• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Absolution I, The Face-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure

back.
absolutionibannerqp1.png

Welcome to Absolution I, the Face-Off! In this next-generation game, more strategy and thought will be required when playing. Those simple-minded who wish to stay out of this, please do, but you are missing out on the experience that will revolutionize the Face-Off World!

The Method used is known as "Absolution I" with the game rules listed below.

Main Rules:
1. All SPPf Rules apply. This includes SPAMming, flaming, etc.
2. All SPPf Face-Off Rules apply.
3. You are required to check up on the glossary periodically, as I will be updating it constantly.
4. Always check the first post for the details on the rules, and the current round details. Always.
5. If I am away for over 14 days, my other staff may take power, instead of the face-off being immediately staryued.
6. To be a tallyist, you must PM me. There will be 3 Tallyists, with 1 being Assistant Manager.

Staff
Pure: Manager (Leads the Face-Off in every aspect. Is the Game Master.)
Manetric: Head Tallyist (Is the main Tallyist. Is in charge of all other tallyists hired after him, or otherwise subjected to him.)

Game Rules
Black Point: -2
Red Point: -1
Silver Point: +1
Gold Point: +2
Plague Point: -1 every other post
Antidote: Negates Plague Point
Red Slash: Negates the last 5 votes
Gold Warp: Repeats the last 5 votes
Blast: Kills the target. Single-use. Only available when the user has amassed 200 UP. Resets the UP count.
UP (User Points): The credit each voter gets by each vote.
  • Black Point: 1
  • Red Point: 1
  • Silver Point: 1
  • Gold Point: 1
  • Plague Point: 2
  • Antidote: 2
  • Red Slash: 3
  • Gold Warp: 3
  • Platinum Point: 2
  • Diamond Point: 2
  • Blast: RESET
Platinum Point: +1 over 2 targets OR +2 over 1 target
Diamond Point: +1 over 3 targets OR +3 over 1 target OR +2 over 1 target and +1 over another
  • Each tallyist must be assigned. 3 Tallyists required.
  • Each user must keep a count of their UP on their votes.
  • 10 Candidates to begin (sometimes 15)
  • Candidates begin with 50 Life
  • Candidates have an assigned Toughness. Each toughness point resists 1 negative point per tally.
  • Candidates win when they reach 500 Life. The goal is to reach 500 Life, and therefore gain the power to obliterate all else. Hence, Absolution.

Stage:
The 10 Pokémon have been chosen. Voting is once per 30 seconds, and the game has begun.

Each Pokémon will have an assigned toughness. This is determined partially by evolution level (strength) and other factors, including legendarity (xP).
Some will not have any toughness, and will not resist any negative hits. Do not object to the toughness ratings, as they are determined by pure statistics.

Unown: 50 L - t0
Lanturn: 50 L - t0
Dragonair: 50 L - t1
Lapras: 50 L - t1
Latias: 50 L - t2
Ninetales: 50 L - t1
Electabuzz: 50 L - t1
Alakazam: 50 L - t2
Elekible: 50 L - t2
Jumpluff: 50 L - t2

L=Life - tX=X Toughness

Last edited:
As I said...good, fixed NV, but you need to keep a key in your sig.

Also...how do the Blasts work? Does it mean instant elimination by a user who has 200 UP? If that is the case...then why would anyone use the SP, for instance, as it only gives one? :/ Or maybe I am missing something...

Lemme go with--Unown 8D...

Manetric

!sdrawkcaB
Like the improved rules fro the type face off
I am nominating my Bishie, Lanturn
Edit: I can't PM you

Dragonfan

Best. Rank. Ever!
Okay, I nominate my favourite pokemon... Dragonair!

Edit: Shining Alakazam delete some of your posts. I can't pm you.

Last edited:

Lapras_Lover

I'll nominate Lapras!!!

Powerful, cool, and awewsome...

Pure

back.
Unown, Lanturn, Dragonair, Lapras, Latias, Ninetales, Electabuzz accepted.

*puts up teh Zam*

2 more.

@Dragonfan and Manetric: I cleared some space. Psi filled up my box o.o

Last edited:

Pure

back.
It was, sorry.

Elekible and Jumpluff accepted.

We have 10 nominations. We may start the match.

-Begin Game-

Each Pokémon will have an assigned toughness. This is determined partially by evolution level (strength) and other factors, including legendarity (xP).
Some will not have any toughness, and will not resist any negative hits. Do not object to the toughness ratings, as they are determined by pure statistics.

Unown: 50 L - t0
Lanturn: 50 L - t0
Dragonair: 50 L - t1
Lapras: 50 L - t1
Latias: 50 L - t2
Ninetales: 50 L - t1
Electabuzz: 50 L - t1
Alakazam: 50 L - t2
Elekible: 50 L - t2
Jumpluff: 50 L - t2

L=Life - tX=X Toughness

Pure

back.
Good. Now keep track of your UP. A Black Point gives you 1, so put a 1 at the bottom of your post.

SP Alakazam

Pure

back.
*sigh* No.

Plague Point must be aimed at a Pokémon, AND it costs 2. Look at the first post.

SP Alakazam.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
oh...i thought plague point just awas aimed at every lasy post of every pokemon

PP...unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.