• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

About "Pokemon The Comic"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronis

In lucid awakening
Some further information has been revealed for the upcoming 'Pokemon The Comic' publication. It will consist of 190 pages, and it seems that the Red and Pika chapter will be a 'flashback' one, titled 'The Mt. Silver Training' Part 1 and 2, which together make up 28 pages. I don't know if 'Mt. Silver Training' really refers to Red's post-GSC training or he actually returns to the place for another training. Would have little impact in future plot if it is the former.

Featured also are 2 selected 'famous' chapters from the Black and White series, one of which seems to be the Meloetta storyline. It seems that the two existing Meloetta chapters are considered one 'chapter' in the wording, which have 48 pages, so there probably is another. The Keldeo chapters maybe?

64 pages will be dedicated to the 'Pokemon BW Good Partners' guest feature. We have 120 out of 190 pages confirmed materials at the moment. The remaining 70 pages are uncertain, but probably contain at least one more known BW chapter(s), which takes up 48 pages if it's the Keldeo ones.

There is no mentioning of BW2 materials in the advertisement, which makes it unlikely that we will get anything from this series. At best, they might publish the Hugh prologue again. Some pages will be dedicated to games/movies as previously stated. And of course the 'PokeSpecial' coloured pages on 'the story so far'.

Coronis~

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Where'd this info come from?

Some further information has been revealed for the upcoming 'Pokemon The Comic' publication. It will consist of 190 pages, and it seems that the Red and Pika chapter will be a 'flashback' one, titled 'The Mt. Silver Training' Part 1 and 2, which together make up 28 pages. I don't know if 'Mt. Silver Training' really refers to Red's post-GSC training or he actually returns to the place for another training. Would have little impact in future plot if it is the former.

Yay? We've seen Mt. Silver multiple times already. Do we need to see something like this?

Featured also are 2 selected 'famous' chapters from the Black and White series, one of which seems to be the Meloetta storyline. It seems that the two existing Meloetta chapters are considered one 'chapter' in the wording, which have 48 pages, so there probably is another. The Keldeo chapters maybe?

*Shrug*

64 pages will be dedicated to the 'Pokemon BW Good Partners' guest feature. We have 120 out of 190 pages confirmed materials at the moment. The remaining 70 pages are uncertain, but probably contain at least one more known BW chapter(s), which takes up 48 pages if it's the Keldeo ones.

Well, at least it's something.

There is no mentioning of BW2 materials in the advertisement, which makes it unlikely that we will get anything from this series. At best, they might publish the Hugh prologue again. Some pages will be dedicated to games/movies as previously stated. And of course the 'PokeSpecial' coloured pages on 'the story so far'.

Coronis~

Ugh.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games

Coronis~
Okay at least we got some info on what to expect. I just hope that the flashback chapter won't be from Red and Gold's training session, but something later that maybe foreshadows the world tournament.

not sure what the point is in republishing chapters that are already known, oww well maybe Kusaka has changed them a bit.

Yaay BW Good Partners. So if it's a guest feature does that mean that the 2nd issue will have something else?

Too bad, I really hoped to get some more manga or info about the BW 2 arc. Kusaka is making is wait so long and it's been like almost a half year since the BW2 prologue came out.

SmartD

Coronis~

Very interesting. I'll look foward to it. When does it come out again?

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream

Wow. Way to cop out, Kusaka. Let's just go even further down the lazy trail and have just it be a copy-pasted mess with two abridged chapters covering the RGBY and GSC arcs with only one or two panels of new material.

not sure what the point is in republishing chapters that are already known, oww well maybe Kusaka has changed them a bit.

I doubt it. If we're lucky we'll get any revisions that the volumes will get. It's probably just going to be an exact copy of the magazine version.

redchesus

Jade Star Trainer
To be fair... Red always wins these character contests, and it must be annoying for Kusaka to keep having to bring him back, so why not just do a flashback.

e9310103838

Wow. Way to cop out, Kusaka. Let's just go even further down the lazy trail and have just it be a copy-pasted mess with two abridged chapters covering the RGBY and GSC arcs with only one or two panels of new material.

I believe Kusaka will give us to see thing that it is worth to wait a year.

Although when I see the title, I froze for a moment. XD ;245;

nuzamaki90

Hopefully Red is training for maybe the World Tournament fr BW2 storyline? It'd be pretty lame if te chapters were wasted on something that happened more than 8 years.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?

Coronis~

As for Red training at Mt. Silver, we still have no idea how exactly he trained alongside Gold. Hopefully this will shed some light on what really happened during that event.

lolipiece

Staff member
As for Red training at Mt. Silver, we still have no idea how exactly he trained alongside Gold. Hopefully this will shed some light on what really happened during that event.

So? We know the results of what happened during the training. Isn't that all that matters?

Macromind101

I hope this flashback chapter will be something that ties together some plots in the canonical rounds. Maybe in the volume releases, this flashback chapter will relate to Red appearing in the PWT?

Trutown

Doctor

Why should we care? What does it have to do with the overall plot? What does it have to do with Red's character development? Does it give him any character development? If it doesn't do anything then it is worthless pandering to an audience that doesn't exist (the audience that likes plotless and developmentless one-shots that shouldn't exist). Those of us who do want to see Red again want to see him in a story with an actual plot and see him go through some actual character development.

Macromind101

Why should we care? What does it have to do with the overall plot? What does it have to do with Red's character development? Does it give him any character development? If it doesn't do anything then it is worthless pandering to an audience that doesn't exist (the audience that likes plotless and developmentless one-shots that shouldn't exist). Those of us who do want to see Red again want to see him in a story with an actual plot and see him go through some actual character development.

If the chapter is "worthless" as you described it, then I hope it doesn't get incorporated into the volumes. But I'm sure that the Red chapter will be tied to the overall plot somehow.

lolipiece

Staff member
Even if it isn't plot relevant, they can just as easily make it so in the volumes.

e9310103838

If the chapter is "worthless" as you described it, then I hope it doesn't get incorporated into the volumes. But I'm sure that the Red chapter will be tied to the overall plot somehow.

Even Blue & Silver's Escape still be included in the volume.

But the last it is still very well as the beginning of FRLG. ;039;

Macromind101

Even Blue & Silver's Escape still be included in the volume.

But the last it is still very well as the beginning of FRLG. ;039;

Yes but it was actually relevant to the plot. I'm just saying that I hope that Red and Pika's flashback chapter will be relevant to the main plot somehow. And there is already a prologue round for B2W2...

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream

Regardless of how "worthless" the chapter is, I would want it to be shoved into a volume for archival purposes. It's pretty sad when you get attached to a series just to find out that there's a missing piece of the puzzle, regardless of size or importance, floating around in lost magazine land.

lolipiece

Staff member
A cover.

[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/6cb630a8e3f8167a276fbb34caec4825/tumblr_mnnfznLg781r1alb2o1_1280.jpg[/img139]

e9310103838

A cover.

[img139]http://24.media.tumblr.com/6cb630a8e3f8167a276fbb34caec4825/tumblr_mnnfznLg781r1alb2o1_1280.jpg[/img139]

A color draft of Good Partners, nice.

And Yamamoto did a hard, he must once again return to Mato style. :595:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.