• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abortion, Right or Wrong?

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
100% pro-choice.
the worlds over populated as it is. a baby cant live on its own until after, i think it was 6 months. so until then, its just a part of her, and essentially, its not murder if its not a life, and before 6 months, its not its own life yet. after that though, if you dont want it, you should have got the abortion awhile ago, not like there wasnt time.

But that's the thing. There is life, it's growing and is already something living. Killing it is like killing a born child. Do you people truly and honestly beleive that it isn't wrong to go ahead and kill this child?

It is not just a part of the woman, she should not be the only person to decide what happens to it. And just like I said before, if people will have their children murdered to keep the population down they might as well kill themselves while they're at it.

??????

That guy.
Oh ????, btw, after my brother my mom now has whenever she travels her leg swells, and she got a gluten allergy. It screws up the hormone levels a lot.
Sorry. That sucks, but it's still not life threatening. Do you really think your brother's life is less important than an allergy?

Last edited:

Erienne

Anime high :D
I have a question: where in the bible does it explicitly say "no abortion". If it's just that you should have a lot of progeny, I would say (this was in Legally Blonde) that every time you masturbate you're killing millions of potential children.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
I have a question: where in the bible does it explicitly say "no abortion". If it's just that you should have a lot of progeny, I would say (this was in Legally Blonde) that every time you masturbate you're killing millions of potential children.

OMG i love that movie lol.......off topic. But in defense of anti-abortionists the sperm isn't a embryo it's a cell that cannot develop into a human without the egg.

??????

That guy.
No murder rule. Sperm and Eggs don't have human DNA.

Erienne

No murder rule. Sperm and Eggs don't have human DNA.

.... *facepalm* Both the sperm and egg have human DNA. 24 Chromosomes, to be exact. But each sperm has the POTENTIAL to be human, same as a foetus. Every time you have a period, you wasted an egg. So good job, you killed a potential child of yours.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
.... *facepalm* Both the sperm and egg have human DNA. 24 Chromosomes, to be exact. But each sperm has the POTENTIAL to be human, same as a foetus. Every time you have a period, you wasted an egg. So good job, you killed a potential child of yours.

Again here I'm only playing devil's advocate, but the sperm is HALF of the needed chromosomes to making a human, in the exception of Down Syndrome. However, they don't have the rest of the necessities needed to be a human

??????

That guy.
Both the sperm and egg have human DNA. 24 Chromosomes, to be exact. But each sperm has the POTENTIAL to be human, same as a foetus. Every time you have a period, you wasted an egg. So good job, you killed a potential child of yours.
They can't develop with the other. A sperm by itself will die regardless. And egg will also die. The potential die not because of a person, but the "blood" is on the hand of nature. A fetus is already a human, and it already has the 46 human chromosomes.

Erienne

Again here I'm only playing devil's advocate, but the sperm is HALF of the needed chromosomes to making a human, in the exception of Down Syndrome. However, they don't have the rest of the necessities needed to be a human

It doesn't matter. By the rule of wasting human life, you also have to account that any time you men masturbate you're killing sperm, which can become human, have human DNA, and could be human. Same with a period. You can't have it both ways.

Also, fetuses frequently die in the womb. Stillbirths much? If you're getting technical on blood, I guess I can't ever get a cut, because I'm wasting precious red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
It doesn't matter. By the rule of wasting human life, you also have to account that any time you men masturbate you're killing sperm, which can become human, have human DNA, and could be human. Same with a period. You can't have it both ways.

The potential to be a human and being human is two completely different things. The Potential means that it leds up to it but it isn't such as potential stardom it isn't stardom yet. But, a human is a human

Erienne

The potential to be a human and being human is two completely different things. The Potential means that it leds up to it but it isn't such as potential stardom it isn't stardom yet. But, a human is a human

Problem is... a fetus isn't a human, just like a pig fetus isn't a pig. A human by definition is characterized not by its DNA, but by its organ systems. Do you know that until around 10 weeks a human foetus is indistinguishable from almost any other mammal? So let's not kill pig fetuses because they "could" be human.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
Problem is... a fetus isn't a human, just like a pig fetus isn't a pig. A human by definition is characterized not by its DNA, but by its organ systems. Do you know that until around 10 weeks a human foetus is indistinguishable from almost any other mammal? So let's not kill pig fetuses because they "could" be human.

By that logic, anything that's a mammal can be considered a human or anything with the same organ system. So that would mean my cats a human but, is it? no. DNA is the definition of humans ;)

and the problem is?

I know that. My point is that if abortion is made illegal, many women will do those risky things to kill the fetus themselves.

good. if more women die by risky abortions, maybe women will get the picture and start adopting instead of murdering their helpless children. supporting abortion is outrageous and barbaric, for religious or secular reasons. I have no problem with a murderer dying. and yes, I realize this will flame. oh well.

Erienne

By that logic, anything that's a mammal can be considered a human or anything with the same organ system. So that would mean my cats a human but, is it? no. DNA is the definition of humans ;)

Cats do not have the same organ systems as us. Pigs, however, have very close systems to ours. And in the womb for the first few weeks they're indistinguishable. Also, to my previous point: so is it okay to kill the sperm and egg that would make said foetus? Because any sperm technically has the same chance to mate with the egg, and vice versa... because killing said sperm or egg would rob a human life (since a foetus is made up of an egg and sperm).

Erienne

That's the biggest bunch of nonsense. Who told you that lie. Only the most idiotic OB in all of history couldn't tell a pig fetus from a human fetus.
Excusez-moi... that's BS in itself. Have you ever looked at a chart? For the first three weeks a human fetus looks almost exactly like a pig, albeit bigger! You've never taken Biology, have you? We learned about dissection this year, and I saw pictures of it. And we learnt about it. So please go check your facts.

~dave

Excusez-moi... that's BS in itself. Have you ever looked at a chart? For the first three weeks a human fetus looks almost exactly like a pig, albeit bigger! You've never taken Biology, have you? We learned about dissection this year, and I saw pictures of it. And we learnt about it. So please go check your facts.

A person is a person no matter how small.

Wow.

You keep making the same points. I do not care what it legal right now. I KNOW she has the right to abort a kid, its a frikkin law. A law doesn't make anything right. Tell me why you think abortion is right, not "ZOMG SHE HAS THE RIGHT". Why should she have the right to take away the life of her unborn child, and shouldn't have the right to take away the life of her born child? I don't give a eff about legality. She will suffer taking care of both.

Why don't you think homosexuality is wrong? The state, for the most part, thinks its wrong, so homosexuality is wrong? The state doesn't make anything wrong or right. And what about Gay marriage? Most states don't allow it, so gay marriage is wrong? Bear with me on this surprising revelation: The State is not always right.

I never said it wasn't right. I fully believe abortion is right. Call me heartless.
I'm not saying it's pretty ..oh don't even go there!
But it's right. Not just cause it's legal ..who the F cares. But the woman has the right to choose for herself. It's right for her, and nobody else should put their noses into the picture.

A born child is full-human. Has seen life. Has now known what life feels like for the first time, and not trapped inside it's mom's belly.
Kill a born child ...is cruel. The child will feel, know, and that first sight they saw ..will be erased just like that.

Aborting a fetus isn't cruel.

And I support homosexuality ..because there's nothing wrong with that. Men like men. Women like women. It's all good.
why the hell would this have anything to do with that?
It's a totally different subject. I don't give a crap if somethings legal or not.

Same in Africa, except we don't have the BAAAW Police CPS coming to the rescue. The point still stands, people in 3rd world countries still suffer more than those in 1st world countries.

WHO CARES.
We still suffer. We still hurt. We still have our problems. They are not AS bad as the 3rd world countries ..but don't you dare act like we don't go through a hell of a lot. Just because you might have never gone through really rough ****, don't assume other's don't have it bad.

~dave

Where in the Constitution does it say abortion is a right? Also, killing a pregnant woman is double homicide.