• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abandoning D/P

randomspot555

It just seems pointless to sell a game with event data within it, and then never provide legitimate means to access it without buying an updated edition.

The theory is that the Surf Glitch in the early JApanese pressing forced hands to do direct distribution events. With the direct distribution, they can slap a Classic Ribbon on it and put it in a Cherish Ball.

That's a rumor, but it makes sense. Also, direct distribution at a retail outlet is great promotion for the other arms of the franchise.

Many players, including me, spent approx. $40 on Diamond/Pearl with the understanding that certain legendary event Pokemon were going to be eventually available in it, only to find that we must spend another $40 to get what we expected.

Welcome to the world of gaming. It's been that way for a while. I can buy a game, but downloadable content will be released and thus I can't do everything that's programmed into it.

Most of the Event Pokémon in D/P are already available through something called Tweaking.

They aren't really events if you just do it via in-game glitches. I'm not saying that's BAD, but it isn't an official method.

Games made in 2007 don't warrant any attention compared to a game made in 2009....no wait, none at all. D/P is history man, nintendo has Platinum to work on.

lol

ignite444

Burn baby, burn!
In all honesty, all these events happening for Platinum don't bother me. It's just the way Nintendo works. I still play my Diamond version because I love it more than Platinum. To tell you the truth, I don't care for event Pokemon that much. If I can get them, I do and just stuff them in my PC or deposit them onto my Ranch.

Cobalt_Latios

There's no "abandoning" it. The GTS, Wi-Fi portions of the Battle Tower, and Wi-Fi trading and battling are still fully functional, and from what I hear, some of the event Pokemon distribution (POKEMON, not event items) can still utilize D/P (at least that's the case in Japan and Arceus distribution).
I still use my Diamond version, I just don't use it for the reasons I should be using it for.

A company who's aim is profit is always going to promote the latest game. It gives consumers an incentive to buy that game.
Yeah, I'm sort of surprised and yet, I'm not surprised people here haven't figured this one out yet. I thought this was common sen- oh wait. Right, I stated not too long ago that good ol' common sense was dead. Nevermind.

Most of the Event Pokémon in D/P are already available through something called Tweaking.
You know you can say "glitch", "AR" and the like. You just can't discuss about information relevant to them, that's all (of course, the glitch in question was discussed here for a while... so it may not count).

Tweaking is using a glitch to reach the areas where Darkrai and Shaymin are found (Full Moon and Floarama).
If your referring to the Japanese E4 glitch then yes. I don't recall if it was able to get you Shaymin, but I know it worked for Darkrai.

Sorta like how Red/Blue players got Mew if they didn't make the SS Anne leave port.
Okay, no. That's a rumor. Just like those stupid "beat the E4 x number of times to get a special reward" things.

There are websites that detail how to do it, but I'm not providing a link since I'm not sure if it would violate rules. My understanding is that you can talk of the existenace of RNG's, PokeSavs, and and other ways of altering data/hack but not give step-by-step details.
Good, you figured it out on your own. Also, if you do know about stuff like this, you can send PMs between each other. Just so long as you don't discuss this stuff on the main forums, your fine. Keep those sort of discussions private.

Your options are to Google "tweaking" and find another site that will explain it fully, find a friend who owns the event poke you want, or buy Plat.
Tweaking is a very bad term to use to explain this. You're referring to "Glitch Exploitation". Or, something to that extent.

Pokemon.com has said that the Arceus giveaway will be available for DP and Pt.
Well that's something neat... unfortunately for me, it probably won't be available over Wi-Fi until later (like Darkrai, and soon Shaymin). Oh well, at this point, as long as we do get Arceus over Wi-Fi I'm happy. Hell, just being able to get event Pokemon has been a nice change of pace (the only downside of living in Canada...).

The theory is that the Surf Glitch in the early JApanese pressing forced hands to do direct distribution events. With the direct distribution, they can slap a Classic Ribbon on it and put it in a Cherish Ball.
Is that so. Huh, well that may explain a few things.

That's a rumor, but it makes sense. Also, direct distribution at a retail outlet is great promotion for the other arms of the franchise.
Yeah, well it's not exactly "convenient" for everyone. Then again, these things have never been know to be "convenient" except for how you obtain the legendaries/events.

They aren't really events if you just do it via in-game glitches. I'm not saying that's BAD, but it isn't an official method.
It'd be more of a loophole than anything; you're not "hacking" with a cheating device, but you're still exploiting a glitch in the system to do things that weren't originally meant to be. However, that's how many players have managed to accomplish speed runs; by exploiting a large number of glitches.

It's not official per se, but on the other hand, you didn't use anything illegitimate to get it either. So it's kind of in between.

<C_L>

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Cobalt_Latios, I honestly can't believe you took the time out of your day to respond in detail to such a useless thread.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
Yeah, Nintendo is all about getting you to buy the newest version. As soon as HG/SS hit's the US, don't expect them to do anything more with Plat.
I really don't think they'll leave Platinum behind. Diamond/Pearl and Platinum is almost the same game, but HeartGold/SoulSilver are totally different. They are gonna release the Azure Flute sometime, and that's not gonna happen for HGSS.

I think they'll support Plat and HGSS at the same time.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I really don't think they'll leave Platinum behind. Diamond/Pearl and Platinum is almost the same game, but HeartGold/SoulSilver are totally different. They are gonna release the Azure Flute sometime, and that's not gonna happen for HGSS.

I think they'll support Plat and HGSS at the same time.

Most likely not. After the Arceus event is over, it will most likely only be HG/SS promotions.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Sadly they did :(
They kinda decided that platinum is better and has more events.
eg you cant get the rotom key in D or P

**Jirachi**

After Azure Flute event(hope it will be a wi-fi event) and Jirachi wi-fi event(according to Serebii's event page) I think they will focus more on HG/SS events.

pokemaster001

Diamond and Pearl can still get local events, such as TRU Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, etc. As for Wi-Fi events, DP were able to receive the NZ Jirachi.

mxe567

AVOID MY STINGER XD
i think platinum will be forgotten for a bit, especially when hg/ss are released in the states

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Probably because most of the events are already available in D/P by Tweaking.

Yep because everybody knows about it and mastered it and is capable of doing it and is 100% safe...

FallenForce

sry, but your grammer is terrible man

WOW...

OT: I have never gotten an event, and for the first time I didn't buy the third game of the sequal for some reason, I just didn't.
I am hopefully waiting for Nintendo to release new events for D\P because I would love to fill my Dex.

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Yeah, I would also like to see D/P events continue.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
abandoning D/P would be a bit too much to be good if you ask me, i do believe that nintendo is more focussing on platinum due to it's increased popularity but abandoning D/P is quite something, nintendo sullpies at demand who knows we might still receive those events later in the future when pokemon platinum isn't a hype among fans anymore.