• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Acceptance in the Face of Adversity

Obviously, people can't get over outward appearances no matter how hard they try, so there will always be a rift between blacks and whites, and there will always be racism, by both sides.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Well, it's more than just appearances. It's culture. We're constantly made aware of race by our seniors, our peers, and the media. It makes us feel the differences more strongly, and we either dislike those who are different or make an effort to accept them. I guess you could say that culture is that way because of appearances, but... a lot of it has to do with ignorance. We think our society is better than any other society, and that we're smarter than everyone else. There are more differences than just race than affect how we view others.

Glacial

Banned
Hey i just thought of something i can say that is pretty stupid....so i will say it :D

Humans are like a certain model sports car (take your pick) all are the same, they can come in a variety of colors but they all do the same thing. No one is better than the other.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why cars are better people than us...ok i need to work on the last part a bit. And the wording. And the general overall idea.

...it sounded better in my head :(

It must have, since what you just said is extraordinarily flawed and insulting.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
TS- I don't really agree with your sentence about black people not living in the same place as white, I am half Mayalsian and Half Australian, now my Dad's side is black and they live in a normal house, and I am certain there are white people living in thier neighbourhood considering I have seen some of them before, their house is no different to some of my Mum's side of the family houses.

I don't think they dealt with many racist, well maybe my grandmother but I am not sure about the others, neither have I for that matter. (I have been picked on for other reasons thought)

RagTag

Shroomin'
I'm not racist, Though I used to get made fun of in school for being white. I went to school in the really ghetto part of Long Beach. The number of white people at that school (not counting myself) could be counted on one hand with a few fingers missing I'm not exaggerating. I got over being made fun of though I learned it's easier to just roll with the insults or make fun of yourself after a while I started saying things like,

Guy 1: Why can't you play that song right

Me: Cut me some slack I'm white I have no rhythm

"us" and "them"
Down and out [/Pink Floyd Refrence]
Anyway I don't see how any of Zweet's racism or anger is at all involved with white people. Oh no, he's gotten called a ***** before.
Don't black people call each other that alot? Why is it offensive when coming jokingly from a white person? That's my question.

Zweet

Down and out [/Pink Floyd Refrence]
Anyway I don't see how any of Zweet's racism or anger is at all involved with white people. Oh no, he's gotten called a ***** before.
Don't black people call each other that alot? Why is it offensive when coming jokingly from a white person? That's my question.

White people say it to show that they aren't scared of black people. But who runs when a bro picks up his cell phone? I can assure you that it's not the 20 black guys with knifes, my white friend :) Don't diss a higher power. We bros call each other that cause we grew up with it, white people aren't welcome in our N-world. Like how black people aren't welcome on Net Cafés.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
White people say it to show that they aren't scared of black people. But who runs when a bro picks up his cell phone? I can assure you that it's not the 20 black guys with knifes, my white friend :) Don't diss a higher power. We bros call each other that cause we grew up with it, white people aren't welcome in our N-world. Like how black people aren't welcome on Net Cafés.

Hang on. You say you are all for peace and love and white people loving black people blah blah, and yet you now say that 'white people aren't welcome in [your] N-world'

So what is it? Are you pro-peace or not?

And, ive just noticed, what is this 'don't diss a higher power' thing you are talking about?

Zweet

Hang on. You say you are all for peace and love and white people loving black people blah blah, and yet you now say that 'white people aren't welcome in [your] N-world'

So what is it? Are you pro-peace or not?

And, ive just noticed, what is this 'don't diss a higher power' thing you are talking about?

It's like how we bros are not welcome in your net cafés. But we can still luv each other. Like sisters or something. Some got something the other don't.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
i dont understand how '[your] bros' aren't welcome here. There are LOADS of black people here, and asian and white, and whoever else. No one is excluded because of the colour of their skin or their heritage, not on this site anyway! It's a place for everyone, Serebii Joe has said it himself!!

Zweet

i dont understand how '[your] bros' aren't welcome here. There are LOADS of black people here, and asian and white, and whoever else. No one is excluded because of the colour of their skin or their heritage, not on this site anyway! It's a place for everyone, Serebii Joe has said it himself!!

Martin Luther King also said it, but it's first when Serebii Joe, a white guy says it, that it matters... We blackos aren't welcome in the geeky world, and thus, we don't welcome you white people in the real world.

Still, we can all be friendz.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
i refer you to our conversation in my public gallery thingy - By seperating people by skin colour into boxes, i.e geeky, you are making the situation worse! And what makes you think that Black people are in the 'real' world and white people are not? It doesn't make any sense.

Zweet

i refer you to our conversation in my public gallery thingy - By seperating people by skin colour into boxes, i.e geeky, you are making the situation worse! And what makes you think that Black people are in the 'real' world and white people are not? It doesn't make any sense.

White people usually go to Net Cafés. It's kinda their territory. We black people are usually banging in the clubs.

But as you said, let's not seperate. We're all humans :) One luv!

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
In my school, if a White person is racist to a Black person, they get punish serverely. If the opposite, no one really cares.

I don't really know why racist comments anyway. I don't see no point.

KBM117

I'm half British, half Korean, so it's hard for me to be racist towards others. I just don't have it in me to be mean to someone else just because of his/her skin color. And my British relatives get along with my Korean relatives pretty well actually.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
We blackos aren't welcome in the geeky world,

My uncle happens to be African-American, and he's the most computer/tech-savvy person I might ever meet. I've learned all kinds of things about technology from him, so stop stereotyping ethnic races. There are always exceptions to the stereotypes, so there's no point in making a "solid" stereotype.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I've got a Black friend who's incredible with electronics. She is what (you) call a nerd. and by the way. If you say you "blackos" arn't welcome in the geeky world the why the hell are you on these forums?

You have holes everywhere in your logic m8. :)
the thread is turing into a flamewar and this

Last edited:

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
I've had little racism towards myself, but I know a guy in my class who is obsessed with skin colour. He's black, and judges people by other's skin colour fairly often. It strikes me as highly unpleasant.

Everyones a rittle bit lacist.
Did you get that from Avenue Q? I know it's an old comment, but still.

Yogurt

Oddly enough, we just went over this at retreat today. We talked about all the prejudices against other groups. It's odd because I would find myself thinking about thinks that I would never consider true. It's funny what the media puts into your head. :\