• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abridged Series

RLinksoul

I was going to rage at the lack of Jojo's BAA, but then Deathseer brought up Antfish (You want to see a guy who can make his characters his own even better than Team Four Star)? Seriously, he's the one abridger I'd want to see take a crack at actually fandubbing his series.

Do love his voice for Captain Ginyu.

Mori

hermit irl.
team four star are just amazing.

99% of them are awful.

I think the main reason for it is because people are only abridging series that havent been taken yet. There is a reason why LittleKuriboh chose Yu-Gi-Oh. It was a popular series with a ridiculous plot that was easy to make fun of. Most popular series are impossible to make fun of, so the creators have to resort to pop culture jokes, stupid character humor, and inside jokes with other abridged series creators. Even Yu-Gi-Oh has to resort to them when the show is difficult to parody.

Agreed. The only abridgers whose work I like are LittleKuriboh, Team4Star and LoliBrigade.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
LittleKuriboh and Team4Star are the best. I also like SMA by megami33. Whenever your in a sad or bad mood just watch a abridged series. It will cheer you right up. Always works for me.

matt0044

I personally loved SSJGozar's dub of DBZ the best. I tried watching Team4Star's and it just wasn't funny to me. The only funny thing I remember from Team4Star's dub was the Piccolo is a Yoshi, and the Mr. Po Po cut to commercial thing from the first episode. Gozar's is much more memorable, me and my husband still make jokes about the first episodes we watched together.

Although, I haven't watched Gozar's in probably a year or so, and the last couple weren't near as funny as they used to be. Dial-up sucks.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
I personally loved SSJGozar's dub of DBZ the best. I tried watching Team4Star's and it just wasn't funny to me. The only funny thing I remember from Team4Star's dub was the Piccolo is a Yoshi, and the Mr. Po Po cut to commercial thing from the first episode. Gozar's is much more memorable, me and my husband still make jokes about the first episodes we watched together.

Although, I haven't watched Gozar's in probably a year or so, and the last couple weren't near as funny as they used to be. Dial-up sucks.

The problem with Gozar is that ARDBZ is by his own admission a bunch of jokes he just rolled out himself, which makes the series extremely hit or miss. When it hits the right cord, its amazing, when it doesn't, you don't quite get what he was going for.

Also, Episode 70's out,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwfavLBfbXc

Please, please make sepia tone another recurring Piccolo joke.

matt0044

The problem with Gozar is that ARDBZ is by his own admission a bunch of jokes he just rolled out himself, which makes the series extremely hit or miss. When it hits the right cord, its amazing, when it doesn't, you don't quite get what he was going for.

Also, Episode 70's out,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwfavLBfbXc

Please, please make sepia tone another recurring Piccolo joke.

I love this series! But I don't quite like how Gohan's the butt monkey of that series. I like the character a lot.

Chris

Old Coot
I gather you haven't even watched passed the Saiyan saga. A lot of TeamFourStar's work not only takes pot shots at the dub, but at the series itself, while throwing in a few other references here and there.

Last edited:

RLinksoul

I gather you haven't even watched passed the Saiyan saga. A lot of TeamFourStar's work not only takes pot shots at the dub, but at the series itself, while throwing in a few other references here and there.

Beautiful example right here.

Autis-misc

Abridger
I have to admit that YGOA was the only one worth mentioning to most people, but everyone has a taste of what they enjoy watching.

I dont like the DBZA because i dont like dragonball Z. if you watch goldenbutterflydubs Shugo chara Abridged, or maybe the fairy tail abridged, or naruto/Pokemon/Yugioh GX/ Yugioh 5D's/ Yugioh ZeXaL/ The Last Airbender/ Ben 10/ or even Dinosaur king the abridged series, then i do not think i have the right to spoil them.

Almost every abridged series ive seen is funny in someway. this does not include one abridged series i saw which was abridging kingdom hearts, which was bad because the real words were at the bottom of the screen, so it was easy to tell what they were abridging.once i find a bad abridged series, i will repost saying something about it. but until then, this is my answer.

Vamp_Senn

The New Age Riddler
The only abridged I watch is YGOA, mainly because I really don't find comedy all that funny. Watching humor doesn't make me laugh. I'm weird, I know.

Buchou

filch some swag
I hardly watch any abridged series, sadly. However, LittleKuriboh's YGO Abridged Series has always been a favourite of mine.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Almost every abridged series ive seen is funny in someway. this does not include one abridged series i saw which was abridging kingdom hearts, which was bad because the real words were at the bottom of the screen, so it was easy to tell what they were abridging.once i find a bad abridged series, i will repost saying something about it. but until then, this is my answer.

yeah, in most cases, parodies of game footage shouldn't be attempted. Aside from the number of text-based games out there, even the fully-voiced ones are frequently sporting unremovable closed captions. You could probably hack the programming to get rid of it, but if you're that good at hacking, you might be better off making a machinima.

And since we're on the subject of bad abridged series, personally the worst one I ever saw (excluding numerous Bleach and Death Note dubs done by some 12-year-old who couldn't handle a mic and didn't seem to last more than two episodes) was RaikiTheStorm's Lyrical Nanoha parody. Aside from using fansubbed footage, the writing and voice-acting was just crap. It continually took shots at the fact that minor characters would disappear by later series, abused internet memes for the sake of it, etc. I just stuck with until episode 4 (long enough for Fate to appear), then I dropped it since nothing about it seemed remotely promising by that point.

My body was ready, but my IQ wasn't. It suffered. Greatly.

seconded. I watched that MadoMagi parody before, and unless I happen to come across somebody who has an odd obsession with poorly-voiced attempts at portraying valley girls, I really can't recommend it to anyone. Couldn't watch it beyond the first episode, and in the whole thing, there was only one line I found to be mildly amusing.

Said line was Homura's comment about raping Madoka and resetting time, which I mainly liked because, hey, it actually seems pretty plausible (though if I looked around just a little, I'm sure there was already a Japanese fan artist out there who thought the same; hell, one of my buds on Pixiv already portrays Homura as a nose-bleeding pervert, albeit nothing explicit).

1KidsEntertainment make the only good Pokemon abridged series ever.

what about wine aficionado James Bruxton? He must be good if he can earn recognition from Turkey Legs. XD

In all seriousness, Little Kuriboh's not only a great abridger, but he also seems to do a hell of a job doing intentionally bad parodies around April Fool's (my personal favorite being "Iruka's" attempt at a One Piece parody, which had shaky camera footage of a fansub).

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

That is hilarious indeed XD.

What? No mention of Digimon Campers Guide or Vision of Esaflowne abridged series?

Hey, I'm trying to broaden out selections, since everyone's talking about LK and TFS. (Heaven forbid we talk about Naruto Abridged or Pokémonstrocity.)

Anyhoo, a friend introduced me to Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged sometime in high school, I believe my junior year, and though it took a few episodes, I found myself loving it. It's actually nice to see how he improved overtime in the effects, editing, and his voices. Same with DBZ Abridged, which everyone can agree is one of, if not the best ones out there. I don't mind Sailor Moon Abridged either, though I haven't watched it in a while.

But anyway, one of my favorites has to be the Digimon Campers Guide abridged. The guy does all of the voices (unless he has gotten a few other people), and he has an amazing singing voice no matter the voice. I'm dead serious. His best singing voice has to be for Etemon, because hey, Elvis-impersonations are so fun to listen to.