• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abortion, Right or Wrong?

Kit Kat, I am extremely proud of you. I mean to achieve that level of heartlessness is just amazing. Honestly, you don't feel at all bad that it is depriving a child of a life?
*Please, people, I'm begging you to come up with other arguements besides that it has no rights, it is the women's choice, ect., yadda yadda yadda

Pikapalo

Kit Kat, I am extremely proud of you. I mean to achieve that level of heartlessness is just amazing. Honestly, you don't feel at all bad that it is depriving a child of a life?
*Please, people, I'm begging you to come up with other arguements besides that it has no rights, it is the women's choice, ect., yadda yadda yadda

Technically, a new born baby has no rights as well under the current laws of personage. It is neither fully developed or sentient enough to be considered a person, but by all means it has more rights than an internal fetus despite the fact it's just as much a of a parasitic life form for an adult female human. The whole system is hypocritical, and cannot work.

Is abortion right? No.

Should it be legal? Yes. Humans are faulty and forcing people underground for abortion operations only causes more harm.

dracoburn

Lance's protege

um, here goes-
theres a decent chance the baby will have serious problems, especially if its mother is teenage or a druggie
itd be in much worse shape if it was born and suffered until its death
the worlds too overpopulated to begin with
it puts great stress on the father too, unless it was a rape instead
the pregnancy/birth could potentially kill the mother

Though it's inside the woman, it isn't the woman itself, it has its own right to live instead of being killed off before getting its first breath of air.

It's basically attached to her insides. It's not it's own person yet.
IMO of course ..gotta say that.

Thanks love.
but I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I truly don't find myself heartless at all. I'm a pretty damn emotional, sympathetic person actually.

I don't really see how believing abortion is right makes me heartless.
I honestly don't believe there's anything that horrible about 'killing' a fetus.

"DEPRIVING A CHILD OF LIFE."
ahahah why don't you guys get some other arguments, besides 'adoption, THAT CHILD COULD BECOME A GENIUS, and..."EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO LIFE!" D;

I mean ..basically every month when a chick has her period, there's a child-that-could-have-been GONE. what about them? SHOULDN'T THOSE EGGS ALL HAVE RIGHTS TO LIFE? D:

Sigh, someone should call the grammar Nazi's, And nobody even bothered to read my posts :(. I'm for abortion IF there the baby/mother is endangered and in the case of rape. And the chance of birth defects is not as huge as you people are making it sound. Believe it or not, not all people who get knocked up are druggies. The world's overpopulated so everyone kill the babies! That is the worst excuse for a point I've ever seen
Kit Kat: As I said before, read my other posts. I actually have a different arguement

Last edited:

dracoburn

Lance's protege
Sigh, someone should call the grammar Nazi's, And nobody even bothered to read my posts :(. I'm for abortion IF there the baby/mother is endangered and in the case of rape. And the chance of birth defects is not as huge as you people are making it sound. Believe it or not, not all people who get knocked up are druggies. The world's overpopulated so everyone kill the babies! That is the worst excuse for a point I've ever seen

would you prefer it if we killed the old people? aww, im gonna miss my grandpa. oh well, if have to to open the worlds eyes to the merits of abortion... *tear, tear*.
noooooo! you wouldnt want that, would you? didnt think so.

Incidentally, that's excactly what our new health care plan is doing, Draco! Problem solved. Seriously, though, where are you getting these arguements that I wanted to kill anybody at all? The voices in your head?

dracoburn

Lance's protege
hmm, maybe, thanks for pointing that out. do you read minds, lb? because as it happens i am schizophrenic. thank you for bringing my secret out in the open!

i never said you wanted people to die, per se. what im saying is that the world is overpopulated and were in trouble regardless. but abortion most certainly helps prevent more unwanted and unneeded children joining society.

Exactly where is your source that is telling you the world is overpopulated. In fact, if Japan fails to raise its average birth rate, it will have under 500 people by the year 3000

dracoburn

Lance's protege
good. hopefully the rest of the world will soon follow their lead.
you ever been to new york city? china? look at our monkey cousins! do they live shoulder to shoulder? no. they live in smaller groups. safer groups. a superflu could kill us all. thats just not natural.

SWEETCHERRYB

pure hearted girl!:)
he's gotta point there. abortion is basically an evil process that just destroys life. i wouldn't want to kill anyone unless it was self defense. what's the point in killing something so little and helpless that it can't even defend itself. the world isn't over populated by humans. there are more pigs then humans in the world. pigs are useless trash compactors. but a baby is something special... something that should be taken care of. back in the past people would think you are evil since people were smarter back then. the way abortionists talk about humans is like saying we are the most vile scumbags on the planet. oh and not everyone's birth defects are caused by drugs, but alchohol, parasites and many other reasons! so honestly you should be more connsiderate. i had a friend who once wanted to kill everyone on earth except for himself and a few friends. he changed his ways after realizing what his penalty would be. not even jesus would save 1 man who just killed the other population of the entire human race. he would have to spend an eternity in hell. so abortion is like saying " kill a baby now and get paid to do it! it's perfectly legal and free of charge," then you use this chance just to make the mother feel worse. in an abortion clinic nobody comes and leaves happy because they know that they took an innocent life that could not even defend itself.

Please tell me that wasn't sarcasm, SWEETCHERRYB I hate sarcasm. Anyways, the world is not overpopulated. It's just the push and pull factors that make people crowd into one spot. I'm sure you know about push and pull factors. It takes a smaller space than Japan to fit 6 billion people actually

People in this thread fail to realize that abortions aren't an easy choice. It's not a picnic in the park. :/ Most women who get them get them for good reasons, as they know the adoption system is a failure and if they're poor, they can't provide for their child.

The world we live in today is shallow and materialistic. This isn't the olden days where everyone gathers around and finds happiness in their sorrows and sings an old fashioned camp song.

So looking at the world with rose tinted glasses won't help much. Yes, horrible things happen in life everyday. We can't prevent and make a law for each and every one of them. It's just one of those facts of life. If a woman wants to have an abortion, she'll have one - legal or not.

Last edited:

dracoburn

Lance's protege
"fitting" is different from "being comfortable"
really, a superflu can do it, it can kill us all. so youre saying that youd rather save some babies than quite a few people?

also, somewhat unrelated but i know i cant really reach you with that^ argument, you wont listen to my points, but...
think on this- many parents are absolutely terrible at dealing with stress. should a child be born into a family that will or may shake it within its first few months of "real" life? i think itd be better off to die in the womb than to die in its parents hands.

Try not to make such crass assumptions and actually try making a point, Carlisle
I am making a point, you twit. The message is that people need to realize horrible things happen everyday, and that adoption is a failed system that isn't some magical quick fix like how many "pro-life" people make it out to be.

SWEETCHERRYB

pure hearted girl!:)
sorry i don't. i don't live in cival places like you. and honestly japan is over crowded because of thier laws. it's thier own stupid fault for thier situation. i may not be smart but at least i'm not a monster like you. i know where my heart stands, wheres yours?

sorry i don't. i don't live in cival places like you. and honestly japan is over crowded because of thier laws. it's thier own stupid fault for thier situation. i may not be smart but at least i'm not a monster like you. i know where my heart stands, wheres yours?
You'd think someone with a heart like your's wouldn't be judgmental and out calling people with different beliefs "monsters."

I AM listening to your points, Draco. My point is that the world is simply not overpopulated. And your saying that letting a kid die is better than letting it live but have a rough few months? It might shake it? Please tell me you mean emotionally.
Carlisle, don't insult me. I never said adoption was a quick fix. In fact it is probably even harder to do than getting an abortion.

dracoburn

Lance's protege
I AM listening to your points, Draco. My point is that the world is simply not overpopulated. And your saying that letting a kid die is better than letting it live but have a rough few months? It might shake it? Please tell me you mean emotionally.

i will even admit that im using a worst case scenario, thats something that quite often occurs in debates.
i DO have proof as to my argument about global overpopulation. dont be deturbed by my age. though im 15, i have actually taken a college course on anthropology. and during a socratic discussion, a point was made by the professor, a world renowned professor as hes even on the committee that determines which animals are endangered or not (and he also taught the cousteau brothers in marine biology), that the world was "designed"(its most suited for) 2.5 billion humans and we currently have over 6 billion in total. how do those numbers sound to you? id say, um, overpopulated. no, not just overpopulated, extremely, dangerously overpopulated. there. theres your evidence.