• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abortion, Right or Wrong?

Veslfen

Cleverness goes here
I'm pro-choice. And I'm all for everyone's opinions, but I gotta say that these pro-life people sure know how to irk me loads. D:

A woman has every right to do what she wants to her 'fetus' (..not human yet, yes yes.)
Pregnancy happens. People aren't going to not have sex, just because they don't want children ..I MEAN COME ON. o: Who doesn't want sex? ahahaha.
But yeah. That's a big reason why condoms and birth control were made, so people could have sex, without getting pregnant.

And think of the women who choose to get abortions. I'm pretty sure most of them have their reasons. One being, they're young and/or can't give the child the right suport/love/life.
Two ..maybe the woman is a druggie/alcoholic. You don't want a poor baby being born into a life like that.

People really need to get over their stubborn thoughts about abortion. OMG YOU KILL A PERSONZ! OMG.
WHO CARES.
People die every second. You don't make big deals out of that. And if a person has an abortion early ..the fetus has no brain. no feelings. it doesn't know anything. so it's basically like throwing out a broken toy or something.

D: Besides. This world is over-populated. So I'm all for abortions wohoo.

And just saying. If I got pregnant anytime soon ...abortion would be my first though. And I wouldn't have any regrets. x] OMG I'M HEARTLESS! I KILL FETUSESSSSS! D: D:

Hey, for once we agree (although being a guy I don't think I'll have "abortion" as the first thought if I get pregnant... my first thought would probably be something like WTF? Anyway).

I don't like abortion personally, the act itself, but I regard it as an unnessecary evil. The plain and simple fact is that there are still situations in prenatal and during birth where it comes down to the life of the mother or the life of the fetus. And I'm not saying that in that situation the woman SHOULD abort. I just think it's her right to choose for herself one way or the other.

It kills an innocent person. Don't give me that "It's not a person crap", the fetus has human DNA, which makes a person a person. The DNA also differs from the mother, so the claim "Its the mothers body" is wrong as well. 9 months of hardship won't kill you. The only time when I would see it as acceptable would be in case of rape or incest.

Really? I have a few questions then. If a fetus is a human being, why aren't they counted in the census?
If a fetus is a human being, why do we judge their age based on their date of birth and not their date of conception?
If a fetus is a human being, why do people say "we have two children and one more on the way" instead of three children?
If a fetus is a human being, why don't couples who are conceiving get the same tax write-offs for a fetus that they get for children?

Last edited:

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Pro-choice here. As I see it, the foetus is pretty much an extension of the woman's body until birth. It's a burden upon her and I see no reason why she shouldn't remove it if she chooses. Even late in her term :eek:

Gallade324

Typhlosion Lover.
Why can't they just have the baby and immediatly pass the child on to a new family who wants it and can't produce because of low sperm/egg count etc.

??????

That guy.
Even if the fetus is somewhat alive. who really cares. The fetus has no rights. Sorry, but it doesn't. It hasn't come into this shitty life yet. Therefore, the mother can decide if she wants it or not.
Who are you, the woman, or anyone to determine who gets what rights? And who is anyone to determine what life is shitty? Just becuase some pessimist hates their life doesn't mean their child will hate theirs.

A fetus isn't going to decide for me, sorry. :\ No woman should be harrassed for wanting to abort their un-living blobthing.
It is alive from the formation of the Zygote. How in the world does something live, die, then come to life again? Are we all Jesus?

If a child is going to end up living a terrible life, it'd rather be aborted when it doesn't know anything ....rather than having to live in a shithole like the rest of us. D:
Who, again, is anyone to determine quality of life? I suggest all you advocates of abortion go to 3rd world countries. You will finds some of the happiest people alive, even with what 1st world people consider "nothing". People have much more shitty circumstances in 3rd world countries, yet wouldn't trade life for anything.

No one but the liver of the life can determine what the quality of their life is. Not the mother (Of course they'll kill the fetus, they're in pain), not you, not the government, not Pro-choice or Pro-life organizations. Only the liver. The arguement that the child will have a bad life is completely flawed. People have come up from the most shitty situations and have become great people. If the kid does not, it's the kid's fault.

My bed also has my DNA. Skin flakes off every day, carrying my DNA. Yet I clean it and *kill* it (it's already dead though). Anything that comes from you or you are on has your DNA. So is it wrong to kill/clean/destroy it? I mean, it has human DNA on it.
Are dead skin flakes living? Are dead skin flakes their own organism?

Well but it's not just the 9 months of pregnancy but the 18 years of taking care of it. You don't know the mother's personal, emotional, mental and financial situation. Besides it's tehcnically not a fetus until the end of the eighth week and it's not a person until it is fully developed and born as a person is defined as a man, woman, or child. While int he womb it is technically not any of these, but a fetus (although I don't personally like late-term abortion, but again it's not my choice.) Plus, it isn't your body or your decision or your fetus. I really don't think anyone has a say what a mother does with her body and fetus.
If the mom is concerned about taking care of a kid, there are plenty of other infertile couples that would love a kid. The decision to kill the kid is not the mothers either, becuase the body is not the mothers, it's the kid's body.

Really? I have a few questions then. If a fetus is a human being, why aren't they counted in the census?
If a fetus is a human being, why do we judge their age based on their date of birth and not their date of conception?
If a fetus is a human being, why do people say "we have two children and one more on the way" instead of three children?
If a fetus is a human being, why don't couples who are conceiving get the same tax write-offs for a fetus that they get for children?
The government does not determine life. Neither does anyone else but the liver of the life.

??????

That guy.
Show me the empty orphanages and I'll believe in this mythical "demand" for children.
There isn't one? No one exists who wants a child?

If the kid fails at life let the kid decide to kill his or her self. People have been through worse than an orphanage upbringing.

Erienne

Anime high :D
There isn't one? No one exists who wants a child?

If the kid fails at life let the kid decide to kill his or her self. People have been through worse than an orphanage upbringing.
I have a question: do you understand that some teenage girls get killed each year from child abuse due to pregnancy? Many, especially lower class, teenage girls keep quiet about their pregnancy for fear of parental backlash. It's a shame on the family, so it actually puts their lives at risk. are you aware that by the 8th month, it's quite obvious that the girl is pregnant. Most likely before that, but just a more extreme case. So should they be able to get abortions?

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
If the mom is concerned about taking care of a kid, there are plenty of other infertile couples that would love a kid. The decision to kill the kid is not the mothers either, becuase the body is not the mothers, it's the kid's body.

You can't be sure the potentially aborted baby will be adopted though.

The mother is responsible and the voice for this fetus that has no type of thought, rational or irrational. The decision lies completely with the mother - it may not be her body but it is her body that the fetus is directly affecting. Your entire stance hinges on the belief that the fetus is a person, when scientifically it isn't, not to mention it hasn't experienced life outside the womb, nor does it have right sinside the womb or thought.

Last edited:

ImJessieTR

I WON'T kiss Ash...
What I'm saying is, if there's always someone who'll take a kid, then why are there kids in orphanages? Let's take care of the sentient citizens who already exist than line up for embryos.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
@???????
i bet it must be awesome to be you. You obviously have absolutely no sympathy or empathy. You are quite happy to judge people you don't know, and say what they can or can't do. I bet being you is amazing, living in your blissfull ignorance.

??????

That guy.
I have a question: do you understand that some teenage girls get killed each year from child abuse due to pregnancy? Many, especially lower class, teenage girls keep quiet about their pregnancy for fear of parental backlash. It's a shame on the family, so it actually puts their lives at risk. are you aware that by the 8th month, it's quite obvious that the girl is pregnant. Most likely before that, but just a more extreme case. So should they be able to get abortions?
If the decision is so clear cut as a decision between the life of the fetus and the life of the mother is imminent, then I believe abortion should be optional. Domestic issues will rarely develop into this, it's mostly a health issue.

You can't be sure the potentially aborted baby will be adopted though.
And this matters because...? People have become great even in worse situations. I'm African, I've seen a lot of stuff worse than a government run Orphanage.

The mother is responsible and the voice for this fetus that has no type of thought, rational or irrational. The decision lies completely with the mother - it may not be her body but it is her body that the fetus is directly affecting.
Would you kill a child being nursed for the mother's benefit? What about a mother who provides other food for the child? It is no different than abortion.

i bet it must be awesome to be you. You obviously have absolutely no sympathy or empathy. You are quite happy to judge people you don't know, and say what they can or can't do. I bet being you is amazing, living in your blissfull ignorance.
You sir, are a winner. An idiot, but a winner. If insulting people with other opinions makes your e-ego feel big, go ahead.

Last edited:

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
You sir, are a winner. An idiot, but a winner. If insulting people with other opinions makes your e-ego feel big, go ahead.

Well done, you've jsut become possibly the biggest hypocrite in existance. And i wasn't insulting you, i was pitying you. I genuinly feel sorry for you, And i can't help but wonder, what happened to make you into such a hateful person?

??????

That guy.
Well done, you've jsut become possibly the biggest hypocrite in existance. And i wasn't insulting you, i was pitying you. I genuinly feel sorry for you, And i can't help but wonder, what happened to make you into such a hateful person?
I feel sorry for you. I don't hate anyone, you are simply misguided to think you can judge someone through the internet.

How is it no different than abortion?
The child is sacrificed for the mother's benefit and quality of life of the child is assumed.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
I feel sorry for you. I don't hate anyone, you are simply misguided to think you can judge someone through the internet.
Excuse me, I'M THE ONE JUDGING?
That's hilarious.
I've seen what you've posted on other topics, for example the homosexuallity one. It's pathetic that you think you should have any rights to say what people can't do with their life, especially when that isn't harming a LIVING person. not a bunch of cells. Cause you can phrase it how you want but that's what they are, a bunch of cells.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
The child is sacrificed for the mother's benefit and quality of life of the child is assumed.

Well, but now at this time it is different than abortion because the child has been born. It is now classified as a child, it now has rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness now that it has been born. It can now truly interact with others, it can learn to think rationally now, it can now truly feel and experience emotions (even though it may not understand them). At this time is murdering a true, equal person, not a fetus.

??????

That guy.
Excuse me, I'M THE ONE JUDGING?
Of course you are.

You are hilarious.

I've seen what you've posted on other topics, for example the homosexuallity one. It's pathetic that you think you should have any rights to say what people can't do with their life, especially when that isn't harming a LIVING person. not a bunch of cells. Cause you can phrase it how you want but that's what they are, a bunch of cells.
If you actually put on your glasses, you would see that I said the state should give gays equal rights.

Really, you don't know me, yet I am hypocritical becuase I don't lean to your leftist views. Who is the judge?

Well, but now at this time it is different than abortion because the child has been born. It is now classified as a child, it now has rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness now that it has been born. It can now truly interact with others, it can learn to think rationally now, it can now truly feel and experience emotions (even though it may not understand them). At this time is murdering a true, equal person, not a fetus.
What does birth really do? I don't need interaction or emotion to be human. And who is anyone to determine who gets rights? Everyone person should have them.

Last edited:

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
I think abortion is wrong, pretty much already because of what ?????? said. It's the killing of an inocent child whom you've got no right to take their life away. They are still living, and as soon as a child is in the mother it has a soul so it's techinically already a living thing.

Though I wouldn't get abortion even if I did get raped. The thought of killing an innocent baby just so that I could live without discomfort would haunt me forever. My parents have already gone through several children, I doubt they would mind helping me care for mine.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Abortion is one of those extremely rare things I actually have an opinion on. Personally, I'm pro-choice. Since I live in Southern Louisiana (Ultra-Catholic and Ultra-Right wing), it's very rare that I actually meet another person who shares my views of abortion. I usually jokingly pass it off as "would you really want someone like me as a father?" when asked about it, so as to not get into a huge debate about it.