a god man how can you not of known him
B/c obviously he's not at the level I was at when I used to rate teams? Look up "Dragondance" under users real quick.

Well I don't know how natures effects certain things but there are also other things to consider. First off there are tons of grass and water pokemon in the game but few fire, however Charmander is weakest in the beginning of the game while Bulbasaur is the strongest which was your original choice that you ended up disliking. Overall against most of the gym leaders I would have to guess that your best bet would be Squirtle and evolutions. Four out of eight gyms are weak against it, and two out of the remaining four are pretty much neutral. Cuz unfortunately Surge and Erika totally dominate it but thats no big deal. Its still dominates half the gyms!

This also goes for the elite four, I think you are pretty much neutral against them as well except for Bruno who I think I remember having a couple of rock types(Sorry its literally been years), which Blastoise will dominate.

So if you are looking at it that way Squirtle/Bastoise is pretty much the best, so I would suggest going with it.

Last edited:

golduck#1

Let's do a calculation real quick.

Ft: 95 power * 100% acc = 95 avg damage
Fb: 120 power * 85% acc = 102 avg damage

Fb wins..

no ft wins. are you telling me your risking 15% acc for 7 damage. lol noobish

That's why you need fb. Charizard is physically oriented so you need more satk power on zard which fb gives you.

B/c obviously he's not at the level I was at when I used to rate teams? Look up "Dragondance" under users real quick.[/QUOTE]
why dont you go to game spot. com and go fire red/ leaf green/sapphire/ruby/emerald and he is the best

no ft wins. are you telling me your risking 15% acc for 7 damage. lol noobish
You're a dipshit. It's a risk of 15% acc for 25 more damage. 102 is just the average damage over all the times you use it. It's damn worth the risk too.

Btw. Anyone who checks on Gamespot for pkmn sets is a noob. So you're the noob here.
why dont you go to game spot. com
B/c Gamespot obviously isn't a pkmn site? Plus the ppl there suck and don't know what they're talking about anyways.

If you want a real place check Smogon. That's the top pkmn place on the web and I guarantee you no one good from there wastes their time on Gamestop.

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
Personally, I'm going to help because you want Vaporeon later, and I actually completed my game using Charizard and Vaporeon.

I find that a good high Sp. Attack on Charizard helps, especially since the ability Blaze ups Fire attacks by 1.5 when Charizard starts hurting.

I suggest:
Charizard,
Mild Nature %110 Special attack, %90 Defense.
If you get hit with charizard, it's going to be water or thunder, or rock. Lower defense will just make you more vunerable to rock, but you won't be extra weak to the two others.

OR

Hasty Nature 110% Speed 90% Defense
---------------------------------------
Flame Thrower
Fire Blast/Overheat/Blast Burn
Earthquake
Slash/Steel Wing/Dragon Claw/Fly

Personally, I did the first ones listed on each set. Charizard isn't really meant to last long, what with the low Defense and Special Defense, however Charizard has a naturally high Speed and Special attack. Vaporeon is going to be more of your staller, with a potential of 400 someodd hitpoints and the ability to take a hit. That's what I suggest.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/006.shtml

Go look if you want more help.

Last edited:

JakeSteel

Has Not Changed.
If you have already chosen Charmander for your starter, it is really your decison of wheter to pick Flamethrower over Fire Blast.
Flamethrower---95 Power 100 Acc 15 PP].
So it means (not counting evasion moves) you have 15 moves a guarenteed hit.
Fire Blast---120 Power 85 Acc 5 PP.
So it means (not counting evasion moves) you have 5 moves a slightly better than 4 out of 5 hit. I'm not saying every time it's 4/5 hit, I'm saying most times you have 4/5 hit.

Final score---Flamethrower--- 95 Power*15 PP=1,425 HP worth of damage
Final score---Fire Blast (Best case scenario) 5/5 hit---Still only--- 120 Power*5 PP=600 HP worth of damage.

You decide.

Angeling

true love
Suica: Watch your language. Would you guys take it easy here? Don't start name-calling each other and all...

Anyway, I think the thread owner should have specified some restrictions and gone to the In-Game Rate-My-Team because anyone can recommend you a Pokémon/starter, but it's still the player's choice what they want to play.

Chill, guys.

golduck#1

You're a dipshit. It's a risk of 15% acc for 25 more damage. 102 is just the average damage over all the times you use it. It's damn worth the risk too..

it's not a good risk. what would you rather ice beam or blizzard, thunderbolt or tunder (with out rain dance)

Btw. Anyone who checks on Gamespot for pkmn sets is a noob. So you're the noob here.

B/c Gamespot obviously isn't a pkmn site? Plus the ppl there suck and don't know what they're talking about anyways..

i said if you dont no chaos master then you should go there and get some tips. because he is obviously ONE of the best in the world at rating and all that stuff. he is great help

If you want a real place check Smogon. That's the top pkmn place on the web and I guarantee you no one good from there wastes their time on Gamestop.

i do check smogon. i only check game stop because of chaos master and his funny replys. it's like theonebigwill or wrestle zone. they are great wirters so thatas why i go to those sights

Fabian the Fastman

Charmander. Charizard, IMO, was (and still is) the best starter pokemon to date.

...Has anybody here ever heard of "Heat Wave?" You can use the move tutor on Two Island to get that move on a Charizard.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Um, no.

Heat Wave is not gotten from the lady on Two Island. Blast Burn is. Heat Wave is gotten from breeding with Torkoal, if I'm not mistaken.

golduck#1

no i am pretty sure that you can get it from the move relearner

Fabian the Fastman

Um, no.

Heat Wave is not gotten from the lady on Two Island. Blast Burn is. Heat Wave is gotten from breeding with Torkoal, if I'm not mistaken.

IT'S CALLED THE MOVE RELEARNER MORON

Nah. STAB doesn't apply in FR/LG

What are you smoking? It's been there ever since RBY.

Actually, blastoise has the second highest speed
Which doesn't count for crap when you consider that base 85's still outspeed him. And really, Charizard's attack may leave something to be desired, but it's STILL usable and better than Blastoise's. 'Zard is really the only one who can be a good sweeper coughonlyonewithhalfdecentspeedcough

If you don't even know what you're talking about, don't argue and make yourself look like a complete idiot.

I've always gone for the fire-type Pokemon when playing a new Pokemon game, but, for some reason, I decide to restart the game and play again, I go for the water-type purely because it can take out the grass starter AND the fire. By grass I mean teach it Ice Beam.

Status
Not open for further replies.