1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Abortion, Right or Wrong?

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by Rezon, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

Most strict pro-lifers will tell you that it isn't a human life until the moment of conception, where there are 46 chromosomes are in place (let's forget about genetic anomalies for now). A simple sperm or ovum is not a developing human, but a zygote is. But that's not necessarily my opinion.

2. ChedWick

ChedWick Well-Known Member

I caught it :D

Sorta, it seems most of them believe as soon as that fertilization is complete (two halves of the DNA become 1 new strand) there is a human life.

3. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

And I was beginning to fear that SPPf Debate didn't have a sense of humor! Thank you.

4. ChedWick

I think I'm just losing to much faith in people as a whole and there for can't seem to take anything anyone says seriously anymore... The white padded room is in my future!

5. ??????

?????? That guy.

ABORTION IS SERIOUS BUSINESS GUYS

The fetus is already human life, as it possesses human DNA from his or her conception.

6. card games

card games Troll Trainer

A fetus and baby are bOTH human beings that eat and breath just like me and you.

Abortion is pure evil, screw pro-choice.

7. ChedWick

The fetus does not eat nor breath. They rely solely on the mother for substance.

8. Kaasuti

Kaasuti MegaKaasutizard

This couldn't be anymore true, but theres no point trying to explain the same thing over and over.
    People who want to keep all conceived babies alive are selfish, the world is already overpopulated and there are too many unwanted and in homes already, why would you want to bring more children into homes where they would be unloved,abused or unwanted?

Also to CARD GAMES, to me overpopulating the world with unwanted children is pure evil and not giving people who are actually alive and breathing a choice is evil, what're you like ten or something?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  9. Slightly Insane

Slightly Insane like a BOSS

That is not the child's fault. It is the mother and father's fault for having intercourse and producing a baby. Don't look at the "problem", look at the root of the problem. Why is the world overpopulated? Because mothers and fathers can't stop banging each other. Why are so many children up for adoption? Because mothers can't support the children. They should have thought about that before they had sex.

Bringing this back from a previous post.

Also, cut the crap. The purpose of a debate should be to obtain truth, not disprove the other person by any means. Yes, you should defend your position with logic and facts. Yes, you should argue with your opponent. No, you should not be constantly condescending and throw around meaningless insults. Who CARES if he's ten or not? He's right. Abortion at the root is selfish. You have sex for personal pleasure, and then if you get pregnant you kill the child for your personal comfort. So you don't have to carry it for nine months, suffer through childbirth, and then raise the child. It's for personal comfort. You're not going to DIE if you have to raise the child for 18 years. You'll live. It will be hard, but you'll live.

10. card games

card games Troll Trainer

12 acually. If there are unwanted that are overpopulating the earth, then wear a damn condom.

11. The Doctor

The Doctor Absolute Beginner

I'm getting really bloody tired of having to say "WHAT IF SHE WAS RAPED?"

I'm also getting tired of this as well. Do you seriously think that professionally trained doctors are going to just hand out abortions to anyone who asks, no questions asked? And what makes you think women who've had an abortion aren't going to be affected by this? Some have actually regretted doing so, and it rests on their consciences every day. Abortion is not some over-the-counter medicine you can take to get rid of an inconvenient pregnancy, it requires a lot of thought.

As we keep saying, we're not saying they HAVE to have an abortion. We just want them to have that choice, to know that it's there.

12. Kaasuti

Kaasuti MegaKaasutizard

Condoms arent 100% effective for crying out loud.

I don't understand why people rant on about abortion being selfish, but then not answering when i'm suggesting that bringing every baby into the world despite circumstances is selfish.
    IT IS HARD TO RAISE A CHILD AND NOT EVERYONE HAS THE MONEY OR THE MEANS TO DO IT.

People don't do it out of personal comfort, most do it because they don't want to bring a baby into the world when they have no money and no home.Why bring a child into a home like that?? children aren't free you know, people want the best for their children.

I personally think people who are against abortions are a little uneducated about it, and assume constantly instead of learning the actual facts.

13. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

Not true. We just don't care about the woman's choice and benefits of abortion and whatnot, because at the end of the day, we think of the fetus as a human life. And nothing justifies the intentional termination of a human life. But I digress.

14. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

I've always thought that if the mother's life is in danger or something to that extent as a result of the fetus then it would be okay. Personally, I think that a woman should be able to have an abortion if she didn't want to have the baby for whatever reason it may be. Of course, I would think that anyone who was having an abortion would have a valid reason to do so but I don't care if they do.

15. card games

card games Troll Trainer

I can understand that reason.

16. Slightly Insane

Slightly Insane like a BOSS

Say a man had his house robbed and the thief got a hold of his credit cards, and then bleeds his bank account dry. In order to maintain the man's personal comfort, should he go rob his neighbor/a bank? Doing so would help him greatly. He wouldn't lose his way of living, and his family wouldn't suffer.

It is the same with abortion. It's the same with almost any negative situation. Something bad happens. You try to fix it. But with some situations, like having your bank accounts robbed, you can't fix it without a drastic action. In the case of theft it is thievery. In the case of rape it is abortion. Abortion is murder for personal comfort. Wouldn't you say that relieving yourself of the pains of rape is personal comfort?

I personally don't care what they have to "think" about. Usually the root of it is selfish, and thoughts of putting the child in a "bad" world is an excuse to cover up the reality of the situation.

And yes, I would expect that most people would regret murdering an innocent, defenseless life.

Let the child decide if his or her life is worth living in the circumstances. If they don't want to live life in the home that they were brought up in, they can easily commit suicide. However, you will find that most children don't kill themselves. You never see headlines on CNN saying, "The average African child suicide rate has gone up by two hundred this month." People enjoy life, and NOBODY should have the right to take it from the people.

Maybe the parents should have thought about that before they had sex. And there are many ways to counter this. Go to your parents. Work several jobs. If worst comes to worst, put your child up for adoption and take cares to make sure that there is a parent that will adopt them.

One of my mother's friend adopted her little girl the day that she was born. Both of my sisters were adopted. I have gone to China and had to wait several days to go adopt my little sister because there were too many schedules. Then when I went there were thirty other families with us waiting to meet their children for the first time. Many people have the money and means to support children, and then go out and support children that aren't theirs. I'm a living witness.

There are no facts when you debate personal choices and feelings. Fifty thousand women may have aborted their children because they felt that they didn't want to bring up their child in their current lifestyle, but every single one of the motives and feelings behind the actions will be different.

You would do well to take your own advice, and not assume. The root purpose of debate should be to learn truth, and that will never happen if the debaters are condescending to each other, and do not back up their claims with facts and logic.

Your argument falls apart at the last sentence. If you do not care if a mother would murder her unborn baby for any reason, would you care if she murdered her newborn? Her toddler? Her disrespectful teenage son or lazy husband?

17. the jman

the jman Ak47 I choose you!

REally, why do you want to kill a baby? even if you were raped, I realized it doesnt matter. your still killing an innnocent child who played no role in the raping of its mother.

18. CSolarstorm

CSolarstorm New spicy version

This has been repeated over and over again: when you talk about abortion, you're talking about fetuses. Not babies with developed brains or fingers or eyeballs...undeveloped fetuses.

And certainly we're not talking about children either. No woman can fit an entire child in their womb.

These words have different meanings. No sane pro-choicer wants to go around killing babies...using the wrong word, a word meant for an older, more developed human being, is a typical strategy to evoke misplaced sympathy for a fetus by imagining them as a healthy baby that exists outside the woman's body.

And using the wrong word or insisting that pro-choicers deliberately want to kill babies because they are evil, because they support abortion which is wrong, is nothing more than an ad hominem that shows you have nothing better to offer to the argument.

19. ChedWick

In my eyes rape victims have 5 weeks to take action and rid themselves of a parasite. To me, until that clump of cells develops a beating heart it isn't human life. Five weeks in plenty of time too.

20. the jman

the jman Ak47 I choose you!

fetusus is part of the living body, the bigger pictue in devolpoment.