1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Abridged Series

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by matt0044, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Good god, the Mewtwo Returns and Digimon ones are awful. The Digimon one is nothing more than "HUR DUR SILLY VOICES IT R FUNNEH" while that Mewtwo Returns one is...just flat out terrible in every regard. Nothing but god awful attempts at being random, paired up with terrible audio quality.

The Escaflowne one is actually funny as it has, surprise surprise, someone from TeamFourStar working on it. It actually involves being an abridged version of the series, including jabs at the show itself (and starting off with a jab at its FoxKids dub).

2. deathseer

deathseer Oh, u mad bro?

James Bruxton is the greatest Abridged Series maker ever, so says Turkey Legs.

3. MidnightMelody

MidnightMelody Hopeful for Gen 8

I hate how everyone only does the original pokemon series and not the others.

4. funrush

funrush Elite Beat Agent

5. Simipour

Simipour <('.'<) (>'.')>

Yugioh and DBZ abridged are both ruthlessly funny. i don't know which one i like better. I'm leaning towards DBZ as i flat out love some of the individual episodes. here is one of them: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm0V0UVqFtQ

6. Yamato-san

Yamato-san I own the 5th gen

oh man, I need to watch more of hbi2k's material. Thus far, all I've seen are all of Berserk Abridged (and one or two of the commentaries), the first episode of the aforementioned Escaflowne parody, and maybe a couple episodes of his Code Geass parody. I think he also did a Last Exile oneshot and Gankutsuou (of which I only saw the first episode). He sure is one of the more diverse abridgers out there, isn't he? I'd probably attribute that to him tackling shorter series.

7. Chris

Chris Old Coot

MasakoX and a few others have done a 12 episode Abridged version of Kampfer. It does everything it can to point out every single problem with the series in a wonderfully hilarious way. Also, there's a LOT of Team Fortress 2 references.

8. SoulSilverMstr411

SoulSilverMstr411 Hikikomori

I love CLANNAD Abridged. The girl playing Nagisa has the cutest voice! :D

9. Yamato-san

Yamato-san I own the 5th gen

oh yeah, I mentioned this one in a Kampfer thread someone made a while back. BTW, is it just me, or do female abridgers tend to not be as good as the males? I guess, as this particular series clearly shows, there's just more of a cultural emphasis on guys falling into the "wacky" and "cartoony" voice categories, which could be owed to the likes of Warner Bros. featuring a predominantly male cast in their animations over several decades (though, that's no excuse for why the girls' recordings aren't usually as clear).

10. takbir10

takbir10 Banned

my favs
    team four star (dragon ball z abridged)
    Yu gi oh abridged
    my favorite lines
    Gohan from team four star: I am going to escorvate you and use your gastronastical track as a condom and im gonna farnicate with your skull (Nappa says what)
    IM GONNA SKULL F*CK YOU
    Vegeta team four star:Immortality is finally my B*TCH
    Nappa Team four star: Vegeta look (points at choitzu)
    Its a Pokemon,Im gonna catch it.
    Vegeta: (saying to Zarbon before he kills him) I am about to blow my load all over your inside (Zarbon says what the....) No HOMO
    Atem/Pharaoh Yu Gi Oh abridged : I'm the mother flippin' king of games
    Kaiba Yu gi oh abridged: Screw the rules, i have money
    Joey Yu gi oh abridged: BROOKLYN RAGE

11. deathseer

deathseer Oh, u mad bro?

It was awesome before, but once purpleyesftw lent his voice it just became perfect.

And Taka still hasn't gotten his money.

12. Power464646

Power464646 The game

On a regular basis, I waste my life watching leather pants.

YGOA. Ahh, memories.

13. Mimori Kiryu

Mimori Kiryu Well-Known Member

I only watch YGOA and DBZA. I really enjoyed YYHA until it randomly stopped *sadface to Mr. Lanipator*

I remember meeting LK at a convention recently and I learned he continues to do YGOA because it actually gets people to watch the series again. He actually had a phone call with 4Kids once saying they were going to put YGO back on TV just because of his fame in the Abridged series.

And I don't think TFS is gonna stop any time soon and apparently they're working on something big...or at least they were hinting at it at Anime St. Louis back in April (Well, Lani, Taka and Kaiser were at least...)

14. Charizard Champion#06

Charizard Champion#06 Spiral Warrior

Confused. You do know it's still going right?

15. Chris

Chris Old Coot

They're currently working on Lord Slug Abridged.

16. Crimsonlink

Crimsonlink Crimson Champion

Wait as in the DBZ movie? lol I can't wait to hear about the Goku going false Super Saiyan.

17. Lugion

Lugion Well-Known Member

18. #1TransendTrainer

#1TransendTrainer PANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

watching Leather Pants on a regular basis,good 2 know im not the only 1
    the memories,FYI,the series is still going

19. #1TransendTrainer

#1TransendTrainer PANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

personally,i luv
    CardgamesFTW-wat YGO rly is about
    Ninjabridge-Naruto smoking
    FMABabridged-Ed & Al r British & Ed is a toal idiot
    (i luv this fmababridged line:
    Ed:*lists off ingredients 4 a cake* & that is wat an average human adult is made of
    Al:Ed,thats a cookbook
    Ed:so it is)

20. DawnGirl_4

DawnGirl_4 The Darkness within

yay an abridged thread!! I love littlekuriboh and his work!! I have watched every yugioh the abridged series and now I'm watching naruto the abridged series!! I love that stuff!! It makes me laugh...WOOT GO BAKURA