• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Accents

What kind of accent do you speak with? Is your accent normal for where you live, or is it different from those around you?

I speak with an American accent. I guess the best way to describe it would be to call it a West coast accent, which I think is the most portrayed accent in American media. It's strange since I was raised on the East coast and currently live in the midwest, where they speak with what's very similar to a Minnesota accent.

Sounds like I have the same accent as you... it's a boring accent... and I live on the east coast, too... it's called a west coast accent? Really? *Has never been to the west coast... closest is Vegas*

Sounds like I have the same accent as you... it's a boring accent... and I live on the east coast, too... it's called a west coast accent? Really? *Has never been to the west coast... closest is Vegas*
I'm not really sure, but I have the same accent as a lot of people in movies and shows that take place in California. I guess you could call it the "normal" American accent since it's the most portrayed, sounds the clearest, and doesn't have as many particular sounds as the accents in other parts of the country.

I don't have an accent; everyone else does.

But I suppose if you were to ask someone else what accent I have, they'd say a faint Californian accent.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Somewhere between Recieved Pronounciation and Estuary English.

Basically a posh english accent. What ho! Crumpets and all that!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
^ LOL Now I wanna have a listen, sounds freakin' awesome. Wait, it's just a regular British accent... (slow)

We Arizonians don't have an accent. And I wish we did, I love accents.

My papa has a Southern accent, though, being from Alabama. Strange how my mom never did pick it up... I don't think.

Spade616

i speak with an american accent(west coast to be more specific) despite not being american and not having grown up in a native english speaking country.(i live in the philippines) i picked up this accent from watching TONS of tv since i was a young boy and before i knew it, i caught it.

annoying thing though is when i speak in english over here, people stare at me. what i dont like is that they might have the impression that im trying to be american and not true to my roots, when in fact this is just the way i normally speak. :p

Last edited:

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I don't know what my accent would be referred to as, but I grew up in Illinois if that means anything.

Even though I've always thought that the Midwest had one of the most clear accents, I've heard that my accent (as in the general accent, not mine specifically) is apparently considered heavy by other standards.

Last edited:

Crystalmew9

Ultimate Mew Fan
Uh...I don't really have an accent xD I just live in America, so...

Del Mundo

Ghost Fan
I'm American. I guess you'd say I have a midwestern accent. To me, I feel like I have no accent, or is it just because its us? It's the kind of accent you'd see in most american cartoons.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I speak with an English accent, specifically one of the Northern ones. In the grand scheme of English accents mine's fairly neutral and where I live I would mostly be considered accentless, but people from other parts of the country would probably think I sound a bit Scouse.

I have a Midland accent, which is, of course, another way of saying that I have no tinge of accent that I can take note of, from what I hear of my own voice. I suppose the inflections you hear on a daily basis aren't really processed as "accents." This is why some depict themselves as being devoid of an accent, when their brogue would be easily perceptible to an outsider.

There is a particular tendency in the States to interpret an American accent as the lack of an accent. Are things the same on the opposite side of the Atlantic?

Molly2010

Pokemon addict
I am from Canada so I guess I have a...Canadian accent? Except it's not like what people make fun of on tv....i never say "eh"