• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abortion, Right or Wrong?

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
So your saying it's murder to kill a baby if you knowingly got pregnant but it's not if you get raped? you sound very naive.

Okay let me revise that, I think abortition should be the last option for someone who is pregnant. There are people/clinics who would take your baby happily. You shouldn't of got knocked up in the first place. But if you got raped or etc, then it should be a realistic/or only option.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
Okay let me revise that, I think abortition should be the last option for someone who is pregnant. There are people/clinics who would take your baby happily. You shouldn't of got knocked up in the first place. But if you got raped or etc, then it should be a realistic/or only option.

As i've said if every woman who got pregnant by accident had her baby then there would be a large amount of abused and unwanted children, abortion keeps the already too high population down.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
So your saying the more advanced someone is, they deserve to live more. The killing of a born child isn't any different than an abortion. Just because something went through a vagina doesn't magically make it alive. It was alive beforehand; it was also human beforehand.

The killing of a born child is much different than an abortion. The child has been born into rights that protect it and the mother decided to keep the child. It being alive is a matter of opinion as we don't know how alive it really is. It doesn't get the ability to physically feel until after the 3rd trimester starts and even then it is limited. Human - sure why not. Person - no. If it was a person like us whod eserved to live, it would be bound by the same laws as us which, in a womb, is impossible to do.

The state is designed to protect rights, not to decide who gets them.

Oh, you and your crazy fantasies.

You don't protect anyone by killing them; only the mother is protected from a short 9 month hardship. 9 months compares nothing to a lifetime.

9 months of labor pains, 18 years of raising the child and feeding it, giving it financial support. Yeah, the mother is only protecting herself for 9 months; that's assuming she'll give it up for adoption.

she had to put up with pains for 9 months and feeding you for 18 years. Why doesn't she reserve the right to kill you? Because of your own interpretation of what is human? Why should your mother consider you human; by what the state says? You are still underdeveloped. She reserves the right to kill you.

Feeding off her body and feeding off the meal that she prepares for you at dinner time is really not even the same thing. She doesn't reserve the right because now her child is a person and was born into the rights the Constitution established for every person born in the US.

Really, anyone with home internet doesn't know shit about suffering.

Oh, yeah, no, apparently watching your father slowly commit suicide and almost losing your mother to cancer doesn't count as suffering. Don't assume shit like that when you have no fucking idea what anyone else here as been through because it just makes you look a complete douchebag. You are no one to tell me what I do and don't know. We can't assume a fetus' quality of life but you can assume ours? Don't fool yourself for one second that you know me or anyone else here. This kind of fucked up, asshole behavior really fucking pisses me off.

Last edited:
So your saying the more advanced someone is, they deserve to live more. The killing of a born child isn't any different than an abortion. Just because something went through a vagina doesn't magically make it alive. It was alive beforehand; it was also human beforehand.

Don't play stupid. That's not what I meant. Once the child is born, it then has it's rights.
This might hurt you, but the truth is, a fetus really has no rights. Doesn't know life outside the mother's stomach. The fetus is basically ..the mother's. If she chooses to abort it, then she's not doing any wrong. She has a good reason for it, instead of bringing another ****ed up child into the world.

I'm sorry, but a fetus growing ..is so not human-like ..I don't see it as a human, until it is ready to be born. So therefore, there's nothing wrong with aborting the thing.

The thing is, you don't know they'll "suffer". Just a guess, but no one has a magical crystal ball that can tell the future. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Their life literally depends on it.

Yeah, maybe they won't suffer. I'm just saying, chances are, if that baby was unwanted from the start ..it'll suffer in some way.
If it ever finds out that it's mother was considering aborting it ..you know how bad that child would be hurt?

And I don't condone it, but the people reserve a right to end their own life by their own hands. If life is bad as you said it was for adopted kids, they would commit suicide. You don't protect anyone by killing them; only the mother is protected from a short 9 month hardship. 9 months compares nothing to a lifetime.

AND LIKE I SAID. The fetus is inside the woman. Therefore, it is her right to decide on it's rights, until it comes out. Once it is born, it has it's rights. It's it's own self. Not attached to the mommy anymore.

Really, not to be mean, the mine arguement sounds like a 4 year old whining over a toy. Why can't the body be both for 9 months?

Just telling the truth man. The fetus is basically a toy. Not exactly. but a toy as in, being the mother's. And the mom can do whatever she chooses with it.

According to the logic of abortion, you are hurting your mother. Really, you should be ashamed of yourself, she had to put up with pains for 9 months and feeding you for 18 years. Why doesn't she reserve the right to kill you? Because of your own interpretation of what is human? Why should your mother consider you human; by what the state says? You are still underdeveloped. She reserves the right to kill you.

You're not your own, when you're inside mommy. Once I came out, I was, am have been my own human. She took care of me, because she wanted me. And she loved me.

Honestly, I've never been pregnant, so I never got the feeling of being able to feel a bond with the fetus inside you. I really don't think woman start to feel any connection with the 'baby' until after it's almost ready to be born.
So when there's no connection people feel with the fetus ..I don't see why there's any problem on 'killing' it ...which isn't really KILLING, because the thing basically has never been alive yet.

And what makes an abortion so glamorous? You kill a human being becuase you were too irresponsible to keep your legs closed (Case for abortion in rape before you say anything) and can somehow tell the future and by your flawed standards their life is not as glamorous as some upper class snob, therefore they should die? People rise from the most modest of origins and can become great. An abortion kills the potential of a human being by a false and/or personal assumption of quality of life. Nearly all of abortions make a flawed and/or personal assumption of life to justify their killing.

AND LIKE I'VE SAID. Don't even mention about people's irresponsibility for having sex. It's sex. It's a way to show affection to your partner. People aren't going to refrain from this, just because they don't want a baby. Sex is for reproduction ...but NOT ALWAYS. It can cause it ..but there's other reasons why people have sex. Which I'm sure you know.
It's fun. It feels good. It's a way to show your love for something. ..And it's ..sex. come on now. o:

Really, anyone with home internet doesn't know shit about suffering. I really wish I could send you guys to Africa and show you real hardship.

who the hell do you think you are. You have no clue who I am. What **** I have been through. How my life is. Really, don't assume things, just because you're mad that I'm all for abortion.

Last edited:

ImJessieTR

I WON'T kiss Ash...
Kyroge35 said:
Show me where this "Right" is.
It's called Patients' Rights.
http://clinicalcenter.nih.gov/participate/patientinfo/legal/bill_of_rights.shtml
Specifically,
link said:
The patient has the right to refuse to participate in research, to refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law, and has the right to be informed of the medical consequences of these actions including possible dismissal from the study and discharge from the institution. If discharge would jeopardize the patient's health, he or she has the right to remain under Clinical Center care until discharge or transfer is medically advisable.
Even in the nursing homes where I worked, for those with only a bit of sanity ... if they refused their meds or something, we were legally unable to give it to them.

Kyroge35 said:
I say you may have the abortion
Thank God I don't need your permission to do what I want with my body.

But people who perform Late Term Abortions are sick and twisted.
Some deformities that will be lethal aren't caught until the late term. There's no point in being born without a brain.

Kit Kat said:
Honestly, I've never been pregnant, so I never got the feeling of being able to feel a bond with the fetus inside you. I really don't think woman start to feel any connection with the 'baby' until after it's almost ready to be born.
I've taken obstretics nursing. My statement wouldn't have been popular in that class, nor do I suspect it'll be popular here ... but I would only count "wanting" the kid BEFORE conception. After that, the woman is trapped by hormonal influences DESIGNED to make her want it. The stories I've heard about women who aborted who suffered grief ignore the fact that hormones made her that way. Heck, even actual live birth make some women severely depressed.

I'm sorry, but who do you think you are. You have no clue who I am. What **** I have been through. How my life is. Really, don't assume things, just because you're mad that I'm all for abortion.
The sad thing is just how it makes me even more certain abortion should be legal. Of course Africans have it worse than most in the US. But I fail to see ?????? address HOW that continent GOT into that situation.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ

So much wrong with this post, covered above though.

The state is designed to protect rights, not to decide who gets them. If they did, white guys would probably still be shipping black folk.

Because we all know the state is entirely made up of racists without a shred of common decency.

The thing is, you don't know they'll "suffer". Just a guess, but no one has a magical crystal ball that can tell the future. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Their life literally depends on it.

Oh okay, so they only MIGHT suffer. Here's the thing. The mother WILL suffer. In a case where the delivery could kill the mother, abortion should be an option.

And I don't condone it, but the people reserve a right to end their own life by their own hands. If life is bad as you said it was for adopted kids, they would commit suicide. You don't protect anyone by killing them; only the mother is protected from a short 9 month hardship. 9 months compares nothing to a lifetime.

Oh, awesome.

So a poor mother without enough money to care for her kid, who has to go through 9 months of pregnancy, the pain of childbirth, and the 18 years of feeding and financing the kid, yet can't, shouldn't be allowed to stop it from happening.

But when the mother pops out the kid it's okay for her (or whoever the kid may be adopted out to) to spend 15 years of her life or however long and let all that pain and hardship go to waste when the kid kills himself.

I like your logic.

Really, not to be mean, the mine arguement sounds like a 4 year old whining over a toy. Why can't the body be both for 9 months?

Because it's not. The fetus can't make a decision. It doesn't feel pain. It doesn't contribute to the mother until it's born. It is a leech in every sense of the word, and if the mother can't afford to care for the kid, abortion should be an option.

According to the logic of abortion, you are hurting your mother. Really, you should be ashamed of yourself, she had to put up with pains for 9 months and feeding you for 18 years. Why doesn't she reserve the right to kill you? Because of your own interpretation of what is human? Why should your mother consider you human; by what the state says? You are still underdeveloped. She reserves the right to kill you.

Except I can feel pain, I can contribute to society right now, and my mother must want me, seeing as how I've lived as long as I have.

Suicide is someone's own choice. Abortion is not.

Can the fetus make a choice? Because I'd really like to see a fetus up and say "hey guys don't abort me".

If life for orphans is so bad, then why aren't rates of abortions matched with those of suicide?

What?

What is so bad in suffering? If you live, you suffer regardless. If you cared about suffering, you would do the would a favor and destroy it to end the suffering. Justification of abortion due to suffering is invalid becuase life is and always will be full of "suffering".

And limiting this suffering is bad because.

I see people walking over 10 miles for water 1st world people would consider their sewage waste. Their lives are literally shitty. You really think life in the US and Western Europe is that bad? That is blindness. If life was so bad that people have to commit suicide to get out, then suicide rates would be over the roof in 3rd world countries. Life is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

I don't see what this has to do with anything. Our lives aren't as bad as those of people in third-world countries, no. But you make it sound as if to make up for it we should suffer more.

And what makes an abortion so glamorous?

Who the hell says abortion is glamorous? I'd like to meet these people who say abortion is glamorous.

You kill a human being becuase you were too irresponsible to keep your legs closed (Case for abortion in rape before you say anything)

Contraceptives are not 100% effective and likely never will be. Condoms can break. Pills can just not work, or be taken at the wrong times, forgotten about, etc. Morning after pills, same thing. You are not going to completely avoid accidental pregnancies unless everyone stops having sex period, and trust me, that is not gonna happen.

and can somehow tell the future and by your flawed standards their life is not as glamorous as some upper class snob, therefore they should die?People rise from the most modest of origins and can become great. An abortion kills the potential of a human being by a false and/or personal assumption of quality of life. Nearly all of abortions make a flawed and/or personal assumption of life to justify their killing.

"Blah blah blah that aborted kid coulda been the next Gandhi or the next Martin Luther King"

That kid could also be the next Stalin, or the next Pol Pot.

Or, more likely, they could just be another average citizen.

This point is a failure.

I do not condone suicide.

Non-Contradiction Award.

First of all, your putting words in my mouth. I would help with hesitation to improve a life.

Either you missed a word or the point.

Secondly, you are no one to determine miserability. People have gone, are going through, and will go through much worse and are perfectly happy about their situation. The flawed, 1st world assumption about misery is really laughable. Thirdly, people reserve a right to end their own life. If their life is a horrid as you make it out to be, suicides rates would be through the roof. They are not, so justification of abortion due to suffering is flawed.

Really, anyone with home internet doesn't know shit about suffering. I really wish I could send you guys to Africa and show you real hardship.

My grandmother died before my eyes. I was 9.

My little brother was diagnosed with a hole in his heart at a week old. I was 10.

Said brother spent almost the whole first year of his life in the hospital.

And you have the FUCKING gall to make such an assumption.

No, I don't have it as bad as in third-world countries. NO ONE IS CLAIMING THAT WE DO. The suffering of those people is not significant in a debate about abortion. We are not talking about the suffering of children in Uganda. We are talking about the suffering of US.

So before you make such an assumption, kindly shut the everloving fuck up.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
So, another abortion debate that's probably going nowhere but, what the hell I might as well. Well i think under certain circumstances abortion is needed such as the death of the mother resulting from the birth of the child or if it was a rape. However, having an abortion just for the sake of an abortion is wrong. Also the should not allow late term abortions in no way shape or form.

My grandmother died before my eyes. I was 9.

My little brother was diagnosed with a hole in his heart at a week old. I was 10.

Said brother spent almost the whole first year of his life in the hospital.

And you have the FUCKING gall to make such an assumption.

No, I don't have it as bad as in third-world countries. NO ONE IS CLAIMING THAT WE DO. The suffering of those people is not significant in a debate about abortion. We are not talking about the suffering of children in Uganda. We are talking about the suffering of US.

So before you make such an assumption, kindly shut the everloving fuck up.

Well, I find it funny that you get mad at a comment not even directed at you. However, every one had a hard life growing up no matter what anyone says, so you truly don't have the authority to measure miserability and neither do I. You basically feel because of the life you had you should be put on a pedastal for judging miserability and you don't

So, another abortion debate that's probably going nowhere but, what the hell I might as well. Well i think under certain circumstances abortion is needed such as the death of the mother resulting from the birth of the child or if it was a rape. However, having an abortion just for the sake of an abortion is wrong. Also the should not allow late term abortions in no way shape or form.

Well, I find it funny that you get mad at a comment not even directed at you. However, every one had a hard life growing up no matter what anyone says, so you truly don't have the authority to measure miserability and neither do I. You basically feel because of the life you had you should be put on a pedastal for judging miserability and you don't
You do know that most late term abortions are performed because it's often the baby will be VERY sick, or will die.
There was a woman who on CNN had a late term abortion because her fetus was developing without a brain. She should go through the pregnancy, why? If you find out your fetus is developing without limbs, without vital organs, why should a woman give birth to the child? Why should she end up paying hundreds of thousands of medical bills when her child will likely die in a short time?

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
You do know that most late term abortions are performed because it's often the baby will be VERY sick, or will die.
There was a woman who on CNN had a late term abortion because her fetus was developing without a brain. She should go through the pregnancy, why? If you find out your fetus is developing without limbs, without vital organs, why should a woman give birth to the child? Why should she end up paying hundreds of thousands of medical bills when her child will likely die in a short time?

Well, I didn't know that could happen....I mean without the brain thing. So, I stand corrected.

Well, I didn't know that could happen....I mean without the brain thing. So, I stand corrected.
Lol, that's alright. ;) Almost anything can happen in medicine and science. I think a common misconception about late term abortions (not saying this applies to you), is that people think it's a woman aborting a baby that is a week away from the delivery date. There are only a handful of late term abortion clinics in America, and the doctors there will not allow the woman to have one without good reason, and it definitely won't happen THAT late in the pregnancy. The procedure is also done differently in which a woman usually takes a pill to slow down the heartbeat of the fetus until it passes away, and then she delivers a still born. If I'm wrong about any of this, someone can feel free to correct me. :)

Erienne

Anime high :D
Lol, that's alright. ;) Almost anything can happen in medicine and science. I think a common misconception about late term abortions (not saying this applies to you), is that people think it's a woman aborting a baby that is a week away from the delivery date. There are only a handful of late term abortion clinics in America, and the doctors there will not allow the woman to have one without good reason, and it definitely won't happen THAT late in the pregnancy. The procedure is also done differently in which a woman usually takes a pill to slow down the heartbeat of the fetus until it passes away, and then she delivers a still born. If I'm wrong about any of this, someone can feel free to correct me. :)

I think you're right, and late term abortions without necessity are wrong. When the baby is conscious, it becomes a living being, and it is wrong to kill a living being.

what do people that are pro-life have to say about aborting babies with diseases?

If a child has down syndrome should it be aborted?

SnorlaxInSlacks

Come here kiddies...
Regular Abortions as regular birth-control? Hell no.

Late term abortions? ...Eh.

But otherwise, absolutley. A woman has the right to decide what grows in her or not.

Zing

I am Pro Choice. I see nothing wrong with a woman aborting an unborn child before it becomes a fully developed human being. As far as late term abortions go, I think that they should only be performed if the child is severally deformed (such as this girl. In my opinion, it is better to kill someone like this than to force him or her to live through a nightmare in which he or she will continually suffer), will die upon being born, or if giving birth to the child will endanger the mother's life.

Last edited:

??????

That guy.
Too many replies....

You support, or wouldn't oppose it, considering your former post.
I wouldn't oppose it becuase it is a personal choice.

Seems like in your former post you connotated "if their life is shitty let them kill themselves". Doesn't seem like you're doing much for the cause.
True, but I would love to help someone going through suicide.

And now you're putting words into my mouth, by saying I am undermining 1st world lives. What the hell?
I didn't even mention that. :/
No, I didn't say that. I said that life in a 1st world country is not miserable, and people in 3rd world countries have it much worse and don't have suicide rates as high as 1st world countries. If life was a miserable in US and Europe as you people claim it to be, suicide rates in 3rd world countries would be out the roof. If the rates of abortion really reflected miserability, then 3rd world countries would have much more abortions.

Look, you don't know me, and therefore can't say I have no idea of what a "1st world" country's suffering is like k? Not at thispoint in time am I facing all the "suffering" but for a fact my ancestors sure as hell did.
Are you your ancestors? I don't know you, but I can guarantee what you're going through is nothing compared to the hell that the 3rd world is going through today.

Africa isn't the only country with "real hardship", by the way. urgh :/
Yeah, people in US have it hard. That economy took away their heath benefits, oh no! And I'm not referring to only Africa, but the 3rd world in general.

People in Africa have to walk hundreds of miles to get to a overcrowded clinic. How's that for healthcare?

YOU are no one to judge people on their knowledge, of the suffering they know.
Neither are you or the mother of an unborn child. Only the child can determine if his or her suffering is that bad.

Only if the baby/toddler/child/teen/adult is feeding off of the mother. Giving the kid some cereal in the morning is not NEARLY the same thing as taking our blood supply.
Same thing pretty much. The child still feeds off you regardless.

You have no problem telling us women, who have rights, what quality of life we can have.
I never told you what quality of life you should live. I said only the liver of the life can determine its quality. People can be happy in the most horrid situations.

And why should you have rights if you take away those of others?

Do you know WHY their lives are that way? Because, for starters, the amount of people outstripped the environment's support systems. Yes, the US has it better than Africa. However, Africa pretty much proves the point that giving birth is not always a good idea.
If it isn't a good idea, then the rate of abortion in places life Africa would be much higher than that of the US. Giving birth isn't a good idea, but unfortunately, people are stupid and sex-driven.

The killing of a born child is much different than an abortion. The child has been born into rights that protect it and the mother decided to keep the child. It being alive is a matter of opinion as we don't know how alive it really is. It doesn't get the ability to physically feel until after the 3rd trimester starts and even then it is limited. Human - sure why not. Person - no. If it was a person like us whod eserved to live, it would be bound by the same laws as us which, in a womb, is impossible to do.
Pain and felling do not make a human. The 46 human chromosomes of a person make a person. If I gave you some pain pills to dull your senses, do I then have the right to kill you? And being bound by laws makes you human? Then I cannot still be a human if I don't live in a country.

Of course Africans have it worse than most in the US. But I fail to see ?????? address HOW that continent GOT into that situation.
It is not relevant at all.

Oh, you and your crazy fantasies.
Read up on your history. The US split from Britain becuase they didn't recognize their rights. The rights the US wanted were described in the Declaration of Independence as Natural Rights. The government doesn't give anyone rights. It only protects them.

The job of the government is not to grant rights, but to protect them. If the government gave and protected rights, they would eventually become corrupt, which is exactly what is happening.

9 months of labor pains, 18 years of raising the child and feeding it, giving it financial support. Yeah, the mother is only protecting herself for 9 months; that's assuming she'll give it up for adoption.
It's the mother's fault if she doesn't. If she doesn't want the child then she should give it up.

Feeding off her body and feeding off the meal that she prepares for you at dinner time is really not even the same thing. She doesn't reserve the right because now her child is a person and was born into the rights the Constitution established for every person born in the US.
The Constitution doesn't establish rights, and it also doesn't establish what a human is. Rights are natural, and people have the 46 human chromosomes.

Oh, yeah, no, apparently watching your father slowly commit suicide and almost losing your mother to cancer doesn't count as suffering. Don't assume **** like that when you have no ****ing idea what anyone else here as been through because it just makes you look a complete douchebag. You are no one to tell me what I do and don't know. We can't assume a fetus' quality of life but you can assume ours? Don't fool yourself for one second that you know me or anyone else here. This kind of ****ed up, ******* behavior really ****ing pisses me off.
You're saying that you're life is worse than those in a 3rd world country? I hate to diminish your suffering, but this is quite commonplace where I come from. And they are still "happier" than you "suffering" people.

If any assumption of quality of life actually can be made, the actual 1st-3rd world classification is pretty accurate. I can't assume your suffering, but I can assume that people in 3rd world countries have it worse than you. And they still don't get abortion to supposedly "stop their suffering".

Because we all know the state is entirely made up of racists without a shred of common decency.
Read up on history.

Who the hell says abortion is glamorous? I'd like to meet these people who say abortion is glamorous.
You advocate it in place of suffering, which will always exist regardless.

So before you make such an assumption, kindly shut the everloving **** up.
I suppose you should do the same. See what it's like when the quality of your life is assumed?

"Blah blah blah that aborted kid coulda been the next Gandhi or the next Martin Luther King"

That kid could also be the next Stalin, or the next Pol Pot.

Or, more likely, they could just be another average citizen.

This point is a failure.
It only fails when you can tell the future of a child. Assuming the quality of someone else's life fails. If you really think that abortion is valid in that situation, go set up an abortion clinic in Africa. They "have no future".

Oh okay, so they only MIGHT suffer. Here's the thing. The mother WILL suffer. In a case where the delivery could kill the mother, abortion should be an option.
I agree with you here.

I don't see what this has to do with anything. Our lives aren't as bad as those of people in third-world countries, no. But you make it sound as if to make up for it we should suffer more.
My point of giving my account of 3rd world life is not to make you feel sorry, but to show that people don't have abortion in the face of even worse suffering, and these people are happy. The argument for abortion for suffering is flawed in many places because not only will people always suffer, but becuase people suffer more and are still happy.

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Neither are you or the mother of an unborn child. Only the child can determine if his or her suffering is that bad.

That unborn child can't make make any kind of decision. The mother is in control of that child. It is her unborn child in her body. She has control.

Same thing pretty much. The child still feeds off you regardless.

But in completely different ways. The child feeds directly off their mother's body. But giving him cereal is eating off the cereal supply, not a human body.

Read up on your history. The US split from Britain becuase they didn't recognize their rights. The rights the US wanted were described in the Declaration of Independence as Natural Rights. The government doesn't give anyone rights. It only protects them.

The job of the government is not to grant rights, but to protect them. If the government gave and protected rights, they would eventually become corrupt, which is exactly what is happening.

Which was exactly my point.

It's the mother's fault if she doesn't. If she doesn't want the child then she should give it up.

Great. But she is the one who decides how to give it up.

You're saying that you're life is worse than those in a 3rd world country? I hate to diminish your suffering, but this is quite commonplace where I come from. And they are still "happier" than you "suffering" people.

I never said that my quality of life is worse than a 3rd world country and it is impossible too because they are two different kinds of suffering. 3rd world coutnries have little to supply their physical needs. 1st world coutnries do. Please live through my childhood and then compare my emotional suffering to their physical suffering. Sound like the same kind of suffering? Don't assume anything, no matter what it is about. You don't know who we are or what kind of suffering we've faced.

I suppose you should do the same. See what it's like when the quality of your life is assumed?

Opening up emotional scars of the people here is not the same as a fetus who hasn't experienced anything.

Assuming the quality of someone else's life fails.

You seem to walk an awkward line as you've jsut assumed the quality of life for everyone here.

Ryn

Growlithe Lover
I am pro-choice. Not to say the fetuses aren't human, but really they DO NOT have rights. They are a part of the mother's body, and she has a right to do with it as she sees fit. And as a victim of rape and having to face this decision myself... it's hard. People don't do it willy-nilly for the PLEASURE of it. It's devastating. But sometimes you cannot support a child. And even if you put it up for adoption, it's going into the system. The system, to put it plainly, has ****ed up more children than not.

My mother had a friend who didn't believe in abortion. Who didn't believe in getting her baby checked while it was in utero. She carried the baby full-term, had it, and guess what. It had no brain. Literally. So she carried this child for nine months, expected it to be alive and healthy, and instead she gave birth to a corpse.

How is abortion not right then.

Late-term abortions however, no (unless the mother's life is at risk or there's something extremely wrong with the child). That is sick and disgusting. If the child can live outside the mother's womb on it's own, don't get it aborted. That's murder.

ZarraWolf

Why take action when the damage is already done? Spay or neuter your child BEFORE they can get pregnant! That would really solve the population problem.

ImJessieTR

I WON'T kiss Ash...
ZarraWolf said:
Why take action when the damage is already done? Spay or neuter your child BEFORE they can get pregnant! That would really solve the population problem.

Exactly. :p

Of course, then you'd have a bunch of BOYS and girls complaining about having their rights violated. Since boys would be under that rule too, you'll never see this quite rational solution happen. :D

Steelers_Fan

hiding in your mind
Maybe i was a lil harsh, this subject just makes me mad.
I mean some women just get abortions and keep having unprotected sex and get more, i like the point of only doing it if they are developing without a brain/lungs or have them developing outside the body. But if its missing a hand or fingers keep it, they wont be that much of an outcast.

And a kick to the groin can scar and make the man parts curved where the scar tissue is, go ahead and tell me thats better then frikin strech marks!!!