• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ACTA has Passed, say goodbye to serebii

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Like people have already said, Obama signed this last year without consulting congress. As of now, ACTA appears to have no significant effect on the Internet.

Liquidation

Obama signed the pact -- which was originally developed by the United States and Japan -- last year

Obviously ACTA either hasn't passed or has already been passed. Besides, ACTA would most likely need to go to Congress before it passes.

And I just realized that if it goes to Congress it will go in front of the idiots that declared Pizza a vegetable.

This. I understand everyone is up in arms because of SOPA and PIPA mostly because Wikipedia and Google shut down because of it. But, if you actually paid any attention to the news/went on any sites actually affected by the ACTA, you would have known long ago. In fact, there were huge protests against ACTA back in September and October.

Also, until someone gets a Cease and Desist letter from your ISP, no one really cares. You can already be fined huge amounts for downloading copyrighted content, including pokemon sprites, music, etc. Its just that no one cares until the C&Ds start to come out (They won't do it for pokemon sprites. They don't care enough + GF/Pokemon lives off of communities like these, they won't ever do anything to affect them negatively)

By the way, Presidents sign stuff on a hung senate all the time. Its nothing new.

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
Obama signed the pact -- which was originally developed by the United States and Japan -- last year

OP: Check the dates of your articles before you make threads like this.

Between ACTA and the NDAA Obama is just Bush 2.0.

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight

Taodragon

Training Anaylst

Obviously ACTA either hasn't passed or has already been passed. Besides, ACTA would most likely need to go to Congress before it passes.

And I just realized that if it goes to Congress it will go in front of the idiots that declared Pizza a vegetable.

This., while it should definately be on our radar, we're pretty much jumping the gun at the moment since it hasn't passed yet.

Grey Wind

I have a small Australian site dedicated to bringing back Bionicle, that they will try and close. If ACTA has indeed passed, I will fight until ACTA is stopped or Bionicle comes back, whatever comes first. NO-ONE is allowed to get between me and my goal!
Oh my god, get over Bionicle. It died two years ago.

I'm still not fully sure what ACTA actually does, but it's been passed since last year and nothing drastic has happend yet, so it can't be that bad. Still hope it's not passed here. People seem to be blowing it massively out of proportion though: a friend came up to me telling me how it's been signed be the EU already and that all the Youtube vidoes will be taken down :/

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Stop blaming Obama. Seriously, name a politician who would not have signed it. There is an international outcry to stop piracy, so obviously something had to be done. ACTA is a huge mistake, but right now it's just a pact and not an actual law. It'll be done once Google and Wikipedia start protesting it, too.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
ACTA was passed!!!!!!!

We must act

ah.

That was bad. No, really, this sucks.

Stop blaming Obama. Seriously, name a politician who would not have signed it. There is an international outcry to stop piracy, so obviously something had to be done. ACTA is a huge mistake, but right now it's just a pact and not an actual law. It'll be done once Google and Wikipedia start protesting it, too.

Then why have a president in the first place if not to protect the public? Just put in a dog that will be trained to do whatever the special interests and big corporations want it to do. Google made it their policy to spy on its users for profit. They are not the friend of the common web user.

Dark Eevee

ACTA isn't active yet, that's why we haven't seen any of it's effects.

Also get Obama out of there. He's made everything worse, and signed this and NDAA.
And that was after he said he veto the NDAA. -_-

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
If ACTA already got aproved, so long serebii, my last words are that i really will miss this place and i loved it. Also if Obama did sign it i will go to the white house and tell him" You are in the wrong place, this is the WHITE house" not to be racist, i just feel he desserves it for signign such a thing