• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abandon Ship! (308)

7threst

This was a nice transition episode to the first contest and I really liked the character of the day in this one. I think that - while coming off as not something unique - they still managed to make this episode interesting enough to watch.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Pretty good for a horror-themed episode. Reminds me of the Creature from the Black Lagoon (which I haven't seen of course).

I've actually seen this episode once before, years ago.
This episode made me appreciate Swampert a whole lot more. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Abandoned Ship was really creepy here; I screamed when that Swampert appeared and just snatched May's Torchic. I laughed when Max awoke and found Meowth and Torchic tied up in string with him, and I was glad that Brock actually put his Mudkip to good use here. Seeing the COTD and the Swampert reunite was really heartwarming.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The Abandoned Ship was cool in the games and I thought it was equally as cool here especially with Swampert lurking around and Spinarak tying people up. I liked seeing the Cotd reunite with Swampert.

JudySpell

Banned
Swampert hanging out in a ruined ship with no owner made me feel bad for it but seeing Meowth tied up in Spinarak's string made me laugh. 6/10

Zamin

This was a great, funny episode. I felt bad for that Swampert being left all b itself but it wasn't the fault of the trainer. It was great that the made up at the end. Team rocket are always up to trouble! They will never learn haha

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was sad how Tommy got seperated from his Marshtomp when the boat grounded. He was very lucky that he was able to find it. I thought it was funny when Max and Meowth were fighting while hanging from the ceiling.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's too bad that Old Man Hagi wasn't available to ferry Satoshi and friends across the sea to Kaina City, but at least we saw the Abandoned Ship. The ship had a creepy atmosphere to it, which was made even more eerie by Hiromi's Laglarge abducting Masato. Laglarge swatting away Musashi's Habunake was amusing.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Now that I think back, I don't know why Hiromi's Laglarge stayed on the wrecked ship to begin with when it could've just swam away in search of Hiromi instead.

Daizy

I call you honey
Swampert's issues were hard to sympathize with since he was the one who stayed in the abandoned ship instead of going to find his owner. Swampert was being an emo.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Swampert's issues were hard to sympathize with since he was the one who stayed in the abandoned ship instead of going to find his owner. Swampert was being an emo.

It begs the question of what Swampert was eating while on that ship. Seaweed? Humans? Some of the other unlucky Pokemon that got left behind by their owners?

SWAMPERT!!!!! I love him and he is so cute and ferocious. He only kidnapped everyone because he hated humans. I would have liked so see Mudkip and Swampert interact some more. If you dont like mudkipz Swampert will come in and get you...

How I would rewrite the episode: Mudkip follows Torchic inside and everyone gets captured except for Mudkip because Swampert synthesizes with him. Then when Swampert tries to attack Tommy, Ash, and Brock, Mudkip gets in the way but gets hit. While Tommy talks to Swampert, Mudkip talks to it as well. At the end of the episode Swampert and Mudkip fistbump. (Ironically this scene would be featured much later with the rolls reversed with May's Swampert and Serena's Mudkip)

Last edited: