• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ace Attorney series

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
^
If anyone is interested in playing our favorite spikey-haired, blue lawyer in UMvC3 then you should check out this amazing PW tutorial by Lythero, who might be the best PW player out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPmf1GHHOoU

And KagatoTheFinalBoss has some good Phoenix Wright play with his Courtroom drama/Raging at Lawyers series.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC24E053FF64D9A39

And recently there was a Phoenix Wright Community Compilation Video that show off some cool combos. Although they're mainly for style and not practicality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cthp0X6wngo&list=FL8KDSOUIa6Z9UNHbF5wF6nA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I play Phoenix Wright on point on my UMvC3 team, I'm not really that good at the game, but I have fun using PW.
If anyone gets the chance to play PW in UMvC3, just remember you need good teammates & assists that can help protect Nick, while he collects the 3 good pieces of evidence to get to turnabout mode.
The fighting community generally agrees PW is near the bottom of the tier list, but he becomes a real threat if he can reach turnabout mode, and especially if he has the cellphone evidence.

wait how the heck would that even work? phoenex VS ghost rider? come on as much as i love AA, GR would win that one.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
I'm pretty terrible with PW in UMvC3. I managed to win a few matches with him, but that was pure luck. Most of the time whenever I pick him I end up losing. I just can't enter Turnabout Mode fast enough or at all. I'm trying to get better so I'll at least know what I'm doing wrong because even a beginner can beat me with my current skills.

wait how the heck would that even work? phoenex VS ghost rider? come on as much as i love AA, GR would win that one.

lol
That's MvC for you. Pitting the likes of Phoenix Wright and Chris Redfield against Magneto, Ghost Rider and other super strong Marvel (and Capcom) characters.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
ok im stuck in trials and tribulations
im stuck in adrian andrews psycke lock
i need to prove that the urn i got at the trial was genuine.
i tried presenting:
deseree delight's profile and the poster of the urn saying I AM.(neither of them worked)
am i missing something?

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
You need to get the urn. I think you get it after talking to Ron about being blackmailed or something like that. It's been some time since I played Trials and Tribulations, but I'm pretty sure you need the urn.

So who's excited for voice acting and returning characters in AA5?

Personally, I don't know what to say. Voice acting could be a good or a bad thing. Depending on the cast. I'm sure it'll feel awkward at first, but I'm also sure I'll get used to it. If it's not too terrible that is.
As for the returning characters, I won't mind them and I guess it's to be expected.

Last edited:

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I just started on the first one the other day, as I found it on the App Store. Liking it so far. I'm gonna finish it and probably get the rest when my exams are through.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
You need to get the urn. I think you get it after talking to Ron about being blackmailed or something like that. It's been some time since I played Trials and Tribulations, but I'm pretty sure you need the urn.

Personally, I don't know what to say. Voice acting could be a good or a bad thing. Depending on the cast. I'm sure it'll feel awkward at first, but I'm also sure I'll get used to it. If it's not too terrible that is.
As for the returning characters, I won't mind them and I guess it's to be expected.

thanks (i actually figured it out before u posted but still thanks XD)
i just interuppted demasqes trial..and im stuck again *sigh*

ParaChomp

be your own guru

There goes me voicing every line when nobody's looking...

What?

Anyways, hope the dub's good and they get actual voice actors as opposed to the staff.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails

well if thay make it sound close enough to their current voice i'll be happy :D
(in case u are wondering, im reffering to when they yell "objection")

ForgottenPearl

Voice acting might be annoying if you're stuck on a certain testimony, going back and forth between statements. So I'd prefer those be text-only. Other than that, I just hope they get quality voice actors.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Voice acting might be annoying if you're stuck on a certain testimony, going back and forth between statements. So I'd prefer those be text-only. Other than that, I just hope they get quality voice actors.

An if you have to re-hear the same lines over and over if u lose, it could get annoying.

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
I wonder if Capcom will have Sam Riegel revoice the OBJECTION!s, HOLD IT!s and TAKE THAT!s when AA5 is localized, because they had him voice PW in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Ben Judd the original voice actor for the English versions of Ace Attorney doesn't work for Capcom anymore.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Vic Mignogna as Phoenix calling it now! (I know he has a VA for the Marvel game but they may change it not sure) In my mind I do want Chris Sabat as Maya but I know they will never do it lol

~Demon Maxwell~

The Clever Girl
Omg, I had no idea there was Phoenix Wright club/thread! Bah, I recently got into these games through watching some awesome guy do a voice-through walk-through thing (this was before I knew I could get the games myself) of Ace Attorney on Youtube. But I'm currently playing Justice For All - and I have minorly touched Trials and Tribulations, just to see what it was like for when I finished JfA - and it's absolutely fantastic!

I'm very excited for number five... but not so impressed they're getting rid of Maya. Or so I heard anyways... if they're not, I'm all the happier! ^^

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Omg, I had no idea there was Phoenix Wright club/thread! Bah, I recently got into these games through watching some awesome guy do a voice-through walk-through thing (this was before I knew I could get the games myself) of Ace Attorney on Youtube. But I'm currently playing Justice For All - and I have minorly touched Trials and Tribulations, just to see what it was like for when I finished JfA - and it's absolutely fantastic!

I'm very excited for number five... but not so impressed they're getting rid of Maya. Or so I heard anyways... if they're not, I'm all the happier! ^^

Whaaa! i didnt hear anything about them getting rid of her.
i will be majorly pissed if they do.
either way, doesn anyone know if the PW released on the Itunes store is worth getting?

Flame Mistress

Whaaa! i didnt hear anything about them getting rid of her.

You... didn't know that?

There a new female assistant who has ginger hair - at least, that's what I remember. But yes, they've gotten rid of Maya.

Anyway, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney was released in Japan yesterday, for those who have forgotten. Just out of curiosity, has anyone here ordered the game from Japan?

lovetheangelshadow

One heck of a Nobody
Has anyone watched the Ace Attorney movie? Just throwing that out there. My club watched it the other day....let's just say I think it would have been done better. There were so many things they did wrong....

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
You... didn't know that?

There a new female assistant who has ginger hair - at least, that's what I remember. But yes, they've gotten rid of Maya.

Anyway, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney was released in Japan yesterday, for those who have forgotten. Just out of curiosity, has anyone here ordered the game from Japan?
O_O" no i didnt.
and i havent heard anything, i just hope it getts over here.
Has anyone watched the Ace Attorney movie? Just throwing that out there. My club watched it the other day....let's just say I think it would have been done better. There were so many things they did wrong....
i want to see it, but im afraid of how its going to turn out.
i dont want to get my hopes up.

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Picked up Apollo Justice last night. I have been trying to expand my game catalog since I have all of the Layton series and Pokemon series I want. I have been interested in this series for a while, but the games are very hard to find at a decent price. Seems like all the games past the original Ace Attorney are above market price.