• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Action 52 - a thread of abomination.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
[img139]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/30/Action_52_%28NES%29_box_art.jpg/260px-Action_52_%28NES%29_box_art.jpg[/img139]​

Action 52. Undoubtedly one of the worst games in the entire video game history. More info here.

Better yet, before you read through this post, I highly recommend watching at least one YouTube video on this game. Go on, I'll still be here, and I'll wait.

*waits

Finished watching at least one video? Ok, great. Now, on to the discussion - I was trying out this game just for the hell of it, and all I can say, really, is that I've wasted enough of my time on these 52 horribly-made games in one. Poor programming, numerous glitches...there's just too many cons! I'll review...say...two games off of Action 52.

[img139]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/02/Non_Human_Screenshot2.JPG[/img139]

Non Human

Ok...you're some mysterious guy and...you're shooting these...enemies, and not only that, inside the pit lies these...pointless Elton John-like heads.

wat

And once you surpass the midsection of the level, you start over. One word - huh?

(Oh wait, programming glitch. Just as I expected.)

[img139]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/31/Fuzz_Power_Game_Screen.JPG[/img139]

Fuzz Power

According to the storyline, The main character in this game is a hair-covered man named Fuzzy. The story, taken from the game manual, is as follows: "Fuzzy must get to the land of Guru. He's got to avoid the walking brushes, hair dryers, combs and other natural hair disasters, because if he losses [sic] all of his hair he's bald and the game is over.

Ok, a horribly-made game with stolen music...but I won't mention anything about the stolen music. Fuzzy jumps and...barely makes a jump. Exactly how do you dodge incoming fire from...brushes, hair dryers, and combs? And who actually fears these...natural hair disasters? It's not like it's gonna kill you (come on, I don't even recall a person who died from a bad hair day). The life meter is obsolete, and why it's obsolete is anyone's guess.

In the end, Action 52 is, if not, one of the worst games of all time, as mentioned. I'll have to give this game a 1/10, but it's worth something to discuss. People who spent $200 on this abomination back in 1991 would regret it big time, and that's not saying much.

So...who here has actually tried this abominable game? What are your thoughts about it?

Discuss. I'm highly positive that not even one person in this forum will like the game. If that person does, I'd sure like to hear why, unless it's for the 'lulz'.

(I know for sure we'll receive some good laughs off of this game. If anyone here watched Armake's Action 52 videos, well, that's an added bonus...)

Thriller

Its almost time
Let's recap.

- Elton John kills you.
- Money kills you.
-Going up kills you.

Are you allowed to do ANYTHING Action 52?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Agh, this game.

It was the one where the "52 games" were actually just the same few games with different sprites and different bugs right?

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Oh my god. Why did I do it? Why did I YouTube it? Oh god.

Screw you, OP. D:

You know there's people who YouTube it for the lulz...right? =\

Agh, this game.

It was the one where the "52 games" were actually just the same few games with different sprites and different bugs right?

Well, for some of the games, yes. The creators got lazy in some parts of the games, like using the same music from one game to another.

(Oh, and who would've thought that windows would actually kill you? o_O)

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Say whatever you want, but Cheetamen has some of the best music of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Last edited:

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
(Oh, and who would've thought that windows would actually kill you? o_O)

You've never played I Wanna Be The Guy then. A Windows Error Message can kill you.

That game defines Platforming Hell. Check it up on Youtube.

You know how hard it is? The hardest difficulty level just removes all save points.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
In Ninja Assult (Obvious ripoff of Ninja Gaiden) do the enemy ninja's... rape you?

Lord Scalgon

What title?
You've never played I Wanna Be The Guy then. A Windows Error Message can kill you.

That game defines Platforming Hell. Check it up on Youtube.

You know how hard it is? The hardest difficulty level just removes all save points.

I've played IWBTG before, and I'm well aware of that. From apples/cherries of death to couches of death...and for some apparent reason, others touch the sword for the lulz.

'YOU JUMPED INTO A SWORD, YOU RETARD!'

Impossible difficulty is...well, pretty much defines the missing save points. Even on Medium, it's still hard. My favorite part of IWBTG, really, is the boss fight against Mecha Birdo (Ikaruga boss theme ftw).

In Ninja Assult (Obvious ripoff of Ninja Gaiden) do the enemy ninja's... rape you?

Probably...that's one of the games I haven't tried. I didn't try out all 52 games (only played like...40% of the 52 games). After playing a few of those games, I felt like it was time to start a brief review.

awlccl123

Played this before, but I only have played Cheetah Men and a few other games on it, since I had "beat" Cheetah Men 2. The intro is really annoying, the games are no good, I am glad Active Enterprises doesn't make games anymore.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I've played IWBTG before, and I'm well aware of that. From apples/cherries of death to couches of death...and for some apparent reason, others touch the sword for the lulz.

'YOU JUMPED INTO A SWORD, YOU RETARD!'

Impossible difficulty is...well, pretty much defines the missing save points. Even on Medium, it's still hard. My favorite part of IWBTG, really, is the boss fight against Mecha Birdo (Ikaruga boss theme ftw).

Probably...that's one of the games I haven't tried. I didn't try out all 52 games (only played like...40% of the 52 games). After playing a few of those games, I felt like it was time to start a brief review.

You know, I'd recommend going to the Other Video Game discussion board and posting a review on the Serebii.net Review team thread. We really need some new reviews.

Anyway, don't forget the hilarious Dracula death.

granbull guy

Vasoline
People spent money to buy that peice of crap What?

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
People spent money to buy that peice of crap What?

Well why do you think "The Great Videogame Crash" happened?

Though, admittingly, said crash only really affected America.

Thriller

Its almost time
I once heard that Action 52 was programmed in the Bahamas, which really sucks. I am from the Bahamas! I guess if the Bahamians can make a game so sh*tty then they may as well just forget about ever having an impact in the video game industry.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Well why do you think "The Great Videogame Crash" happened?

Though, admittingly, said crash only really affected America.

Facepalm1.jpg

That happened about 8 years prior to Action 52 being released.