• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ACTA has Passed, say goodbye to serebii

Autis-misc

Abridger
here is the source: http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/01/26/meet-sopas-evil-twin-acta/

I was wondering what ACTA was, and Heard it was even worse than SOPA. so I checked in on the hazards, and Found this and My answer. If you have Copyrighted anything, anywhere, you can get sent to jail. which Really sucks. So let us share our last words.

I used to have respect for Obama, but then he pulls this shit

But idk, I'm a bit skeptical whether this article is legit or not

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
i never liked obama but this is the worst

Phoopes

There it is.
Oh, I'd like to quote something from the article.

Dat Article said:
In 2010, 75 law professors signed a letter to President Obama urging him not to sign the pact. They went unheeded. Obama signed the pact -- which was originally developed by the United States and Japan -- last year. Other current signatories include Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Morocco, Singapore, and South Korea.

Serebii is a British-run site. Which means that it currently wouldn't be affected, unless it becomes a law in the United Kingdom. Which means the whole point of this thread is pretty much moot.

Autis-misc

Abridger
Serebii is a British-run site. Which means that it currently wouldn't be affected, unless it becomes a law in the United Kingdom. Which means the whole point of this thread is pretty much moot.

Actually the Point of this thread was to let people Know Obama Signed ACTA, the whole Serebii thing was a Hook to get people to read.

I thought it was clever, up until you pointed that out.

Phoopes

There it is.
Actually the Point of this thread was to let people Know Obama Signed ACTA, the whole Serebii thing was a Hook to get people to read.

I thought it was clever, up until you pointed that out.

Oh, so you basically lied to get people to read the thread? Real mature of you, there.

Autis-misc

Abridger
Oh, so you basically lied to get people to read the thread? Real mature of you, there.
I lied in what I said to quote you actually. I didn't read the Article thouroghly, so i didn't know Serebii wasn't going to be affected.

You could have just wrote that Obama sign it or something like that.

I could of. but that's in the past. Unles the Mods can change the Title.

Buchou

filch some swag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible it could still go to the Senate before it is ratified?

No. 1 Machop Fan

I have a small Australian site dedicated to bringing back Bionicle, that they will try and close. If ACTA has indeed passed, I will fight until ACTA is stopped or Bionicle comes back, whatever comes first. NO-ONE is allowed to get between me and my goal!

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
I have a small Australian site dedicated to bringing back Bionicle, that they will try and close. If ACTA has indeed passed, I will fight until ACTA is stopped or Bionicle comes back, whatever comes first. NO-ONE is allowed to get between me and my goal!

why do you like bionical? it sucked, but all the best to you and i hope sopa doesn't take down your site.

7 tyranitars

Even if the European Union signs it, it would still mean that all countries in the EU have to sign it. Which due to the current nature of the government in my country, I am certain it won't pass.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Obama signed the pact -- which was originally developed by the United States and Japan -- last year

Obviously ACTA either hasn't passed or has already been passed. Besides, ACTA would most likely need to go to Congress before it passes.

And I just realized that if it goes to Congress it will go in front of the idiots that declared Pizza a vegetable.