• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Abstinence in Middle School

jigsawtimes

purple pokemon ftw
Teaching abstinence only is a bad system, I live in the UK and early on we were taught about sex, condoms, STD's and peer pressure. And seriously, as a kid I appreciated the honesty, kids need clear and honest information about sex because they are going to find out one way or another. There will be kids in America who have only been taught abstinence (which definitely isn't for anybody) and so have just went into sex without knowing about all this stuff, it's horrible because it leads to a whole world of consequences but it isn't their fault, they were never told.

Giving them honest information about these things isn't going to encourage them to be promiscuous, it is just preparing them for something that is going to happen sooner or later. If they aren't prepared, it is disastrous, and that is why I find the idea of all kids purposely not being told this stuff atrocious.

true dat. people are always going to rebel (and have sex eventually), so it's best to teach them to enjoy sex and prevent teen pregnancies.

Blazivoir

Beauty Trainer
Abstinence is a stupid idea, children can make thier own minds up about what they want. And teaching drugs/sex early in schools is a bad idea too..it will lead you to wanting them more no matter how hard they try and put you off. Just let the kids learn for themselves from thier parents/thier own desires and such. If a kid really wants to do something then 9 times out of ten they will do it

Karmatic

Do-Bu-Ru!
im tired of readin this. I m a christain and I am waiting till i am married, idc what you say. I dont really even care what they teach. Everyone already knows it except for the one oddball whos parents only let them watch rated G movies. Basicly to them Sex Ed is just a class to go and giggle at. The people who have sex before they're married, thats just bad, not judging, but its just bad. Ya I know im a noob, so what, I wanna go to heaven and so do u

I don't want to go to something unreal. Get your head out of your ***. You are judging people. It is by no means bad.

Grei

not the color
Dont have sex with multiple partners, just have sex with one person (wife or husband) that has been tested for STD's, wear a condom (doesnt always work) or just dont have sex.

You can have sex with as many people as you want. As long as none of them have chlamydia, you're not going to contract the disease.

And what you're saying sounds a lot like abstinence, which also isn't necessary. I had sex with a girl when I was sixteen. I'm not married to her, she wasn't tested for STD's, and I'm chlamydia-free.

I don't want to tell others that sex isn't that big of a thing, since that implies the wrong idea... but it really isn't this end-all, high-risk activity. At least, it isn't if you're intelligent about it.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
You can have sex with as many people as you want. As long as none of them have chlamydia, you're not going to contract the disease.

Yeah, but think of the social effects. You can't have an affair and not have somebody finding out. *cough*ARNOLD*cough*

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
To kinda quote Dale Gribble

"I know you know what sex is, your a teenager, and sometimes you forget to delete your browsing history. But you are not ready for the mental aspects of sex!"

or somthing like that (Mind you Joseph was only 13 iirc at the time).