• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Absol-ute Disaster! (384)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
jolteonjak said:
Of all those attacks, Shedinja would resist every one EXCEPT Torkoal's Flamethrower (provided Heracross' HP wasn't Fire, Rock, Flying, Ghost, or Dark). <-- Useless trivia :-D
Heracross can learn Rock Slide genius.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
No kidding. But did it use it in the episode? No, genius. Half of the Pokemon used in that scene could probably learn Aerial Ace...

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Okay episode. Didn't take my interest as much as I would have liked.

The Australian accents were rather funny to me. Couldn't quite catch James' accent... probably didn't have one. It doesn't matter though, his voice sucks now anyway. Just about every other joke TR made was just plain corny, so I can't say they helped this episode that much.

Absol arrive right before a disaster as a warning, they don't create the disasters themselves. That's what the discovery of the episode was, right? At first I thought they just said, straightforwardly, that Absol don't actually have anything to do with disasters, they just get framed or have occasional bad luck... but that would take away the whole point of Absol.

Scenes with many Pokemon attacking together are kinda cliche... but it was cool seeing them on that cliff attacking. I think I saw an avatar of that or something...

Well, just standard filler for me. 7/10.

J

Joe_Pokemon20000

This topic AND episode is an Absol-ute Disaster here!

SamsGFX

<< May Is Sexci!
I hate Absol's voice! It sounds so wierd. I didn't imagine it to be that low :/

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
The only thing I liked about this filler ep was Ash and Co's Pokemon working together with Gordon's Heracross to stop the flood. Everything else was lame.

Ash's Pika Pal

some have to let go
Aww I liked this episode. Absol was so cool for its first non movie anime appearence. Poor Absol, people thought it brought disasters, but in reality it just tryed to warn people. I will rate this episode 8/10.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, at LONG last, thanks to the twice-daily afternoon reruns of Cartoon Network, I was FINALLY able to see this episode. Honestly, it was like I had an honest-to-goodness curse over my head with this episode. First I missed its original airing last winter because they changed the airtime to 10 AM, then I missed the one or two afternoon reruns they had before this. Then I had a Hitchcockian moment at the drivethru of McDonalds with hundreds of geese passing over my head after this episode aired. Oh wait, *maybe* that's not connected (but it's true). :eek:

Anyway... on to my review. Well, what impressed me the most was Eric Stuart, Rachel Lillis, and Maddie Blaustein with the fake British accents. I don't know if they were even remotely authentic, but they kept them up in all the right places throughout the episode. Good work there. I liked how they got trapped on top of the huge boulder and had no idea how LOL (I also liked Meowth's line about just following the sign about going there for an "all-around good time". Yeah, bad pun, but I still found it funny because of the situation). I loved Wobbuffet accidentally getting knocked over by Meowth during the motto too. LOL The story was really good too. I knew well ahead of time just from mulling things over that absols were really there as warnings of disaster, but it was still enjoyable to watch. Nicky was a bit annoying, but I loved Gordon.

It's also weird how much the show changed in just the nine months since I missed this episode. Hearing the old motto again, seeing adorable little Chimie, seeing so many pokemon that aren't on the show in season nine, it was all so surreal seeing how different the show was at just the beginning of 2006. At least I finally got to see this episode, and I'm very happy. :) Now if only I could see "Beauty and the Beach"...

Overall, 7.5/10.

Battra

An ok episode not one of my favorites, but Absol is always nice to see.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I thought this episode was quite good really. I know I would have believed that Absol was innocent too, especially if those villagers found a pokedex and read it...

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I always thought Absol was the cause of disasters. I guess a lot of others thought so too, which is why they had to make an entire episode saying that Absol appears before a disaster, but doesn't cause them.

Totally pointless episode. As fillers go, even this was boring. It was like a Pokémon version of the hunt for bloody Frankenstein or something >(

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I felt bad for Absol, just because it's been labelled as a disaster Pokemon doesn't make it true, they should have given it a chance.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
man what an idea, absol tries to warn people for a disaster and then get's the blame,
human nature at it's best:p anyway it was a nice episode i liked it.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Absol is really awesome! I really wish that ash would've caught one...
It's hyper beam was really powerfull

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Maybe it's just me, but from Lilycove onward, there seems to be a lot of episodes that seem Filler-ish due to their lack of progressing the story much. This episode is a prime example since Absol didn't help Ash or friends achieve anything great. I liked that they decided to link bad luck and disasters with Absol though since it's the unlucky Pokemon in most media. Pretty cool but not much else to note. 5/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Absol wasn't really evil, it just trying to help.

and i loved to see an Heracross.

6/10

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see an Absol for the 1st time. It was rough seeing the Villagers all hate Absol because they are blaming them for bringing natural disasters to the town. It was great to see them have a change of heart after realizing the truth and that Absol was only trying to help them. Absol usually shows up before a disaster for warning, it makes sense why it was mistaken at 1st.

30/100

Trapman

Bazinga!!
Ha Ha, man I remember this episode, it feels like ages ago. It was a cool episode with a cool pokemon, more interesting than most fillers.