• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Action Replay DS Firmware 1.71 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's needed for the Black and White cheats. No prob. I downloaded the Firmware 1.71 update, and extracted the file from the zip.

The problem comes with the next step of updating. Codejunkies website says to drag the 1.71 file onto the big white bit on the Code Manager screen (while ARDS is connected and on the updating screen). It even has a little screenshot showing the file - with the +copy icon - hanging over the Code Manager. Codejunkies Firmware 1.71 page here.

Except, when I try to do this, I don't get the "copy" file icon, I get a black circle with a diagonal line running through it.

What the heck. What is so different about my Action Replay Code Manager that I can't drag and drop the firmware file onto it like Codejunkies says to? The only thing I've done is install the usb connection drivers (they didn't install when I installed the code manager to my comp), and then delete, from my cheat cartridge, all the useless cheats for the billions of games that I don't play.

Is it some bizarre Windows 7 thing messing with the Code Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.