• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

About battle against Wikstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Frankly, I'm sort of hoping that Satoshi loses against Gampi. The thought of him beating a member of the Four Heavenly Kings with his current team would rub me the wrong way, although I realize that him taking two steps back now might feel a bit disappointing considering that his loss and draw against Saito weren't that long ago.

dman_dustin

Ash isn't going to win Lol. It would come off as bad writing.

Not in the upcoming episode, sure but Ash has to reach master class at some point so he'd have to win eventually.

And before you argue they're not going to wall out Wikstrom the other Elite Four and champions, Ash has to realistically be strong enough to take on Leon.

Red and Blue

What if Sirfetch'd defeats Aegislash but loses to Wikstrom's next Pokemon(if the match is more that a 1 vs. 1)? Even if Ash still loses I'd say that's a big accomplishment

dman_dustin

What if Sirfetch'd defeats Aegislash but loses to Wikstrom's next Pokemon(if the match is more that a 1 vs. 1)? Even if Ash still loses I'd say that's a big accomplishment

Would it matter even if Ash did win?

I doubt this is directly a PWC match unless Wikstrom is taking his time getting into Ultra class.

Icy-Snowflake

G. Farfetch'd was Battling a Gallade in the lastest Episode

I realized Gallade is based on Knights

Sirfetch'd is also based on Knights

G. Farfetch'd is wearing Knight Armor in the Preview

Wikistrom is also dressed as a Knight

I realized There's a recurring theme here
Right time to introduce Corviknight into someone's team...

DuskAstral

Ash will probably face Iris and Gary in Super Class so before Wikstorm.
In the opening, Iris and Gary appear after Wikstrom, so there is no option for them to appear earlier than him. Anyway, I have doubts about whether Iris and Gary are in the PWC, after all, Satoshi's first rival decided to stop being a Pokémon trainer, and the owner of Axew doesn't seem like someone who wants to play in this tournament.

ShadowForce720

In the opening, Iris and Gary appear after Wikstrom, so there is no option for them to appear earlier than him. Anyway, I have doubts about whether Iris and Gary are in the PWC, after all, Satoshi's first rival decided to stop being a Pokémon trainer, and the owner of Axew doesn't seem like someone who wants to play in this tournament.

First off in regards to Gary there literally teasing him being Ash’s rival again so it’s pretty likely that he is in the PWC. As for Iris considering that the PWC doesn’t restrict her in any way and that she has been in tournaments before and likes to battle a lot chances are she is in the PWC.

G. Farfetch'd was Battling a Gallade in the lastest Episode

I realized Gallade is based on Knights

Sirfetch'd is also based on Knights

G. Farfetch'd is wearing Knight Armor in the Preview

Wikistrom is also dressed as a Knight

I realized There's a recurring theme here
Gallade is more of a gladiator but it has some hints of knights.

I said the same thing a few days back. They are using the knight theme. I would've preferred Chesnaught or Excavalier though. I guess having those sword like arms work in favor of Gallade.

This battle looks like a training battle. Ash might be trying to fight in unison with Farfetch'd, hence the armor. What better person to train against than Wikstrom who is also a knight.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:
Weirdly enough, someone had a Corviknight in Episode 2 for a Raid Battle and we never saw them again after that :confused:

I always thought that was just a quick Shield and Sword promo moment meant to remind viewers of the newest generation without giving said species a chance to outshine the POTD in that episode. Still, I think it would suit Gampi just fine if he has one of his own.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I always thought that was just a quick Shield and Sword promo moment meant to remind viewers of the newest generation without giving said species a chance to outshine the POTD in that episode. Still, I think it would suit Gampi just fine if he has one of his own.
Could be The Black Knight to contrast Sirfetch'd being The White Knight

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Frankly, I'm sort of hoping that Satoshi loses against Gampi. The thought of him beating a member of the Four Heavenly Kings with his current team would rub me the wrong way, although I realize that him taking two steps back now might feel a bit disappointing considering that his loss and draw against Saito weren't that long ago.
Same, the only member of current team aside from Pikachu that should be able to beat Aegislash level would be Lucario( maybe Mega if Ash gets it) in the end of saga that would be Aura boosted( like Blaze Infernape/Ash-Greninja).

Same, the only member of current team aside from Pikachu that should be able to beat Aegislash level would be Lucario( maybe Mega if Ash gets it) in the end of saga that would be Aura boosted( like Blaze Infernape/Ash-Greninja).
It doesn't work like that anymore. Go went from being worse than Kanto Ash to fighting a legendary alongside Ash (and also catching it). A Pokemon's strength is dependent on its trainer and since this Ash is stronger than all the previous series Ash, his Pokemon are also stronger. He will soon be battling E4 level trainers and he can't have only two-three mons that can actually beat them cause then he would have no luck against Leon. All his current team members should be stronger than E4 level.

CMButch

It doesn't work like that anymore. Go went from being worse than Kanto Ash to fighting a legendary alongside Ash (and also catching it).
Lol no, he caught Eternatus because wolves weakened it so much.

A Pokemon's strength is dependent on its trainer and since this Ash is stronger than all the previous series Ash, his Pokemon are also stronger.
Hahahhahah no. It doesn't work like that. Based on your logic Farfetch'd is stronger than DL, Incineroar,Charizard. Or his SM Pokemon are stronger than A-G, Infernape, Sceptile, Charizard, his Buizel since he's from DP is stronger than Charizard, Sceptile, Staraptor too. Then we have Goodra, Noivern being stronger than Charizard , Sceptile, I could go on. So this is wrong. Each of Ash's Pokemon have different power and uses different techniques and strategies. It's very wrong to say that all of Ash's Pokemon are equal in some series or say that all of his Pokemon are stronger than all Pokemon he used before. Imagine saying Rowlet, Buizel, Staraptor, Noivern,Farfetch'd etc etc are stronger than Greninja, Sceptile, Swellow, Krookodile, Incineroar etc.
He will soon be battling E4 level trainers and he can't have only two-three mons that can actually beat them cause then he would have no luck against Leon. All his current team members should be stronger than E4 level.
He can battle them and win with Pikachu or even Lucario. Just because Pikachu/Lucario win that doesn't mean Farfetch'd magically becomes that level.
No, his current team except Pikachu and Lucario shouldn't be stronger than E4 nor close to that because of other Pokemon's disrespect( which I responded why what you said about current team being stronger than Ash's older Pokemon make 0 sense) nor that makes anywhere much as sense unless it's a big time skip. Heck you can see that with Pikachu: Pikachu only would be able to take E4 level per say in XY , so it took him like over 15 years to do that, why would current Pokemon do it in a year... Lmao.
Not to mention that since we get Gary, Iris there's high chance Ash's older Pokemon return and if they do, they should battle E4 and Champions and not current team. Because, since DP they trained really hard and they have time and experience advantage thus that means power advantage over current team.(Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, Snorlax, Gliscor, Swellow, Corphish) etc.
If they don't return we will likely get 1 on 1 with E4 so Pikachu will be used( or even Lucario). I am still pretty sure Aegislash until proven otherwise: is holding back against Farfetch'd or he's Wikstorm's non main battler Pokemon that WIkstorm is using against weaker opponents.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I don't think Wikstrom would hold back. If this is a PWC match he would want to advance as much as Ash does. He would go all out

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
No, his current team except Pikachu and Lucario shouldn't be stronger than E4 nor close to that because of other Pokemon's disrespect( which I responded why what you said about current team being stronger than Ash's older Pokemon make 0 sense) nor that makes anywhere much as sense unless it's a big time skip. Heck you can see that with Pikachu: Pikachu only would be able to take E4 level per say in XY , so it took him like over 15 years to do that, why would current Pokemon do it in a year... Lmao.

nice to see Dragonite gets no respect. Also there's no gaurantee that G-Farfetch'd was weak when Ash caught it, it had been beating trainers pokemon on that bridge for who knows how long, and last week it broke a freaking steel beam with a plant, how much force do you think is needed to pull something like that off?

It's also not unheard of for someone and their pokemon to get stronger off screen, I know you might not think this is a good example, but I seem to recall Sawyer back in kalos struggled to keep up with Ash, and then eventually not only beat him (granted i can already see the excuse that Ash trying to force Greninja to transform is a reason why he lost that fight but still), but had gotten all 8 of the regions gym badges before Ash.

If they don't return we will likely get 1 on 1 with E4 so Pikachu will be used( or even Lucario). I am still pretty sure Aegislash until proven otherwise: is holding back against Farfetch'd or he's Wikstorm's non main battler Pokemon that WIkstorm is using against weaker opponents.

You could also chalk it up to the fact that in blade form Aegislash doesn't have the best defense capabilities, it might be strong offensively but all one needs is one good strike on it to take it down, both Tierno's Raichu and Ash's Pikachu proved this during the Kalos league against the thing, as they were able to take out fairly quickly when it couldn't use it's shield to defend itself.

And of course if it turns out Farfetch'd has scrappy and evolves mid fight and gets Meteor assault, well...I don't like the blade's chances even more.

Like it or not Ash is going to have to start beating E4 members and other champions eventually if we're expected to believe he has even a chance of beating Leon, regardless of what pokemon he chooses to use.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm not sure we can even say his Lucario is that good. So far, it's lost many...er, all battles against PWC participants with big names, and that's just Bea while it was a Riolu. The little we got from him was screwing Rose's two Pokemon at once through the power of hype before it got screwed to next Monday against Mewtwo.

Dragonite is the real menace of his team all because Dragonite (that aren't Iris's) in general are overpowered.

dman_dustin

I'm not sure we can even say his Lucario is that good. So far, it's lost many...er, all battles against PWC participants with big names, and that's just Bea while it was a Riolu. The little we got from him was screwing Rose's two Pokemon at once through the power of hype before it got screwed to next Monday against Mewtwo.

Dragonite is the real menace of his team all because Dragonite (that aren't Iris's) in general are overpowered.

Provo would've made more sense than Iris or do you not remember the cheating wins Iris got when Dragonite did it's own thing against Georgia or Dawn.

Meanwhile Provo loses to Paul's Honchkrow to a super luck hit....lmao sure Honchkrow wss that strong.

CMButch

nice to see Dragonite gets no respect. Also there's no gaurantee that G-Farfetch'd was weak when Ash caught it, it had been beating trainers pokemon on that bridge for who knows how long, and last week it broke a freaking steel beam with a plant, how much force do you think is needed to pull something like that off?
Farfetch'd definitely when it was caught it was weaker than Gengar and Gengar lost to Visquez and lost to Korinna. Now,Farfetch'd could be stronger than Gengar but we don't know since all of them are training.As of now Dracovish is definitely weakest. Breaking steel beam with a plant is good but doesn't mean anything. Surksit from Viola could freeze entire battlefield with ice beam.

It's also not unheard of for someone and their pokemon to get stronger off screen, I know you might not think this is a good example, but I seem to recall Sawyer back in kalos struggled to keep up with Ash, and then eventually not only beat him (granted i can already see the excuse that Ash trying to force Greninja to transform is a reason why he lost that fight but still), but had gotten all 8 of the regions gym badges before Ash.
They do, but everyone does too. Blaine example is stronger than before despite last time we have seen him is 1000 episodes ago. Ash's older Pokemon get stronger, E4, Champions, FB's etc etc all get stronger. He struggled to keep up with Ash because some of Ash's Pokemon got stronger than his, then some of his got stronger than Ash's so it was varying. Same with every saga and rivals.

Like it or not Ash is going to have to start beating E4 members and other champions eventually if we're expected to believe he has even a chance of beating Leon, regardless of what pokemon he chooses to use.
It can happen but that wouldn't make any sense. Imagine Ash uses Scraggy to beat Malva's Houndoom. That makes zero sense. I think only some Pokemon that already proven to be his strongest(with time like 7.8.9.10+ years) or aces should accomplish that like Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, Incineroar, Snorlax, Pikachu, Sceptile etc and not every Pokemon he used. Heck his older Pokemon should have higher chance since Ash owned them since OS or AG and not Farfetch'd, Dracovish since he just caught them especially since they were caught and they proved that they were weak( Dracovish didn't prove since he could be strong but he was just born IIRC) so I am sure he's around Farfetch'd or Gengar level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.