• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abridged Series

Chris

Old Coot
That is hilarious indeed XD.

What? No mention of Digimon Campers Guide
Good god, the Mewtwo Returns and Digimon ones are awful. The Digimon one is nothing more than "HUR DUR SILLY VOICES IT R FUNNEH" while that Mewtwo Returns one is...just flat out terrible in every regard. Nothing but god awful attempts at being random, paired up with terrible audio quality.

The Escaflowne one is actually funny as it has, surprise surprise, someone from TeamFourStar working on it. It actually involves being an abridged version of the series, including jabs at the show itself (and starting off with a jab at its FoxKids dub).

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I hate how everyone only does the original pokemon series and not the others.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
The Escaflowne one is actually funny as it has, surprise surprise, someone from TeamFourStar working on it. It actually involves being an abridged version of the series, including jabs at the show itself (and starting off with a jab at its FoxKids dub).

oh man, I need to watch more of hbi2k's material. Thus far, all I've seen are all of Berserk Abridged (and one or two of the commentaries), the first episode of the aforementioned Escaflowne parody, and maybe a couple episodes of his Code Geass parody. I think he also did a Last Exile oneshot and Gankutsuou (of which I only saw the first episode). He sure is one of the more diverse abridgers out there, isn't he? I'd probably attribute that to him tackling shorter series.

Chris

Old Coot
MasakoX and a few others have done a 12 episode Abridged version of Kampfer. It does everything it can to point out every single problem with the series in a wonderfully hilarious way. Also, there's a LOT of Team Fortress 2 references.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
MasakoX and a few others have done a 12 episode Abridged version of Kampfer. It does everything it can to point out every single problem with the series in a wonderfully hilarious way. Also, there's a LOT of Team Fortress 2 references.

oh yeah, I mentioned this one in a Kampfer thread someone made a while back. BTW, is it just me, or do female abridgers tend to not be as good as the males? I guess, as this particular series clearly shows, there's just more of a cultural emphasis on guys falling into the "wacky" and "cartoony" voice categories, which could be owed to the likes of Warner Bros. featuring a predominantly male cast in their animations over several decades (though, that's no excuse for why the girls' recordings aren't usually as clear).

takbir10

Banned
my favs
team four star (dragon ball z abridged)
Yu gi oh abridged
my favorite lines
Gohan from team four star: I am going to escorvate you and use your gastronastical track as a condom and im gonna farnicate with your skull (Nappa says what)
IM GONNA SKULL F*CK YOU
Vegeta team four star:Immortality is finally my B*TCH
Nappa Team four star: Vegeta look (points at choitzu)
Its a Pokemon,Im gonna catch it.
Vegeta: (saying to Zarbon before he kills him) I am about to blow my load all over your inside (Zarbon says what the....) No HOMO
Atem/Pharaoh Yu Gi Oh abridged : I'm the mother flippin' king of games
Kaiba Yu gi oh abridged: Screw the rules, i have money
Joey Yu gi oh abridged: BROOKLYN RAGE

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?

It was awesome before, but once purpleyesftw lent his voice it just became perfect.

And Taka still hasn't gotten his money.

Power464646

The game
On a regular basis, I waste my life watching leather pants.

YGOA. Ahh, memories.

Mimori Kiryu

I only watch YGOA and DBZA. I really enjoyed YYHA until it randomly stopped *sadface to Mr. Lanipator*

I remember meeting LK at a convention recently and I learned he continues to do YGOA because it actually gets people to watch the series again. He actually had a phone call with 4Kids once saying they were going to put YGO back on TV just because of his fame in the Abridged series.

And I don't think TFS is gonna stop any time soon and apparently they're working on something big...or at least they were hinting at it at Anime St. Louis back in April (Well, Lani, Taka and Kaiser were at least...)

Chris

Old Coot
And I don't think TFS is gonna stop any time soon and apparently they're working on something big...or at least they were hinting at it at Anime St. Louis back in April (Well, Lani, Taka and Kaiser were at least...)
They're currently working on Lord Slug Abridged.

#1TransendTrainer

PANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
On a regular basis, I waste my life watching leather pants.

YGOA. Ahh, memories.

watching Leather Pants on a regular basis,good 2 know im not the only 1
the memories,FYI,the series is still going

#1TransendTrainer

PANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
personally,i luv
CardgamesFTW-wat YGO rly is about
Ninjabridge-Naruto smoking
FMABabridged-Ed & Al r British & Ed is a toal idiot
(i luv this fmababridged line:
Ed:*lists off ingredients 4 a cake* & that is wat an average human adult is made of
Al:Ed,thats a cookbook
Ed:so it is)

DawnGirl_4

The Darkness within
yay an abridged thread!! I love littlekuriboh and his work!! I have watched every yugioh the abridged series and now I'm watching naruto the abridged series!! I love that stuff!! It makes me laugh...WOOT GO BAKURA