• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

About songfics and/or chapters with songs added.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
For Songfics and chaptered fics which have songs in one or more chapters:

What's the best way to go about adding the songs?

I know one verse and then actions and then another verse make it complicated and drag on too long. Would Stanza - action/thought - stanza - another action/thought be better? or maybe adding lyrics at the beginning/end of the chapter?

How do most people who do this go about doing it?

katiekitten

The Compromise
...There isn't really a right or wrong way to go about it, it's just what you want to do. *shrugs* I've seen people place chorus/verses of songs at the beginning of their chapters that sum up the mood/what's going on, some place single quotes that relate to something in the chapter at the beginning, but isn't explained 'till later on... I don't mind. xD

What I've personally done before... I took a single verse of a song, split it into solo lines and placed them them throughout the piece where they applied. 9/10 lines in all - can't quite remember now. :x

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I tried doing the solo lines but that tended to distract most of the readers, but when I did the bunches of verses together, I got much better feedback.

ChloboShoka

Writer
That would be intersting. I've had quite a like for song fics, shame ff.net banned them. Well if a song or chapter inspires you to write the fic then why not use them. If I choose a song for a song fic, it would be because the lyrics are strong.

I would personally like to write a song fic with Evanesance's songs and my sweet prince by placebo.