• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abra & The Psychic Showdown (022)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wonder why the anime decided to make Sabrina the 4th gym leader when she's officially the 6th (though often fought as the 5th and some strategy guides list her as such)

I liked the change in Gym order, even though I was somewhat mystified regarding why it was done in the first place. Maybe the staff just wanted to get Natsume's subplot over with faster.

Ash bending the spoon with his own strength was funny and I really liked that Sabrina's Gym doubled as a psychic training facility. Sabrina's creepy doll and psychic powers were interesting even though she cheated when she forced Abra to evolve into Kadabra or at least I'm thinking she did that herself since her eyes glowed right before it happened. I liked how Sabrina's father saved everyone.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
Ash bending the spoon with his own strength was funny and I really liked that Sabrina's Gym doubled as a psychic training facility.

I was actually taken aback by the scene that showed us what was happening in the other rooms inside the Yamabuki Gym since Natsume didn't seem like the kind of person who would even be interested in training students to use their psychic abilities. It was a shame that her students didn't have a bigger role in this episode, or in the second Yamabuki Gym episode.

This episode always gives me the creeps because of the evil doll's laugh during the scene where Ash, Misty and Brock were small and almost got crushed by the ball. I liked how the show changed Sabrina from being just an ordinary psychic in the games to being a really sadistic and cold person in the anime. I thought that her forcing her Abra to evolve was almost like cheating, but I liked how her father helped Ash figure out a way to take her down. 7/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Firefo×Fennekin said:
I thought that her forcing her Abra to evolve was almost like cheating

Which reminds me, I wonder if up to this point Natsume had won all of her battles using just her Casey. We didn't see any of her other Pokemon, so I was assuming that Casey was her sole battler, in which case it's impressive that she managed to keep her Gym Leader title and reputation by using one un-evolved Pokemon that slept a lot.

Which reminds me, I wonder if up to this point Natsume had won all of her battles using just her Casey. We didn't see any of her other Pokemon, so I was assuming that Casey was her sole battler, in which case it's impressive that she managed to keep her Gym Leader title and reputation by using one un-evolved Pokemon that slept a lot.

When that Marowak trainer had a flashback of him winning the Marsh Badge we saw that the Gym Leader had a Hitmonlee so I think it might've been one of Sabrina's other Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I just rewatched this episode and noticed the people who were training at the Yamabuki Gym to strengthen their psychic powers. I wish that this episode had shown more of that since it implied that people could simply learn to use ESP and telekinesis like Natsume could, yet it didn't delve into that.

This is one of the creepiest episodes of the Pokémon anime along with XY019 (Malamar). Sabrina and her doll are so creepy... and she tried to kill them as amusement... that's messed up. I think later she turns Brock and Misty into dolls...
I was disappointed that there was no TR fight in Saffron (au lieu the games) and it is weird that Sabrina is the fourth gym but it does make sense since Saffron-->Celadon-->Fushica
TR was Ash's first kiss

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Great Halloween episode, wait it wasn't Halloween?!"

Episode: 8/10