• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abortion - right or wrong?

mew801

When is it an actual human being? The view of abortion as homicide is actually somewhat new. The initial reason for the Church's opposition to abortion was to cover up a sexual sin. Thomas Aquinas didn't believe that the abortion was homicide unless ensoulment had taken place. So the basic question is "When do the cells become a human [or ensouled]?"

Because it has a heartbeat. An individual cell e.g a sperm doesn't have a heartbeat. Yes, it is living, but it isn't a human being, it only has the potential to be one.

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Because it has a heartbeat. An individual cell e.g a sperm doesn't have a heartbeat. Yes, it is living, but it isn't a human being, it only has the potential to be one.

The question was not "why?" but "when?"

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
The protesters have a right to demonstrate and protest the facilities. However, I find that the way in which the demonstrate is damaging to a woman who may have had an abortion. She is vulnerable. Whether or not you are for or against abortion, the process is not some trivial event and takes a physical and psychological toll on the recipient even if she may not show her feelings. The "right to life" protesters have a variety of signs, some of which I find very inappropriate and antithetical to their movement, especially after a woman has had a procedure such as this. Whether you are for or against abortion, the woman needs compassion, healing, and support, and not people screaming at her.

I totally agree with this. Getting an abortion is a very emotionally difficult procedure. She probably already feels terrible about herself; the last thing she needs is having people tell her she's a monster when she probably already feels like shit. She needs comfort, not hatred.

An embryo is alive. A sperm is alive. An egg cell is alive. Is a man a monster because only one out of an insanely high amount of sperm actually make it to the egg? Is a woman a monster because she gets rid of an egg once a month? Both of these had the potential to become an embryo, then a fetus, and eventually a baby and then our bodies flushed them a way.

Sperm cells won't become people unless we take action. Left alone, they will never become people. It's only after we have sex that it has potential to become a life.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Anybody that thinks Abortion is right should consider that maybe they should have been aborted.
Not a real argument.

What so significant about a heartbeat?

JigglyChu said:
Sperm cells won't become people unless we take action.
It's still as alive as an embryo. I think that was his point.

If you want to argue potential, plenty of fertilized eggs still get dumped away.

Last edited:

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3

pokemaster001

you see, you're all completely missing the point. alright, I think abortion is similar to murder as a fetus is technically alive, but I don't see what that has to do with anything.
I'm rather on the fence with this debate. On one side, it can teach a woman responsibility and effectively issue a government-funded f*** you to careless couples (ignoring rape, but that seems to be an obvious exception)
However, on the other side, you would be ruining a baby's life as well as pushing on more unemployment and healthcare
I suppose Abortion is ok, but there should at least be some consequences...I dunno, an extra tax for 18 years?

my mom abortied my brothar so im sad cuz now i only have a sister
maybe it was a misscarredge whoops

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
What I find ironic is the people who are against abortion because it's "murder" are also pro death-sentence.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
What I find ironic is the people who are against abortion because it's "murder" are also pro death-sentence.

The standard answer to this would be, the embryo never committed a crime, but the person on death row did. (Assuming they're rightfully accused.) The embryo is "innocent".

And on the other side of the political spectrum, Megaton666, those who would rather kill a potential infant than a felon or convict. Also, Bill Clinton (D) reinstated the death penalty in it's entirety. Not a Republican. Your point is invalid.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
And on the other side of the political spectrum, Megaton666, those who would rather kill a potential infant than a felon or convict. Also, Bill Clinton (D) reinstated the death penalty in it's entirety. Not a Republican. Your point is invalid.

When did I say anything about republicans or democrats?? You're a moron.

Tyrant Tar

What I find ironic is that none of the pro-lifers here have taken any stance on the death penalty, much less come close to even mentioning it.

For sake of argument, lets say life starts at conception and thus killing it is murder. There are scenarios where killing is "acceptable", i.e. self defense. Could abortion fit into the "acceptable" category?
Obviously it varies case by case...

When did I say anything about republicans or democrats?? You're a moron.

hahah that isnt very much nice
NOT :3
>: [[[[[
;168;;168;;168;;168;;168;;168;

mew801

A majority of living organisms do not have a heartbeat.

Its a human being though! I could never do it. To me it would make no difference if it was 2 weeks after conception or one day before it was born, it's the same person, just more developed.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Embryos cannot survive without being inside the mother. They are like viruses. They are technically not alive until they are separated from the mother.