• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abortion, Right or Wrong?

Rezon

Banned
Yes the big question. Everyone has there opinion on it so why should Serebii members? Most of the people you meet wil say its wrong. I personally do not have an answer because there are certain circumstances.
Some of these circumstances could be that Condoms are only 98% effective. Others could be the parents are to young or are to poor.
Then there are reasons that I think are not acceptable. For example, a couple that doesn't use condoms or any source of protection. This is there own fault and should have been expecting it.

Overall I'd say I am now pro choice.

But the big question is how do you feel?

Last edited:

Erienne

Anime high :D
I'm pro-choice, considering a foetus isn't even conscious until around 20 weeks. After 20 weeks, however, it should only be aborted if it puts the woman's life at risk.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Abortion is 100% right, but the couple should have to pay for the abortion.
Honestly it's fine to say "oh they should have used protection" but protection doesn't always work, not to mention the pair shouldn't have to pay for a mistake for the rest of their life.
Besides, if they have to pay for the abortion, it will stop people not using protection for the sake of it, as it'll end up costing a lot.
Also if the child is a mistake and the father doesn't want it he shouldn't have to pay for it.
It's not a baby when they kill it, i don't think it's alive until it knows it's alive. Until it no longer rely's 100% on it's parents, and can actually think. That's when it's alive. Not when it's a lump of cells.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
If the women wants it, its fine.

Its something thats a choice.

I'm fine with it.

I'm pro-choice. And I'm all for everyone's opinions, but I gotta say that these pro-life people sure know how to irk me loads. D:

A woman has every right to do what she wants to her 'fetus' (..not human yet, yes yes.)
Pregnancy happens. People aren't going to not have sex, just because they don't want children ..I MEAN COME ON. o: Who doesn't want sex? ahahaha.
But yeah. That's a big reason why condoms and birth control were made, so people could have sex, without getting pregnant.

And think of the women who choose to get abortions. I'm pretty sure most of them have their reasons. One being, they're young and/or can't give the child the right suport/love/life.
Two ..maybe the woman is a druggie/alcoholic. You don't want a poor baby being born into a life like that.

People really need to get over their stubborn thoughts about abortion. OMG YOU KILL A PERSONZ! OMG.
WHO CARES.
People die every second. You don't make big deals out of that. And if a person has an abortion early ..the fetus has no brain. no feelings. it doesn't know anything. so it's basically like throwing out a broken toy or something.

D: Besides. This world is over-populated. So I'm all for abortions wohoo.

And just saying. If I got pregnant anytime soon ...abortion would be my first though. And I wouldn't have any regrets. x] OMG I'M HEARTLESS! I KILL FETUSESSSSS! D: D:

Last edited:

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
I couldn't care less. Why? It's not my place to judge. I'm not the pregnant the woman. I don't know her reasons for wanting to abort, I don't know her current situation and I don't know if she has the ability to take care of a child. That's what I think everybody should think: it's not their business. Besides, the abortion rate is nothing compared to the birth rate. In fact, abortion is at it's lowest number since 1974 at 1.2 million abortions. Source 1. Source 2, Source 3. On the flipside, child birth is going up, with Alaska havign the largest increase (we're all looking at you, Bristol.) Source 4

I won't even get into "The fetus isn't really a human" argument because it's really all opinion and semantics on that matter.

If abortion is so wrong, we should probably prohibit cigarettes, alcohol, etc. as those things are ahrmful to the baby and, when used in excess, miscarriage can happen. And we should stop funding schools and use tax payer money to find a way to decrease the rates of miscarriages.

Last edited:

Rezon

Banned
Alright surprisingly already some of you have changed my mind. I can understand how it would be good considering we are becoming overpopulated fast but I also agree that they should have to pay to do it.

??????

That guy.
It kills an innocent person. Don't give me that "It's not a person crap", the fetus has human DNA, which makes a person a person. The DNA also differs from the mother, so the claim "Its the mothers body" is wrong as well. 9 months of hardship won't kill you. The only time when I would see it as acceptable would be in case of rape or incest.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
im pro-choice, its a womens decision whether or not she gives birth to another life, and IMO i dont think a guy should have that much say in what happens (no offense) but theyre not the ones having to go through something that hurts like hell. Its a womens decision and they should have the right. A government (when most of leaders are probably male) shouldnt be able to decide whether a 15 year old should have to give birth or not, or even if a 25 year old should. Its the womens choice to do whatever she want with her body

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
im pro-choice, its a womens decision whether or not she gives birth to another life, and IMO i dont think a guy should have that much say in what happens (no offense) but theyre not the ones having to go through something that hurts like hell. Its a womens decision and they should have the right. A government (when most of leaders are probably male) shouldnt be able to decide whether a 15 year old should have to give birth or not, or even if a 25 year old should. Its the womens choice to do whatever she want with her body

It's a human life, like ?????? said, don't give me the crap, "It's not human yet."

Personally, it should only be used in case of rape and any other forced sexual activities, other than that have the baby.

It kills an innocent person. Don't give me that "It's not a person crap", the fetus has human DNA, which makes a person a person. The DNA also differs from the mother, so the claim "Its the mothers body" is wrong as well. 9 months of hardship won't kill you. The only time when I would see it as acceptable would be in case of rape or incest.

Even if the fetus is somewhat alive. who really cares. The fetus has no rights. Sorry, but it doesn't. It hasn't come into this shitty life yet. Therefore, the mother can decide if she wants it or not.

A fetus isn't going to decide for me, sorry. :\ No woman should be harrassed for wanting to abort their un-living blobthing.

If a child is going to end up living a terrible life, it'd rather be aborted when it doesn't know anything ....rather than having to live in a shithole like the rest of us. D:

And I don't think I am heartless for this. Really. If you think I am, then so be it. ;3 This is my fact ...opinion. Love it or hate it.

ImJessieTR

I WON'T kiss Ash...
A fetus is barely VIABLE at 20 weeks. That ONLY means there's a chance at all the fetus will live outside the mother's womb if they have to be pulled early. And you can expect lengthy stays in the NICU if it's done.

I'm pro-choice. It's not my job to judge a woman (I'm female) who has to make an important decision. I don't have some illogical and unproven idea that a fusion of egg and sperm equates sentience. The man, assuming forced sex wasn't involved (or even any other kind of abuse), responsible should definitely have no say in the matter. Without abuse, considering it's we women who have to "bear" the burden while all he gets is some quickie, the man really, in my opinion, has no say whatsoever in female affairs. If he wants the child so badly, find him an artificial womb and let HIM take care of it. Let it feed off of HIS body. Then it will be "fair".

I don't want children. Ever. At all. I would rather have a hysterectomy than have one.

edit:

Yes, it has human DNA. So does a corpse. So what?

It is of the human species. It is alive (even amoebas are that). What it is NOT is sentient. At all. For the sense of self to be recognized, humans must be at least 1-2 years of age post-birth. The US Constitution declares you a person if you are BORN. And risking this causing a religious flame war, the bible doesn't care nearly as much for the fetus (penalty for harming: a small fine) as the pregnant woman (penalty for harming: death).

Last edited:

Erienne

My bed also has my DNA. Skin flakes off every day, carrying my DNA. Yet I clean it and *kill* it (it's already dead though). Anything that comes from you or you are on has your DNA. So is it wrong to kill/clean/destroy it? I mean, it has human DNA on it.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
My bed also has my DNA. Skin flakes off every day, carrying my DNA. Yet I clean it and *kill* it (it's already dead though). Anything that comes from you or you are on has your DNA. So is it wrong to kill/clean/destroy it? I mean, it has human DNA on it.

But those arn't going to evolve into a human being. A fetus, last time I checked, is.

I'm pro-choice.

I believe an individual should be able to do with their bodies as they please.

It's not the governments job to shove its nose in you own personal matters.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

Well but it's not just the 9 months of pregnancy but the 18 years of taking care of it. You don't know the mother's personal, emotional, mental and financial situation. Besides it's tehcnically not a fetus until the end of the eighth week and it's not a person until it is fully developed and born as a person is defined as a man, woman, or child. While int he womb it is technically not any of these, but a fetus (although I don't personally like late-term abortion, but again it's not my choice.) Plus, it isn't your body or your decision or your fetus. I really don't think anyone has a say what a mother does with her body and fetus.

Last edited:

Erienne

But those arn't going to evolve into a human being. A fetus, last time I checked, is.

I could take it and clone it. What then? :p

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
I could take it and clone it. What then? :p

lol

Oh nice joke, last time I checked scientist couldn't do that with humans.

And for the people that say "Don't tell me it isn't a human" I say: "Don't tell me adoption is the solution"

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
It's a human life, like ?????? said, don't give me the crap, "It's not human yet."

Personally, it should only be used in case of rape and any other forced sexual activities, other than that have the baby.

i didnt say it was human yet (which scientifically speaking Its not...)
yeah definetly in the case of rape and forced sexual activities, but If a women wants an abortion its her choice, shes not making anyone else's choice, just her own, and no-one can force her to give birth
I don't like the whole late term abortion thing, it makes me sad, but its no-one elses descision but the mothers. thats that you or me and no-one else can do anything about someones personal desicion. What do you think a government should say " All pregnant women must sit through Nine months of discompfort, then give birth, then take care of a child for the next 18 years atleast, and theirs nothing you can do about it " yeah thats nice.