• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abortion, Right or Wrong?

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
I guess both
since they have their right to abort if they can't just give birth to that baby, or if they life is at risk
but sometimes I feel kinda sorry knowing that most of the baby's that are aborted aren't guilty to happen them that.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Abortion is wrong cuz God says its wrong u can't just kill ur baby cuz u dont want it thats wrong.

your not killing a baby, you rap artist.

Technically, Abortion isn't killing anything at all, but people shouldn't be getting one willynilly.

ImJessieTR

I WON'T kiss Ash...
lbsweet96 said:
I quoted my case on the previous page. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't think my case has been brought up before.

Sorry, I was unclear. I was hoping you would bring something new to the table that hadn't been said by others thousands of times.

Here's what I want in order to prove to me that abortion is wrong:

1. Scriptural reference should religion be part of your answer.

2. The definition of a person.

3. Evidence that abortion significantly decreases anyone else's life (and I don't mean being harrassed by PL'ers).

4. Evidence that a zygote, an embryo, and a fetus can meet the standards of personhood.

5. A willingness to concede that if undifferentiated cells can be a person, then so can any other barely multicellular organism.

Good luck.

Abortion is wrong cuz God says its wrong u can't just kill ur baby cuz u dont want it thats wrong.

NO.
you fail the thread.
ahahahahaha.

well the thread is already FAIL, but whatevas. D:

God? Who is this god? I'm not sure I've met him. But he must be very super since if he says it's wrong, and you believe it's wrong because he says so. :\

IF YOU WANT TO KILL YOUR FETUS INSIDE YOUR BODY, it's alright. It's not an easy thing for a woman, but they're allowed to do it.

Once it's born, killing it is a horrible thing. D: cause it's actually in life now.

Cuttle

yea......
Abortion is wrong cuz God says its wrong u can't just kill ur baby cuz u dont want it thats wrong
i believe in god and im pro choice, if u have a good reason sexual abuse ,rape, etc.

MCHammer

your not killing a baby, you rap artist.

Technically, Abortion isn't killing anything at all, but people shouldn't be getting one willynilly.

Wow way to use the wrong form of "you're", kiddo.

God? Who is this god? I'm not sure I've met him. But he must be very super since if he says it's wrong, and you believe it's wrong because he says so. :\

IF YOU WANT TO KILL YOUR FETUS INSIDE YOUR BODY, it's alright. It's not an easy thing for a woman, but they're allowed to do it.

Once it's born, killing it is a horrible thing. D: cause it's actually in life now.

Wow just cuz u dont believe in God doesn't mean u have to flame me, jeez.

Why would u not let ur baby be born? Thats just so selfish, i think, unless she got rape, etc., which isn't always true usually its from consensual sex

ChedWick

Wow way to use the wrong form of "you're", kiddo.

Wow just cuz u dont believe in God doesn't mean u have to flame me, jeez.

Why would u not let ur baby be born? Thats just so selfish, i think, unless she got rape, etc., which isn't always true usually its from consensual sex

Really now..... Like, did seriously you insult someone on their improper use of one word that is improperly used on a daily basis by millions? Then turned around and used words like "u" "cuz" and "ur" instead of the proper words? What hypocrisy. Come on dude or should I say kid.

Ah and not to mention attacks based on simple grammar and spelling mistakes as a rebuttal shows 0 intelligence and a great deal of immaturity "kiddo." Do try harder.

Now to keep this on topic I'll contribute something (something you should start doing) and reply to your thoughts or lack there of.

Many people feel that it is not a baby until a certain point in the pregnancy. Much of the debate stems from when people feel the developing clump of cells is a child and no longer just a part of the mothers body and if it should be considered a living being at any point before it is born out of the mother.

Now by your whole god logic even if rape is the case abortion would still be murder. So do go into detail as to why rape is a different case on the grounds of gods wishes and desires.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I really don't see what the big deal is. If a woman needs an abortion, that usually means she's not ready to become a mother yet, so it would probably be kinder just to prevent the baby from having to either:

A) Grow up in an uncaring family.
B) Be abandoned in an orphanage.
c) Just be killed after it's born.

Thunderstorm!!!

Bumbling user
I believe that abortion is only justified in cases of non-consensual rape or if the mother's life is in danger from the pregnancy. If it was the mother's fault that she acted without responsibility by not taking required medications or consenting to sex without precautions, then the mother should take responsibility for the life of the fetus. Same goes for the father: he must support the child.

I personally think that the belief that no life is better than orphanage is wrong. I can't believe that a majority of the orphans agree that they are better off killed than given another chance with a family willing to adopt. Even if one believes so, abortion is draconian in itself, and should be the last option on the table. I'm open to opposition, though.

MCHammer

Really now..... Like, did seriously you insult someone on their improper use of one word that is improperly used on a daily basis by millions? Then turned around and used words like "u" "cuz" and "ur" instead of the proper words? What hypocrisy. Come on dude or should I say kid.

Ah and not to mention attacks based on simple grammar and spelling mistakes as a rebuttal shows 0 intelligence and a great deal of immaturity "kiddo." Do try harder.

Now to keep this on topic I'll contribute something (something you should start doing) and reply to your thoughts or lack there of.

Many people feel that it is not a baby until a certain point in the pregnancy. Much of the debate stems from when people feel the developing clump of cells is a child and no longer just a part of the mothers body and if it should be considered a living being at any point before it is born out of the mother.

Now by your whole god logic even if rape is the case abortion would still be murder. So do go into detail as to why rape is a different case on the grounds of gods wishes and desires.

Well I guess ur a hypocrite too since now ur attacking MY grammar. It's the internet, so deal with it.

Ur still not letting the fetus be born, so ur keeping a life from being lived. That's unfair.

Cuz ppl always say abortions are ok since the women could have been raped, and i was just sayin that most women who get abortions werent raped in the first place. That point had nothing to do with god, I just believe abortion is wrong cuz i'm religious like that, that's the only reason i talked about god in the first place.

ChedWick

Well I guess ur a hypocrite too since now ur attacking MY grammar. It's the internet, so deal with it.

Ur still not letting the fetus be born, so ur keeping a life from being lived. That's unfair.

Cuz ppl always say abortions are ok since the women could have been raped, and i was just sayin that most women who get abortions werent raped in the first place. That point had nothing to do with god, I just believe abortion is wrong cuz i'm religious like that, that's the only reason i talked about god in the first place.

Negative "kiddo" I'm attack you based on your hypocrisy, not your grammar.

So if everyone else started jumping out of ten story buildings you would too? Even if most people who get abortions are not rape victims it does not mean all rape victims do not get abortions (nor does it mean all rape victims do get abortions but that's not the point)

Last edited:

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
So if the mother ate it, would it be more acceptable? I swat flies. I don't eat them. I understand their needed niche in ecology but that doesn't mean I want them bothering me.

What? I was talking about this person who compares abortions to crops and vegetables.

MCHammer

Negative "kiddo" I'm attack you based on your hypocrisy, not your grammar.

So if everyone else started jumping out of ten story buildings you would too? Even if most people who get abortions are not rape victims it does not mean all rape victims do not get abortions (nor does it mean all rape victims do get abortions but that's not the point)

Keep calling me kiddo, please, its super mature.

Lulwut? That point makes no sense and it has nothin to do with my argument, so plz stop wasting my time with ur faulty arguments.

Sorry, I was unclear. I was hoping you would bring something new to the table that hadn't been said by others thousands of times.

Here's what I want in order to prove to me that abortion is wrong:

1. Scriptural reference should religion be part of your answer.

2. The definition of a person.

3. Evidence that abortion significantly decreases anyone else's life (and I don't mean being harrassed by PL'ers).

4. Evidence that a zygote, an embryo, and a fetus can meet the standards of personhood.

5. A willingness to concede that if undifferentiated cells can be a person, then so can any other barely multicellular organism.

Good luck.

Sorry, but are you joking? That is what every person on this thread has been arguing. I can't believe you are actually telling me what to argue. How can you even see the computer screen from all the way up there on your high horse? If you are not willing to defend yourself against every arguement then I'm done with this debate. This thread has gone WAY downhill.

dracoburn

Lance's protege

^ banned because, as i stated before, you need to provide more detail than "god says no.". next time you bring biblical points into it, state it as a "passage ##:## states ---------" instead.

honestly, theres been some research done to prove that god doesnt even exist, and if he does, he probably doesnt much care what we do to ourselves.

also, great use of punctuation. i may be a bit of a hypocrite for this because i dont capitilize or fix some other petty mistakes, but "because" is not spelled "cuz". if you want to sound inteligent, may i suggest that you talk more liek an adult and less liek an infidel? it would help. thank you.
and yes, i know i spell "like" wrong, its for personal reasons that i do so.

Pandeji

USED ULTRASPLASH!!!
"Ur still not letting the fetus be born, so ur keeping a life from being lived. That's unfair." - M.C. Hammer.
So, Hammer, you're saying all people keeping lives from being born are unfair?
Well, in that case, rapists are simply making use of female fertile egg cells and their own semen - A.K.A. He's promoting the living of a life.
By your own argument, rapists are doing the world a favor by promoting life.

And in general, I (amusedly) noticed that people who use "God doesn't like the killing of babies but it's ok if the person was raped" argument tend to completely ignore the whole point of their argument when defending it.

"Why would u not let ur baby be born? Thats just so selfish, i think, unless she got rape, etc.,"
"Now by your whole god logic even if rape is the case abortion would still be murder."
"Ur still not letting the fetus be born, so ur keeping a life from being lived. That's unfair.

Cuz ppl always say abortions are ok since the women could have been raped, and i was just sayin that most women who get abortions werent raped in the first place. That point had nothing to do with god, I just believe abortion is wrong cuz i'm religious like that, that's the only reason i talked about god in the first place."

Yeahhhno.
The reason people avoid answering this stuff is because WE'RE RIGHT.
See how contradictory life can be when you set this whole "always right" "always wrong" B.S.?
By the morals assumed here (that abortion is murder), what happens in the case where the mother would die unless there was an abortion?
What happens then?
If you say it's ok to have an abortion, then you're saying the mother's life is more important than the baby's life. That's not fair.
If you say it's not ok to have an abortion, the mother dies. That's placing the baby's life at higher value than the mother's.
Who's right here?
NOBODY.
To all those making these ultimatums with your "God" and your "right/wrong", STOP.
If I haven't proven to you that the logic you use is flawed, then you need to get off these debate threads and just take a good long look at the idiocy you're believing.

ThePokéman09

Most likely won't be engaging in debates - just passing by.

I personally define a person as someone capable of conscious thought. A sentient being, if you will.

Until the baby becomes sentient, around 6 weeks into development, it wouldn't count as a person. A human, yes. Just not a person.

So abortion is right (from my point of view) as long as it's before the fetus can experience conscious thought.

*Is now two cents poorer*

On a side note, wtf has God got to do with this? Sure, it can influence the final decision, but it's not a huge deal.

Not everyone believes in Him. Additionally, imo, fetuses don't count as people 'till they can think like one.

Ho-ohRocks201

Beyond the Rainbow~
I don't really care much about Abortion.

I mean, it's the mother's choice if she wants to get it aborted. If she isn't ready, she isn't ready, and therefore should be able to cancel it, because if it was born, it'd probably have a horrible life and suffer.

It's just me, but I'm 50/50 with it. It's sort of wrong that some people offer abortions to 16 year old girls who shouldn't be having sex in the first place. I believe you should be at least 18-20 before you first have sex. It's just easier that way.