• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Accuracy vs. Power

GuardChomp

(︶_︶)╭∩╮
When Giving pokemon movesets, do you ussually go for Accuracy of power?
For me:
Ussually- Rock Slide>Stone Edge
Always- Sludge Bomb>Gunk Shot
Always- Flamethrower>Fire Blast
Ussually- Thunderbolt>Thunder
50-50- Cross Chop=Close Combat
Ussually- Ice Beam>Blizard
Ussually- Power Whip> Seed Bomb
Always- Mega Punch>Mega Kick
So Yeah, I'm more of an Accuracy Guy. (Power whip has more pp than other stong attacks so PW>SB.)

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I go for power, mostly, but I generally won't use more inaccurate moves (such as Fire Blast/Blizzard/Thunder/Hydro Pump).

Zibdas

not bad
I just use moves like Thunderbolt and Flamethrower out of tradition.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I have naturally horrible luck with high power-low accuracy moves such as thunder or fire blast. As such, I tend to stick to more reliable moves such as thunderbolt and ice beam 98% of the time.

Flame Mistress

I go for more balanced out ones such as Ice Beam and Sky Uppercut. But sometimes I do power as well, since my Charizard knows Fire Blast for competitive play (why on earth, I have no idea).

Accuracy. The move misses and the Power is temporarily 0.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
to be honest I go for both.
Accuracy if I'm in a really intense tournament but go for power if I decided to take a gamble and finish the battle off with a final blow.

I always use weather conditions to increase the accuracy of Thunder and Hurricane though so I guess you can say that I go for accuracy more.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I definitely like higher accuracy. If it doesn't have 90% (or on a rare occasion, 85%) accuracy or higher, I won't use it. Status moves are sometimes an exception.

Oh yeah, I NEVER use Focus Blast, it always misses for me. (Focus Miss, lol.) Teaches me never to trust 70 accuracy moves.

i normally go for accuracy unless there's a more powerful option with decent accuracy. So i'd go with fire blast > flamethrower if possible, but id go with t-bolt > thunder. there are other things that change my mind like abilities, accuracy boosting items, etc

Vulken

The OD of the OG
In-game is always accuracy, wi-fi is usually accuracy unless under certain conditions (like Blizzard in a hail team or Thunder in a rain team).

DasBoot

Depends on if there is weather. Like the popular Thunder+Rain Dance combo.
But I am generally too impatient for those. I'll use Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, etc.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Accuracy. The highest power I usually use is 80-95.

However I do love the Rain dance/Thunder combo. Works great with Kyogre.

btw, does Hail really make blizzard 100 % accurate?

PokeMEN

PokeMEN Master
I go for accuracy most times, except for my galvantula who uses thunder most of the time...good thing its ability is compound eyes (;