• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

About the Pokemon Ranger Girl *Major Spoiler*

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
The Ino, and pic of Ranger Girl

Well..i got this pic of a site...they showed a small spoiler of how she looks...

as she looks how we thought we would...and we now no she has a Plusle :D...

the only thing i don't kno is what all those stuff in Japense say...

SOMEONE MIND TRANSLATING PLZ :D

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
She does look cute, but she looks a lot like some of the generic filler girls we've gotten in Johto and Hoenn. Pretty odd for a "major" character.

The other playable girls in the games (Marina, May, Leaf Green girl) all look unique so nobody would mistake them with filler characters. Not to mention their clothing and hair styles.

Ranger girl looks alright, but I could have sworn that there is a filler girl who looks almost just like her...nearly the same hair style.

Who wants to bet that when the male ranger character appears he'll have a Minun?

Last edited:
CyberCubed said:
Who wants to bet that when the male ranger characters appears he'll have a Minun?
50 bucks.

LOL

Well,since Ranger girl has Plusle,it seems to be as guessed that ranger guy has Minun.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
the thing that sucks is..that she doesn't look like how she was introduced with the guy ranger...

she looked much better...and i think you (CyberCubed)...had some good comments..given..lol

ya...i think the he'd have Minun :D

Chris

Old Coot
Ha, and I was right. Back when all there was was promotional game art of her, I told Heracross that there was a good chance her look would be altered in some way. And lookie here. She shows less leg than she does in the game. ;\

CyberCubed said:
She does look cute, but she looks a lot like some of the generic filler girls we've gotten in Johto and Hoenn. Pretty odd for a "major" character.
I have to agree,she looks really familiar,for some odd reason.

And yes,she is a bit cute.

PDL

disenchanted
haha, blue hair... you gotta have blue hair...

anyway, she looks pretty neat... though we should see her personality to make a final desicion.

anyway, I find it awesome to see Plusle without Minun... the only other time we've seen one of the duo without the other is in Colosseum...

Minun needs to be showcased more (without Plusle)

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Saw that pic ages ago...*bursts bubble*

Yeah, she looks much better in the Sugimori Art.
The anime made her look...different. I don't know how, but just different.

She looked hot in the Official Art. In the anime she's meh material.
That's all I have to say about her D:

Edward Elric said:
Ha, and I was right. Back when all there was was promotional game art of her, I told Heracross that there was a good chance her look would be altered in some way. And lookie here. She shows less leg than she does in the game. ;\
And thusforth, I lose even more faith in the Anime (Current faith ratio = -30%) :p

She looks nice... quite nice. But as said before, the official art is way hotter and better. Thank you gimmicky piece of crap. There hasn't been any sort of half-decent Fan Service since I don't know when, and when the opportunity arises... they mess it up. :rolleyes:

Oh well... it's better than what's been on lately. =/

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
I think she looks cool for a female character. So they are bringing that little stick thing into the anime. I wasnt sure if they would since its odd but i guess thats the whole point of this girl. I dont think she looks like some random filler girl, she has interesting clothing. I would have liked to seen the Mal but they need some cooler females in the show. I wish one of Ash's main rivals would be a girl but thats off topic. She does kinda look like a boy though. I thought she was a he when i first saw it. Well i look forward to hearing more about her character in the show.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Plusle? Plusle? That's... pretty lame. Even if we knew that before. It just looks really out of place without Minun.

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
V Faction said:
Plusle? Plusle? That's... pretty lame. Even if we knew that before. It just looks really out of place without Minun.

at least Plusle hasn't been shoved down our throats like a certain Pikachu or Munchlax.

MaskedManAbsolkid

CyberCubed said:
Ranger girl looks alright, but I could have sworn that there is a filler girl who looks almost just like her...nearly the same hair style.

Who wants to bet that when the male ranger character appears he'll have a Minun?

Marina from the Orange Islands ep 'Bye Bye Psyduck?' Maybe Casey or Marine from Chronicles?

Agree with the Minun bit. In Ranger pics, he's seen with a Minun, so if the anime is copying the games, you could be right, but he might not appear, like Brendan.

Chris

Old Coot
DEMONCAMERUPT said:
at least Plusle hasn't been shoved down our throats like a certain Pikachu or Munchlax.
o rly?!

AG Episode 038: Plusle and Minun! The Lighthouse of the Mountain! (A Different Kind of Misty)

AG Episode 052: Plusle and Minun! The Path to Cheering!? (Cheer Pressure)

AG Movie 2: Visitor Of The Space Fissure (Destiny Deoxys)

Airlines Short: Pikachu's Summer Festival

Then there's the cameos Plusle's had. And do I have to whip out ALL of the merchandise with Plusle and Minun on 'em? There's a reason why they look like Pikachu and Pichu. So they can market the hell out of them. There'll always be a Pikachu-clone per region just to market it and shove it down our throats. ;\

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Why not give her Pokemon that would actually help her do her job? I'm thinking Fearow and Dugtrio would make more sense for a Ranger. Though, they're fugly and don't make good marketing.

Read it and weep. You know 4Kids is to blame for this "alteration". I can see Al Kahn sitting in his office, holding a picture of the ranger in one hand and phone to the Japanese producers in the other, complaining about how hard it would be for his digital painters to hide her legs. Not mention her breasts have shrunk as well.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Normally, I'm one to disagree with a comment like that about 4Kids!..... And today's no different!

Not sure why you brought that up, Al. ALL (Read: ALL; See Figure 1-1) companies, businesses, markets do that with children. It's how they make their money. You don't get anywhere by pairing hot and sexy Hanada (another market by the way) with slightly-slow-in-the-head Dunsparce do you? Ehhhnn, nope!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
It's because I believe several changes in the Japanese original have 4Kids as a source. I doubt her design would have been altered very much if 4Kids wasn't waiting to translate the episodes she is in. That's just me (and maybe some others).

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I...don't see much of a difference between either version myself. The animé one just about shows the same amount of flesh if you ask me.

Which you didn't.

[IMG139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/img139]