• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abortion - right or wrong?

Ethan

Banned
Anyone that believes a fetus is a parasite has a fundamental lack of understanding when it comes to basic biology.

People that also disagree with abortion on religious grounds should look into the fact that God saw it fit to terminate Bathsheba's pregnancy.

That is all.

MGOShockWave

Club Paradise
I don't think its right to have an abortion, but if the female was raped then I feel its okay for an abortion

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
To be honest, even if I wasn't religious at all, I still wouldn't be able to stand giving birth to an under-developed fetus. I'd rather look at an alive baby rather than a fetus in a pile of blood. (Yes, I obviously realize a newborn baby will have blood too and whatnot.)

MGOShockWave

Club Paradise
Killing a baby that is far into pregnancy is just killing a baby, so that's just murder. Killing a fetus is fine, it is a fetus, its growing but it may as well still be an egg.

thaats understandable i agree with you on that

legendarypokemonmaster

I have avoided this topic for awhile because it was going nowhere, but I have been thinking about it a bit. Someone was asking why it is only acceptable to get an abortion if the pregnancy was caused by rape and the thing I thought of was: The parent did not choose to have the child and did not willingly engage in activities that would cause a child to be born, so the parent should not be forced to have the child. Some people may not agree with this, but I see it as a better reason to have one than if you were too stupid or lazy to use protection/abstinence.

MGOShockWave

Club Paradise
It's wrong unless you were raped

Grei

not the color
Actually, some people who were rape babies become Rligious people who try to stop rape and other unholy sexual activities.

I feel like the possibility of a "rape baby" becoming a religious icon is poor justification for not aborting a pregnancy that is a result of sexual assault, if that's what you're trying to do.

Victoria

My my my...
If someone were to get pregnant through rape then I believe it would be her choice as to whether she wants to have an abortion or not, depending on her views. If it's just an adult or teenager who has been sleeping around then I don't think abortion is right. I'm not religious but I still find it bad enough that you're killing something that could be a baby.

Flame Mistress

I think abortion is wrong; every life was blessed, and that blessing should be used in life... The baby wouldn't even get a chance to live a blessed life...

But if the girl was raped, then it really is up to her decision...

Oh, and I'm religious.

battle171

New Gen, Go!
It really depends on the person that's pergnant. If they're financially not ready for it, are a student, or were raped, then I guess it's kinda OK... Of course, there is adoption as an option, but that causes a whole new mess of problems for the kid in question...