• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Absol-ute Disaster! (384)

Vernikova

Champion
An okay episode. Max was pretty annoying in this one as well as the whole group automatically believing some kid instead of the rest of the town.

Like I said about Armaldo in "Where's Armaldo?", now that I see it in the anime, Absol is a pretty awesome looking Pokemon. :)

I think this was a nice episode and had a nice story of Absol paying back for what Gordon did for it. Also I feel sorry for Absol for getting all the blame...
Once again surprised by Ash & Co.'s horrible eyesight of not identifying Team Rocket disguised as "Absol Hunters" XD

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmmm Absol getting a bad reputation cuz of the disaster superstitions was accurate with the games. Mostly I liked how the Cotd was dressed kind of like a cowboy hee hee. :3

JudySpell

Banned
I used to like Absol after seeing it in the Jirachi movie but it was boring here. The superstition and bad luck stuff just wasn't that enjoyable. 5/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I thought this episode was verging on being good, but fell flat by the end. I know I would have believed that Absol was innocent too, especially if those villagers found a Pokedex and read it...

ZilverLox

Banned
I thought it was pretty good. Now, I've gotta admit, I am getting tired of all these filler episodes before Ash's 8th gym battle. But, they had a lot of filler episodes before his 8th gym battle in Johto too, so that doesn't surprise me. Anyway, I liked the beginning, and how it looked as though Absol did cause the bridge to break, making it seem as though it caused disasters. That was kind of dramatic.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Seeing so many misfortunes befall Satoshi's friends and the Rocket-dan was interesting since it reinforced the disaster superstitions about Absol. I enjoyed how Satoru owned a Heracross since we hadn't seen one in a while, and the fact that the wild Absol was actually trying to prevent a flood was predictable, but fine.

Daizy

I call you honey
Wow this episode was boring, save for the magically non-sequitur boss fantasy. They pronounced Absol wrong, horrible voices for the random characters, and a bad story line.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's a shame how the Absol that we saw in this episode was so uninteresting when compared to the Jirachi movie's Absol. Absol is one of my favorite Houen Pokemon too, which adds insult to injury.

A standard filler episode. I liked it all right just not many things made it stand out. Absol could have been handled better. I did like how the boss fantasy changed a little, that the mystery was not obvious from the beginning and all the time spent explaining the research on Absol was fascinating. Seeing so many Pokemon attacking one target was fun since it's something that mostly only happens in the movies.

Absol is awesome. I wish Ash caught one.