• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Accidently bough US-Region Guardian Signs D:

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
I have a pretty urgent question, and I hope this is the right place to post it! :S
I bought my boyfriend Guardian Signs for Christmas and it's just arrived in the post from Amazon, however it appears I accidently bought an American copy despite shopping on the UK Amazon. My own fault I know, but it wasn't made extremely clear at the time and I remember having a rough day.

It's already the 12th and if I'm going to even try and get a refund I need to do it soon, so I need to know if there's any way that the giving him the US version is going to effect the game play, or will it work exactly as it should?

I remember on my Shadows Of Almia game I got a Manaphy, a Darkrai and a Riolu, and if there's anything similar in Guardian Signs I'm worried they won't transfer to a UK copy of the main Pokémon games. There's also worry that it MIGHT be region locked and can't be played on a UK DS though they rarely are...
Please help, I'm an idiot and Googling doesn't give me many results.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
IIRC, if you're playing on a DSi or 3DS model, all games are region locked, but if you have an older model of the DS, don't worry about it.

Lunafloon

Shiny Hunter
IIRC, if you're playing on a DSi or 3DS model, all games are region locked, but if you have an older model of the DS, don't worry about it.

Well he's planning to buy a 3DS eventually, and I know (though I'm not supposed to) that my mother has bought me the same game from the same seller and I play on a 3DS XL.
Does that mean I definitely should try and refund and replace them for UK versions? :/

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
If you want to keep from being region locked out of your game, you may want to consider so

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well he's planning to buy a 3DS eventually, and I know (though I'm not supposed to) that my mother has bought me the same game from the same seller and I play on a 3DS XL.
Does that mean I definitely should try and refund and replace them for UK versions? :/

If you don't have an original DS or a DS Lite, then yeah, you need to do so. Any other model of the DS or 3DS will be region locked, so he can't play it.