• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abortion, Right or Wrong?

Sixpakvb

you know just because someone has a disability (like me) doesn't mean that they should be killed. this isn't the middle ages anymore. plus i have friends who have disabilities so that's like saying that alot of sped kids have no point in existing. i have a friend who is paralyzed in his right arm. his arm has been useless since the day he was born. he has a job and even plays softball very well. i have issues with my brain therefore i can't get hit in the head. i'm adopted by my grandma. nobody deserves to die. you want to know something
? sped kids are the best friends a person could ever make! nobody says that we are just pathetic people with no future!!! i'll have you know that god chooses the weak and the foolish to confound the wise!! that refers to sped people!!! the so-called average person is the one who usually is reffered to as the wise. we get the worst treatment from the wise because it helps them say that we are mentaly insane. i'll tell you i'm not insane, i am just doing what my lord said for me to do and that's to live life! people who have problems with sped people should notice that most "true christians" are sped people. it doesn't matter how sped we are, we can do just as much as any normal person can. people who say sped people don't have a right to live are all fools.

First off, most of that didn't make sense. Second, don't bring religion into this. Many people here aren't christian or just don't believe in God. This makes your point invalid. Third, most of the time doctors recommend abortion is in more severe cases, such as when the baby will most likely die soon after birth. In a case like this, a woman would go through the pain of childbirth and potentially die, and have the child either soon die or have a major handicap which would cause a lot of trauma and pain for the child throughout its life, most likely causing it to die at a much earlier age as well.

Plants don't have feelings or brains like humans do. So, even if they're living, you can't techinically "murder" them, because they can't and never will have feelings or a brain.

You still think it would be better to murder a kid then to go ahead and give it a chance to live? I keep on seeing abortion as murder, you could have a child with a CHANCE to live and you take it away.

A fetus is pretty much a plant. It can't feel anything. It can't think of anything. Aborting it would mean it would never feel or think anything, just like a plant. Don't be so arrogant. It's not murder. It's not a kid. It's an unconscious entity that won't be sad if it was aborted, it wouldn't even care. No one would. The mother wouldn't think about it for the rest of her life, she wouldn't really care. If she really did want a child, have another one. That would fill whatever imaginary gap you people think they would have.

I agree with missey. it should be counted as a living thing. i had a friend who has had abortions before and she said that she did not think it was right. i was kind of mad at her when i heared this since i inherited my mother's love for kids. if i get a girlfriend and end up in that situation i would refuse to let her destroy something as precious as the child growing inside her womb. besides i feel their pain. the baby is not the only thing that feels pain, the mother feels the pain also. adoption is thee bbest way to go since it doesnt involve murder. ( if you know the story of exodus then you will understand my background.) besides sexual intercourse is not " just for fun" if you don't want a kid then don't have sex. people who look at sex as entertainment are wrong. the baby is what makes it so very worth the pain and i hear that from all mothers that after the child is born it is amazing. they don't even care about the pain. mother's also share the pain of the child. so yes children even as a fetus feel pain. it disgusts me that so many people do this just for money. plus even the mother can die from abortion so baically they are sacrificing themselves when they go through the process.

Stop it. Seriously. The baby doesn't feel pain. It's not conscious. It hasn't developed nerve cells. The mother doesn't really care after a while. Preventing life from forming and preventing conscious life from forming has little difference. What do you mean people have abortions just for money? It costs you money to have an abortion. Read up on facts, pregnancy causes a LOT more deaths of potential mothers than abortions do. Legal abortions, on average, cause about 7 deaths a year. That's a minuscule number compared to the global population.

Oh, and just to have another statistic, nearly 600,000 women die a year due to pregnancy related issues.

SWEETCHERRYB

pure hearted girl!:)
well some parents will kill them just because they aren't able to do something. they do this alot in countries with strong prejudice. once they learn that there is something wrong with the child they just act as if they are animals. so that's how they fit in.

pepperedfox

who's this n00b??
well some parents will kill them just because they aren't able to do something. they do this alot in countries with strong prejudice. once they learn that there is something wrong with the child they just act as if they are animals. so that's how they fit in.

Excuse me, we are talking about abortion. If you don't know what the term is, I suggest that you look it up in the dictionary. What you just described was not abortion at all, and I don't see how this fits in with the discussion.

KingdomHeartsExpert

FC 4554-5973-3422
I am one of those who strongly oppose abortion(everyone starts booing)I 100% think its wrong. A person is a person no matter how small. I don't care if they're not conscience for 20 weeks As long as that cell is alive that is a person even if it is just one cell. Honestly who are we to decide whether someone should live or die? Do we know everything are we judges? That fetus is there for a reason. They have a purpose for being made. No one is an accident no matter how they came to be. Whether it was rape,incest,or just a stupid choice. I know of a man and heard his testimony named Reggie Dabbs. He was the son of a prostitute. Yes that means he was considered,by societys standards,a mistake,or an accident yet he has grown up and become one of the best inspirational speakers in the world. So my question for is abortion right or wrong is Who are you to jugde whether someone whould die or not? Do you know what their future holds? God made you for a reason and for a task only you can complete. Just think that one cell is 1 out of thousands. Thats all I need to say and thats all I"m going to say.

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
Second, don't bring religion into this. Many people here aren't Christian or just don't believe in God. This makes your point invalid.

Whilst I agree that religion should not have a say in whether abortion be allowed/disallowed, it is far from invalid. Faith, after all, is a powerful thing and is a guide on how to live life for many people. If someone wants to make this important a decision based on their beliefs I say let them.

The mother wouldn't think about it for the rest of her life, she wouldn't really care. If she really did want a child, have another one. That would fill whatever imaginary gap you people think they would have.

Actually a lot of women do regret having abortions later on in life, even if they know they made the right decision.

Actually the only real time this happens is if the child won't survive outside the womb. Most parents don't care if there soon to be child is deformed.

Anyway if it is clear already, I'm pro-choice. I think there are many good reasons such as rape, age, mental capablities and other stuff that has already been said to death are genuine cases where abortion is necessary.

I am one of those who strongly oppose abortion(everyone starts booing)I 100% think its wrong. A person is a person no matter how small. I don't care if they're not conscience for 20 weeks As long as that cell is alive that is a person even if it is just one cell. Honestly who are we to decide whether someone should live or die? Do we know everything are we judges? That fetus is there for a reason. They have a purpose for being made. No one is an accident no matter how they came to be. Whether it was rape,incest,or just a stupid choice. I know of a man and heard his testimony named Reggie Dabbs. He was the son of a prostitute. Yes that means he was considered,by societys standards,a mistake,or an accident yet he has grown up and become one of the best inspirational speakers in the world. So my question for is abortion right or wrong is Who are you to jugde whether someone whould die or not? Do you know what their future holds? God made you for a reason and for a task only you can complete. Just think that one cell is 1 out of thousands. Thats all I need to say and thats all I"m going to say.

BOOO! that's right. ;P

I'm not saying that a fetus shouldn't live cause it's 'small.' I could care less if it was a gigantic tumor inside the woman. (though ..that's what it makes the stomach like..KINDA, ahahaha.)

I support abortion, because a fetus has no rights. So 'killing' it, isn't really any deal at all. people just are too stubborn to accept the fact that "A FETUS DOES NOT HAVE RIGHTS!" And KILLING? I wouldn't even call it close to that. The thing basically not even living. It has no brain (well ..a small one that's growing.)

The fetus won't care if it's aborted. trust me. you're making yourself too upset over it. D:

Sixpakvb

Whilst I agree that religion should not have a say in whether abortion be allowed/disallowed, it is far from invalid. Faith, after all, is a powerful thing and is a guide on how to live life for many people. If someone wants to make this important a decision based on their beliefs I say let them.

Actually a lot of women do regret having abortions later on in life, even if they know they made the right decision.

When I said the point was invalid I was referring to this debate, I wasn't referring to personal beliefs. Whether or not God's will is to have the child be born, it has no effect in this debate. They may regret it some time, but it'll pass soon enough. A relative dying is worse than an abortion, but you get over it soon. Like that, a woman would get over the fact that they had an abortion soon enough. I occasionally mourn my grandmother, but it's only short term. There is no major effect.

Cyan

Mortal
I'm pro-choice, but I would prefer if more people used the adoption process

dracoburn

Lance's protege
I know this post is a wee bit old, but it caught my eye.

i agree with missey and supersaiyanalex! abortion is wrong. if anyone remembers what horton said from dr. seus's horton hears a who. "a person is a person no matter how small."

dr. suess would be miffed if he knew you were quoting him on this matter. horton hears a who isnt about fetuses, its about little alien creatures that live on a speck and how youre supossed to treat every LIVING being with consideration. i think youd be better off using that quote in the vegetarianism thread.

i don't understand why all people think about is sex anyway. i don't need it. anyone can live without it.

that, my friend, is a common misconception portrayed by the media. although it is possible to become addicted to sex, its more so an addiction to the power it puts you in and the rush it causes, not the activity itself.

i guess people are just to stupid to understand how much fun a baby is. i work at a daycare and i do this not for money, but because i love children.

how does that make somone stupid? i dont want kids. does that make me stupid? actually, i think its the reverse. the way society is today, i dont want to throw another innocent life out to suffer liek so many people are now. not everyone is liek yo, you know, and that does not make us stupid.

god even detest's abortion. one of the ten commandments is thou shall not kill

please dont bring god into this, and if you do, instead of saying "god says no" say "its written --- in the bible, and i strongly believe in that as a competent source.". because, though you may be christian, not everybody is. honestly, any bible reference i read, i automatically regard it as crap. im an atheist.

yet i don't think most of you really realise that your mothers had chances to kill you

uh, i wouldnt even be me if my mom didnt have me, but that goes back to the religion thing. i believe not in souls, shoes excluded.

so what makes you say that the fetus is not a living thing? anything that has to eat and go potty is still something that is alive.

the fetus doesnt even excrete waste until it reaches a fetal stage. as an embryo(when most babies are aborted) its roughly the size of a jelly bean, and its excratory system is virtually nonexistent.

it doesn't matter if it's still a fetus. that just makes it a living cell.

so your saying every skin cell, every hair cell, every drop of blood must be savored? just making an assumtion here, but ill bet youve killed bugs and eaten burgers before. and if not, youve eaten plants, which are, indeed, alive.

sex is like the word integrate. " to take something and make itself whole." i plan on having a large family and just the sound of it touches my heart!

good luck. i wonder how touched your heart will be at the 3 am feeding...
dont take this the wrong way, but i think having a big family is moderately selfish. the world is overpopulated as is. do you think its ok when a person has 20+ cats? i think it goes the same way with children.

but for the birth control pills and condoms, they aren't fail safe so whats the point of using them? god has a plan for each and every soul, nobody came here because of some lame accident.

so you want babies to be born into druggie families? thats where shaking babies comes into place. honestly, i think thats a pretty lame accident, dont you?

think about this- my best friend no longer believes in god due to this. she was adopted because her birth parents didnt believe in abortion. shes 16 now, and though her dad is ok, her mom is immature and has tried everything within her power to make my friends life miserable. she even faked(really totally faked) suicide because my friends suicidal and she(the mom) seriously wanted attention. shes a drunk and shes a terrible mother. i love my best friend, but i hate to see her cry or cut herself. WOULD YOU WANT YOUR DAUGHTER TO HAVE THIS MOTHER???

^lotta typing^
im gonna hafta log back in to post this, but its worth it, ive made my case.

Pikapalo

WT?

For one, Fetus' are actually maturing creatures. They are not just a cell. The phase between a few cells in the womb =/= a fetus.

Secondly, I'm fine with abortion as long as it's in the earlier stages of development, because it's perfectly natural for a few inseminated eggs to die in the reproductive process. Which is why doctors inject women with multiple inseminated eggs during in vitro fertilization. After that it's like making a case to kill a living human for not truly being a full person. The personage argument is so vague you might as well encompass new born babies as not being persons due to the lack full intellectual sentience at that stage of life. So if we can kill a fetus we might as well punt new born human babies like baby seals as well.

Last edited:
Good sir, abortion is one of the most safest operations performed in the medical field. Legal abortions are safe. Illegal abortions are not. The chances of a woman dying from legal abortions are slim.

Most safest, eh? Good God, when did this thread become so hostile? Anyways, look back a few pages at what I wrote and you'll see that abortions are not entirely safe. Provided, they probably won't kill you, but they are definitely not the "most safest" precedures out there

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
I believe abortion is okay for certain circumstances. If the to-be parent is not strong, independent, or old enough *or all of the above* to be a parent, then abortion looks like a decent option there.

Also, when it comes to the parent having an illness or some form of problem that has a high possibility of passing onto the child, then not having the child at all would be better than making it live a life of pain and suffering.
I'm not talking about the more common and easier-managed disabilities here. I'm talking about the ones that make the children deterriorate as they grow, or they just live their lives as vegetables.

The Pill and condoms may not be failsafe, but they're damn well safer than not using any at all, so if someone is silly enough to be aware of that fact, and ignore it, then get pregnant as the result, it's their own problem. Of course, they could still get an abortion, but what would they learn from having one?

The argument as to wether the foetus is 'living' or not is a tough one. Even though something doesn't technically 'live' until they take their first breath, and unborn child moves and functions inside of the womb before birth. I believe it is during that time a child is 'alive', so having to abort a creature that's begun to grow would be a very difficult decision to make.

So I think it's really up to the person who is having the abortion, to decide wether the foetus is 'alive' or not, and wether it is 'killing', if they decide to have the abortion.

Erienne

Anime high :D
Foetus is the true spelling of fetus.

Erienne

Anime high :D
Banned because it comes from Latin, foetus.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
I support abortion, because a fetus has no rights. So 'killing' it, isn't really any deal at all. people just are too stubborn to accept the fact that "A FETUS DOES NOT HAVE RIGHTS!" And KILLING? I wouldn't even call it close to that. The thing basically not even living. It has no brain (well ..a small one that's growing.)
Last I heard, it's got a heartbeat by the time it's sixteen days old, and the woman probably won't know she's pregnant the minute she becomes pregnant. I consider things with a heartbeat living, and it does have a right: it has a right to live. Just as much as you or I.

The fetus won't care if it's aborted. trust me. you're making yourself too upset over it. D:
How would you know, you apparently haven't been aborted. And I would bet that one of those aborted fetus souls will be looking down on you from Heaven and praying for you.

Last I heard, it's got a heartbeat by the time it's sixteen days old, and the woman probably won't know she's pregnant the minute she becomes pregnant. I consider things with a heartbeat living, and it does have a right: it has a right to live. Just as much as you or I.

But you're forgetting the fact that it's stuck in the woman's body. Therefore, all it's rights are automatically the woman's rights anyways. The woman will choose if she wants that baby or not.

How would you know, you apparently haven't been aborted. And I would bet that one of those aborted fetus souls will be looking down on you from Heaven and praying for you.

It will never know life. It will have no clue what anything is. It will never see anything. Therefore ...it obviously won't give a crap.

Oh and btw. I don't believe in God & Heaven ..just to add that in. ;P

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
But you're forgetting the fact that it's stuck in the woman's body. Therefore, all it's rights are automatically the woman's rights anyways. The woman will choose if she wants that baby or not.
Though it's inside the woman, it isn't the woman itself, it has its own right to live instead of being killed off before getting its first breath of air.

It will never know life. It will have no clue what anything is. It will never see anything. Therefore ...it obviously won't give a crap.
Do you think it would still give a crap if the abortion failed and it survived?

Oh and btw. I don't believe in God & Heaven ..just to add that in. ;P
Eh, I realized that. Still, I had to give it a try though ^_^ It's what I beleieve, anyway, therefore I feel I ought to say it.