• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

About UserNames...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before you say I'm moaning because the User Name Change Thread is closed, don't. I just wondred the some thing for awhile:

Why don't you allow members to change thier name on their own? I mean, in Bulbagarden, you have a link that let's you change your own user name in your CP. Since both Forums are powered by VBulletin, I figure you can do it here too. Members will be able change thier own user names anytime they want, and Admins won't have to keep changing a bizillion names every day themselves using a user name changing thread

Or is it a feature that's exclusive to Bulbagarden?

A

Akilah Imani

Well, it has been addressed before and here are some of the reasons provided:

1.) I would cause confusion
2.) It could be abused by a lot of members just like the reputation system. People would just keep changing their names.
3.) Serebii doesn't like using hacks because he says they are glitchy and unreliable
4.) Its been discussed and the answer has been no each time

That's about all I could find through my research. Although, if this is going to be discussed again, then it should go to site discussion rather than in the Newbie Lounge :/

Psycho

Last edited by a moderator:

Fiery Blaziken

There's an option to limit how often and how many times you can change your name or something like that. =/
But like all requests for Joe to install a hack, it'll probably go ignored.

Psycho said:
1.) I would cause confusion
While true but you could have the 'recently newly changed usernames' bit at the bottom of the forum.

2.) It could be abused by a lot of members just like the reputation system. People would just keep changing their names.
There must be some kind of limit that can setup.

3.) Serebii doesn't like using hacks because he says they are glitchy and unreliable
True, but like there is probably an answer to that.

4.) Its been discussed and the answer has been no each time
Because no one gave it a try :p

I say it would only work if we had limits, but it would stop people complaining about the name change thread and cut down on work.

Status
Not open for further replies.