• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Absol or Umbreon?

Abol or Umbreon?

• Absol

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Other dark type

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spongeaud

Shikamaru Fan!
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but...For my main team(located in my sig the trainer card) which do u think is a better drak type pokemon absol or umbreon like attack wise which has better attacks and stats and what are a good move set for the one u think I should have?
Thanks for your help!

House of Numbers

Overheated Blaziken
It depends what you need it for.... Generally, Umbreon is a better Pokemon.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Bold (+Def, -Atk) or Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
252 HP / 150 Def / 108 SDef
- Curse
- Taunt
- Baton Pass
- Moonlight

After you do 4 Curses, Baton Pass to:

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Bold (+Def, -Atk) or Calm (+SDef, -Atk) or Timid (+Spd, -Atk) or Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
- Agility
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Baton Pass

After 2 Agility, Baton Pass to something like this:

Aerodactyl @ White Herb
Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk) or Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge / Hidden Power [Flying] / Aerial Ace

You should be able to sweep afterwords. After -4 Spd, +4 Atk and +4 Def from Curse, then +4 Spd from Agility, you'll have the sweep. Probably use Jolly on it, because you always want to get the first strike. If you can, try to Baton Pass a Substitute to Aerodactyl.

For your team, I'd likely say:

Replace Absol with Umbreon
Replace Pikachu with Jolteon
Replace Pidgeot with Aerodactyl

Last edited:

flamman

Absol anytime.

self service sweeper:

adamant@chesty
substitute
rest
swordsdance
return/shadowball/aerial ace

in your team: shadow ball, nothing to quick-counter ghosts.

Umbreon is better... but both are two totally different Pokemon. I mean, Umbreon is defense, Absol is offense.

...ingame though, I would say that Absol is more useful. :/ It can actually hit something a lot harder than Umbreon, and you could always get another defensive Pokemon (like Dusclops).

Yuna

Sweet beauty
Umbreon
95 HP / 65 Atk / 110 Def / 65 Speed / 60 SpA / 130 SpD

Moveset:
Umbreon@Leftlovers
-Mean Look
-Toxic
-Moonlight
-Taunt

Absol
65 HP / 130 Atk / 60 Def / 75 Speed / 75 SpA / 60 SpD

Moveset:
Absol@Leftlovers
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Ball
-HP fighting/Taunt
-Baton Pass

Absol`s movepool is fine and it`s attack is also good but poor defences stop him from being better.

Both are good but I would go with Umbreon.

Mullac51

Frankly I don't care
So hard to choose! I love both Absol and Umbreon! (Check their battle below)
Overall though. I'd have to say that Absol would be better.
~M51

~*DarkAbsol*~

run, i'll attack~~*
absol! not just because i love him but u can teach it many good moves like flamethrower and icebeam etc. but im not sure if u can teach umbreon those things :/

pachirisu_

love to hate!
umbreon! definitely it has higher stats i think

Pika Egg

Veteran newbie ^_^
umbreon! definitely it has higher stats i think
^ lol @ the underlined parts..

Like SapphireL said, it depends on whether you need someone for defense or offense. Umbreon = defense. Absol = offense. Neither can use Dark moves well, if that's what you're interested in (in which case, go for Houndoom). However, for story-line play, defense (and strategy in general) isn't going to help much, so I'd say go with Absol. I'd go for Return as the 3rd move on Hikari's set.

Last edited:

Shiny_Milotic

Absol is better ingame. Umbreon is a great Pokemon, and one of the best Baton Passers/Trappers, but you usually don't need that ingame. Get yourself familiar with the best movesets of each pokemon (www.smogon.com), and then decide. You might also want to consider a different Dark Pokemon. Houndoom and Shiftry are both pretty good ingame, unless you are trying to do Battle Frontier with them. Even then they aren't bad I suppose. Houndoom is better than the other three ingame, imo.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
I voted 'other dark type', I don't really like the only dark pokemon, I rather use Tyranitar or Houndoom.

pidgeotto

The Wish Maker
I don't know very much about Absol, but I've got an Umbreon I use pretty much. I guess the choice depends very much on your need for a sweeper or a tanker. My Umbreon goes like this:

Umbreon@leftovers
bold: 252 HP, 129 def, 129sp.def
mean look
baton pass
toxic
moonlight

The mean look-baton pass combo is pretty decent:)
A toxic before you baton pass works too.
moonlight is there for longer stalling in case you want to poison your foe to fainting. moonlight may be replaced with wish, in case you'll want to pass on some healing;)

BattlePikeKing140

Alea iacta est.
Defenitely Absol. Ingame, Umbreon does NOTHING and really isn't all that effective. Absol is a good Dark-type with some good attack power.
It's hard to compare the two, they are complete opposites....

Scyther the impireal

Fear is here...
Normally I would say umbreon because he's my fav. dark-type, but one should never choose a pokemon because of personal preference. So I go with absol all the way.

;123;

Status
Not open for further replies.